"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Missed Recognitions" - One More Important Factor.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry she can change her name as marathi
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram wrote:
MSV ஐயா இசையில் பாடிய பாடகர் பாடகிகள், எல்லாரும் சேர்ந்து விண்ணப்பத்தில் கையெழுத்து இட்டா இன்னும் நல்லா இருக்கும். அதில் பல பாடகர்கள் ஏற்கனவே விருது பெற்றவர்கள் தான்!

நல்லா சொன்னீங்களே. யாரு நம்ம பாடகர், பாடகியரைப்பற்றி நமக்கு தெரியாதா?.

'சுசீலாதான் எனக்கு பிடித்த பாடகி' என்று மெல்லிசை மன்னர் சொல்லியிருந்தும், எந்த ஒரு பேட்டியிலும் முடிந்தவரை அவரைப்பற்றி ஒரு வார்த்தை கூட பேசி விடக்கூடாது என்பதில் கவனமாக இருக்கும் சுசீலாவா ? அல்லது

இதே பாணியை கடைபிடிக்கும் ஜானகியா? அல்லது

தன்னுடைய பேட்டிகளின்போது, தனக்கு ஏராளமான வாய்ப்புகள் வழங்கிய மெல்லிசை மன்னரைப்பற்றி ஒன்றும் சொல்லாமல் இந்துஸ்தானி இசை பற்றியும் நௌஷாத் பற்றியும் மட்டும் பேசும் பி.பி.எஸ்ஸா.....?

இதோ எஸ்.பி.பி.என்ற பாடகரைப்பற்றி ஒரு தகவல்.

நேற்று ஜெயா டி.வி.யில் 'என்னோடு பாட்டுப்பாடுங்கள்' நிகழ்ச்சியை நடத்திவரும் எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்பிரமணியம் என்னும் பாடகர், அந்நிகழ்ச்சியில் ஒரு இளம்பெண் பாடிய 'தூங்காத விழிகள் ரெண்டு' (அக்னி நட்சத்திரம்) பாடலை பாடி முடித்ததும், அப்பாடலை இசையமைத்த இளையராஜாவை ஓகோவென்று புகழ்ந்தார். புகழட்டும் அது அவரது உரிமை. ஆனால் இடையில் ஒரு வார்த்தையை விட்டார்.

'இளையராஜா வெஸ்டர்ன் இன்ஸ்ட்ருமெண்ட்களை தமிழ்ப்பாடல்களில் புகுத்தியதைப்போல யாரும் செய்த்தில்லை. அப்படி ஒரு ஆர்க்கெஸ்ட்ரேஷன் பண்ணுவார். அவர் போல யாருமே செய்ததில்லை'.

அட ஞான சூனியமே, மேற்கத்திய வாத்தியங்களை தமிழ்ப்பாடல்களுக்கு வழி காட்டியதே மெல்லிசை மன்னர்தானே.

1987 ல் வந்த 'தூஙாத விழிகள் ரெண்டு' பாடலை இவ்வளவு புகழ்கிறாரே, அது மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் எந்தப்பாடலின் காப்பி என்று அவருக்கு தெரியாதா?. அது 1975 ல் 'பாட்டும் பரதமும்' படத்தில் வந்த

'சிவகாமி ஆட வந்தால் நடராஜன் என்ன செய்வான்
நடமாடி பார்க்கட்டுமே
கண்கள் உறவாடி பார்க்கட்டுமே
தூக்கிய காலை கொஞ்சம் கீழே வைத்தால் இங்கு
பாக்கியை நான் ஆடுவேன் அந்த
பாக்கியம் நான் காணுவேன்'

என்ற பாடலின் மெட்டுத்தானே அது?. அந்தக்கால கட்டத்தில் அவர் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் தயவில் தானே தமிழில் வண்டி ஓட்டிக்கொண்டிருந்தார்?. மறந்து விட்டாரா? அல்லது தன்னுடைய தற்போதைய 'உயிர்த்தோழன்' கோபப்படுவார் என்று நினைத்தாரா?
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Saradha Madam,

Did you notice when another girl sang "Deviyar Iruvar Muruganukku" from "Kalai Kovil", SPB while giving his comments later, mentioned a line about PS, "None other than PS can sing this song", and later the subjuect turned out to something general, but not a single word was uttered throughout the song about the composer.

Even the same with Kunnakudi as well.. He praised a lot about his own songs when sung by the participants, tried to embarass the partcipants with his music knowledge, when songs of other composers came, and remained silent (or not given chance by SPB to talk), when the song was composed by the EMPEROR!!!

Enna ulagam!!!!

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: COMPOSED BY MSV ONY Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

All the songs in the movie Mella Thiranthathu Kadhavu were composed by our One & Only MSV only and only the orchestration part (I am sure here also MSV would have lent a hand) was carried out by IR. You shouldn't have let that singer go scott free after such a blunder and ensured she announced an errata on the stage itself. This would have served as an eye (brain) opener for many who forget the phenomenon called MSV at their whims & fancies. So much for the knowledge of new singers!!! Sad

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

டியர் ராம்..

நல்ல காரியம் செய்தீர்கள். இப்படிப்பட்டவர்களைப் பற்றி தனியே அழைத்துச்சொன்னால் அது அவர்களுக்கு மட்டுமே தெரியும். அதே சமயம் இப்படிப்பட்ட தற்குறிகள் அரைவேக்காட்டுத்தனமாக மேடையில் உளறும்போது, அந்த மேடையிலேயே ஏறி மைக்கைப்பிடித்து அவரகளின் முகத்திரையைக் கிழித்தால், அவர்களின் அரைவேக்காட்டுத்தனம் எல்லோருக்கும் அம்பலமாகும். அப்படி செய்த்தால் காலம் முழுதும் அவர் மறக்க மாட்டார்.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

நேற்று (15.10.2007) ஜெயா டிவியில் வி.ஐ.பி.சிறப்பு தேன்கிண்ணம் நிகழ்ச்சியில் யுகேந்திரன் வந்திருந்தார் (மலேசிய வாசுதேவன் மகனாம்). சரி, இசைத்துறை சம்மந்தப்பட்டவராயிற்றே, இவராவது ஒழுங்காக வழங்குவார் என்று நினைத்தேன்... ஏமாந்தேன்.

ஆயிரத்தில் ஒருவன், புதிய பறவை, ராமு, சந்திரோதயம் பாடல்களின்போது 'வழக்கம்போல' புறக்கணிப்பு, இருட்டடிப்பு எல்லாம் இருந்தது. எம்.ஜி.ஆர், ஜெயலலிதா புகழ்கள் பாடப்பட்டன. (நான் வேண்டாம் என்று சொல்லவில்லை). ஆனால் சொல்லப்பட வேண்டியவர் 'வழக்கம்போல' மறக்கப்பட்டார். மனது வலித்தது.

இந்தப்பாடல்கள் முடிந்து 'இன்னொருவரின்' பாடல்களைச் சொல்லத்துவங்கியதும் 'வழக்கம்போல' அவரைப்பற்றி மூணரை முழத்துக்கு நீட்டி முழக்கி விட்டு, பாடலை ஒளிபரப்பினர்.

அப்போதே முடிவு செய்தேன், இனி எவனுடைய சிறப்பு தேன் கிண்ணமும் பார்ப்பதில்லை என்று. காரணம் எல்லா நாய்களும் ஒரே மாதிரிதான் குரைக்கின்றன. நான் ஒருத்தி பார்க்காததால் ஒன்றும் ஆகிவிடப்போவதில்லை. ஆனாலும் எனக்கு 'பிளட் பிரஷர்' ஏறாது இல்லையா..?.

(There may be some 'Un-Parlimentary' words in this post. But DONT delete them. please ).

Last edited by saradhaa_sn on Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Saradhaa

why you are insulting ......... Laughing Taken good decision.

regards
ramesh
irenehastings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Nethiyad'i post Saradha madam.

(I also request the moderators not to remove your post).
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: ANOTHER BLUNDER!!!! Reply with quote

These people never change!!!!

I mention to our "as-usual" Vijay Adhiraj, this time an unforgettable blunder...

It was a SUN TV Programme yesterday night, which he anchors, that features persons impersonifying famous actors. In a round, the persons are supposed to dance for some popular songs. For one of the person, the song selected by the judge was "Roja Malare Raaja Kumari" from "Veera Thirumagan". Then, Vijay Adiraj's comment was

Itho A.M. Raajavin Arpudhamaana Paadal

Whether he mentioned him for the MD or the singer, both are unforgivable blunders.. as the MDs are our EMPERORs and the singer is PBS (where does AMR fits in the song here ? )

Why to give "unnecessary" statistics, if the anchor is not sure about what he is saying. Was it because he wants to prove he knows something about Tamil Cinema, or whether he just blurted it out because none of the audience will worry about this, in a comedy show?

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
irenehastings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER BLUNDER!!!! Reply with quote

Sriram Kannan wrote:
These people never change!!!!

I mention to our "as-usual" Vijay Adhiraj, this time an unforgettable blunder...

It was a SUN TV Programme yesterday night, which he anchors, that features persons impersonifying famous actors. In a round, the persons are supposed to dance for some popular songs. For one of the person, the song selected by the judge was "Roja Malare Raaja Kumari" from "Veera Thirumagan". Then, Vijay Adiraj's comment was

Itho A.M. Raajavin Arpudhamaana Paadal

Whether he mentioned him for the MD or the singer, both are unforgivable blunders.. as the MDs are our EMPERORs and the singer is PBS (where does AMR fits in the song here ? )

Why to give "unnecessary" statistics, if the anchor is not sure about what he is saying. Was it because he wants to prove he knows something about Tamil Cinema, or whether he just blurted it out because none of the audience will worry about this, in a comedy show?

Dear Sriram,

I also watched that (Super Duper) programme last night with my friends, and we all laughed when Vijay Adhiraj told like this. After he gave his 'araivekkadu comment', the duper actor dance for that song. Evenafter the song was telecasted, Vijay did not correct his mistake. Did he not hear PBS voice in that song?.

This is not first time for Vijay Adhiraj. Some months before, a contestant sung the SPB's song "Unnai naan paarththathu vennilaa velaiyil" in Jaya TV's Raghamaaliga programme. Vijay Adhiraj (asusual) commented as 'Raja sir udaiya excellent composition'.

But, "alas".... this song was compossed by Shanker-Ganesh in Pattikkaattu Raja.
Vatsan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Missed recongnitions Reply with quote

Hello all,
I cannot agree more with the postings here, especially those of Saradha. Especially postings that reference the thEn kiNNam presenters carefully omitting MSV's name. I am neither fanatical nor sectarian by nature, but it is a wonder that all presenters carefully leave out MSV's name ALL the time when most of the songs are MSV's. Leaves me flabbergasted. Even the most neutral mind will start thinking on these lines. Have they been instructed to highlight IR's name alone.?Today (Nov 5th), singer Veeramani was the presenter. All the songs (till the point I watched) were those of MSV. He spoke at length about the puratchi thalaivars and thalaivis (who actually made a living out of MSV) and lead a parasitical existence (and did not have the base human decency to acknowledge MSV's immeasurable contribution) but no, no mention made of MSV. He included 'pon magaL vanthAL', a magical blitzkreig of a number which fuses Jazz like rhythms with mridangam, a number that can make a dead piece of wood stand up and break into a dance screaming 'MSV' all the way, could not wake this living corpse up. MSV's horoscope must certainly be pervertedly unique in some ways.
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vaidymsv wrote:
Karnan, the ultimate example for immortal in music. Karnan - The ultimate in listening pleasure. Karnan - The ultimate in everything if you want to talk about music, lyric, Direction, editing and whatever one wishes to add here. In total Karnan is a total movie that excelled in every department. Karnan - Superlative is probably the lowest of degrees we could use to describe it.

V S Kumar wrote:
But-- and this is the reason for my writing-- the quality of this film's music has not been fully appreciated or received the connoisseur's recognition it deserves.

I still question (or) doubt the sort of taste yesteryear people had on Films and Music, when I read that movies like "Karnan" did not go well (or) did not get the needed appreciation or recognition that it should have obtained!

But for people like "MSVClub" and some genuine Music lovers, majority of the "CROWD" ran just behind the matinee idols. I'm not saying its wrong, but not paying a moment to listen to the marvels and appreciate the Songs/Movies like Legendary Karnan is completely unpardonable... Categorizing songs like "Sivaji Pattu" / "MGR Pattu" and not even noticing some marvels that were churned out by legend MSV is really a shame! I have also read that directors were categorized as "He is a Sivaji Director", "He is from MGR Baton" etc rather than "Quality Director". Obviously and thankfully we had directors like K.Balachander, Sridhar who were exceptions.

I've not even heard a single person whom I met - like parents of my friends, relatives etc - who voluntarily told and appreciated "MSV Songs", mentioning MSV's name.... I feel its DEFINITELY their responsibility to impart these songs on to their kids and next generation like how my dad made me listen to "MSV Songs" and how Vaidy makes his kids listen to Master's songs.... Am DAMN sure youngsters will surely appreciate good music, provided they are given with opportunity to listen to those... This opportunity and responsibility is the biggest MISS by the so called yesteryear "Music Fans" (???????)

Added to that..... the so called "leaders" of Tamil Nadu also NEVER cared about the man who paved a great success to their Political careers through his Immortal Music....

Long live the Legend MSV who lives in a plane which is far beyond these things.... The Man who knows just MUSIC and nothing else

Long Live the great MSVClub, the true saviours and propogators of Melody Music !!!

With pains...
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Songs Branded Reply with quote

Dear Ram,
Your posting makes an interesting and necessitated reading. I do agree with your sentiments but not totally. Any creator of an art form treats the appreciation he receives as the best reward and not any temporary perks or benefits. Particularly great artistes and legends definitely come under this category and they respect only the appreciation of their art form. Definitely they will be at least for some extent disappointed if their product does not get the due recognition. The same logic applies to our legendary MSV's creations. Though the directors were branded - as you mentioned as Sivaji director or MGR director- their outputs definitely did not compromise. They excelled in their fields despite their brands. Though we are mentioning MGR song or Sivaji song ultimately they are talked even today. Except for exceptionally good directors or popular directors could not bring out the best from their crew. The only exception being MSV. If there is no brand the product will not be known to others. In other words, there would not have been a necessity to bring out the thread "RARE AND UNHEARD SONGS OF MSV" in our forum. Because these songs did not reach the people up to the expected level we are now compelled to discuss them in this particular thread and to bring out the genius in our MASTER. At the same time there need not be any detailed discussion on the popular and much appreciated songs of the so called branded artistes or directors. Ultimately it is the music that lasts. Moreover, in those days even for hearing those songs we had to depend on the radio. Only those elite class had the privilege of having gramaphone players and records. In such a situation, even for listening to the radios, we will have be at the mercy of elders or parents at whose discretion the playing of radio was available. Imagine, we will all go the Marina Beach in the evenings to listen songs at 6.45 pm to 7.15 pm. and then 7.15 to 7.25 for news and then return home. Even for Karnan we had heard criticisms like .. indha padathilae poi western music instruments ellam pottirukkaangalae.... like that. As children we could not have known about what is in that song. Any way these are things of the past. But only one point I want to make, I personally believe that there is nothing wrong in a product being branded as long as it is appreciated in proper manner.
Sincerely,
V. Raghavendran.
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ragasuda and all,

Probably I'll rephrase my point here, as my concern is NOT on song branding in any way.... My point is how MSV's name was forgotten FOR SOME REASON OR THE OTHER in each and every possible department.

My point is to advocate for the unsung hero MSV behind the success of the song and NOT "Why the hero is praised for a song?".

There are many instances I've personally seen.... For example if we go to a popular music store, say in Chennai, finding a collection of "MSV Hits" is actually a rarity, which gives us a question "SHOULD this man be at the back-ground ALWAYS, since he is not on screen?" - Blame the Audio/Video Companies, who does not even care (or) bother to put the correct Music Director name on the CD Covers on old movies.

I definitely feel that the general public (this includes Media, Politicians and many Fans too) did not have interest to appreciate the different aspects of film making... For example how many appreciated the wonderful camera works of the great cinematographer in Sridhar's team - Vincent when "Kadhalikka Neramillai" was released ???

Did Radio or Magazines (whatever media was available) highlight (or) take steps to highlight the ALL the great people behind a song ???

If this is the case for the legend like MSV, just think about other amazing creators like G.Ramanathan, K.V.Mahadevan, S.M.Subbiah, Sudharsanam..

Standing examples....

People who participate in "Then Kinnam" in Jaya TV has NEVER, even by mistake, mentioned the name of MSV. I think the previous discussions in this thread would speak volumes about this missed recognition...

Anyways... Let us continue with our Musical Journey.

The core crew has future ideas to bring out every possible "Unknowns" from Old Films.... This includes even non-blockbuster movies of actors (there are so many wonderful movies of Nadigar Thilagam not known to public), lesser known singers (Singers other than TMS, PS, PBS, LRE, SPB), other composers of the Golden Days (am sure our Master would be immensely happy if his seniors are brought to light too), the musicians behind great composers (for example Pukazhendi for KVM)..

We have a long way to go.... But am positive and hopeful that we can definitely reach that destination...
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Lamentations over MSV's name being held back on every occasion has resurged again. There can never be a logical conclusion as to why it happens to MSV all the time.But it happens with mathematical accuracy. Certainly it is not the fault of MSV nor of the general public. For many years [decades?] MSV did not deem it fit to project himself even professionally by imposing artificial conditions like -when he will be able to take-up work for a movie, where he would prefer the song to be recorded or on what terms he could be approached for scoring music for a movie, who shall be the lyricist and the like. He made himself more and more humble as years rolled by. Why that much- I have not heard of MSV seeking to enhance his rates even after churning out Mega hit songs in Silver jubilee box office hits all the year round for over 20 years at a stretch. [ Reminded of the saying in Tamil " Azhudha piLLai thaan paal kudikkum]. People conveniently exploited his gifts and hit goldmines for the asking. When later entrants started fixing criteria and rates for every piece of work, the movie makers and the media gave a positive nod and went on to justify those as logical demands for quality efforts. When this trend got established, recording studios started pampering MDs to win their favour. In turn movie makers and all agencies connected with filmdom started availing of every occasion to appease MDs by making loud signals of appreciation for MDs on every flimsy count. Soon Singers too joined the bandwagon. When listeners started feeling the pinch things have taken a new turn. The pinch that I refer to here is the void between claims and product performance in terms of quality and elegance. In the light of these noisy claims and the deafening musical score drowning the lyric, our minds wake up to MSV- Kannadasan era to see for ourselves where we were and where we are now in cine-music? Naturally it is a sad play of pervert zodiac alignments all over for MSV and the entire genre of lovers of his music who could just do nothing except honestly bleed with in that there is sp much of pomp and pamper for substandard works while an entire library of music stays relegated. But, feelings are vibrations in their own right and certainly can set off responses elsewhere. Thank you for providing another occasion to share my thought.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: