"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Missed Recognitions" - One More Important Factor.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irenehastings

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram wrote:
Categorizing songs like "Sivaji Pattu" / "MGR Pattu" and not even noticing some marvels that were churned out by legend MSV is really a shame!

Dear Ram,

Did you notice one thing...??.

When the 'thEn kinnam' presenters talking about the songs from Shivaji movies, like Thangapathakkam, Gowravam, Dheivamagan etc (in which music was scored by MSV sir), they will brand it as 'Shivaji song' and fully paraise about his acting.

But if the same thing come to songs like 'poongaatru thirumbumaa' from 'Muthal Mariyaadhai' etc, they will simply kick-out Shiavji's name, but praising only about Ilaiyaraja. Even though it was from Shivaji's movie, eventhough he acted for that song, they will not spell tha name of Shivaji's there. they will give 95% credit to Ilaiyaraja, 5% to Bharathiraja and 'nil%' to Shivaji & Malaysia vasudevan.

But if it come to MSV compossed songs, it will be branded as 'Shivaji song'.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: YET ANOTHER GOOF UP Reply with quote

Dear Members,

We have been writing continuosly about the calculated omission about MSV's name (still pondering as to who's the calculator - (whether it's Jaya TV or Then Kinnam presenters). The latest was the TK presented by one Director Thangar Bachan. Nearly 95% of the songs featured in this episode was scored by the EMPERROR but sadly as usual total black out for MSV! I am 100 % sure that these characters who talk in length and breadth about the actors, editing, direction (and what not).... and they even come to the point of discussing about music (Thangar Bachan talked about the nuances of orchestration also which rekindled my hope that yes.... he is going to mention..mention.... mention.......and alas no mention of the Creator Sad Sad Sad Sad ).

It pains me more as Jaya TV was the only Tamizh channel that covered the launch of MSVTIMES.COM (which was subsequently telecast on Jaya TV) and yet they allow this anomaly to continue much to the annoyance & displeasure of the MSV clan. May I appeal to the Jaya TV Crew that it is really high time for you to put an end to this apathy or alternatively put an end to Then Kinnam itself (which ever is convenient, and earlier the better). Jaya TV are you listening... ooops watching?????

Sad Sad Sad vaidy

msvramki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Yet another Republic Day !! Reply with quote

YET ANOTHER REPUBLIC DAY, DENYING AGAIN, A NATIONAL AWARD TO THE MOST DESERVING LEGEND IN THE MUSIC WORLD - OUR MSV !!!

LONG LIVE INDIA
JAI HIND
VANDE MATHARAM

Ram

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS PATHETIC !!!!!! SHAME ON PEOPLE WHO KEEP THIS NATIONAL RECOGNITION FAILING !!!!!!
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: ANOTHER YEAR WASTED Reply with quote

Dear All,

Another RD passed by without any news for this elite club. The worst has already happened - I mean the tenure of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalaam that miserably failed to recognise the presence of this small made GIANT goes only to prove that the coming years will only be void as the present President may not even know or heard of MSV. Let's observe a minute's silence and condemn the powers that be in total silence towards this gross injustice. What else could we do??? The apathy continues and will continue forever.

IN TOTAL DISTRESS
VAIDY

Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramki sir, Vaidy sir,

I feel the same way as you and Ram do. MSV has reached such heights that if any award is given to our Legend, it will add lustre and prestige to the award and NOT the other way round. It is only for our satisfaction that he should be given nothing less than the Bharat Ratna.

Since these awards were instituted, there have been thousands of awardess. Honestly, how many of these people are remembered? Very, very few.

But our Master's name and glory is etched in the annals of history and will live FOREVER. It is said that Lord Anjaneya is but a part of Lord Ram Himself. It is widely believed that whenever and wherever Lord Ram's name is uttered Sri Hanuman will be present there and watch with pride. Likewise whenever and wherever any one of MSV's thousands of songs is played or listened, his name will live on - with or without people's acknowledgement.

My thoughts should not be construed as 'sour grapes story'.

Mellisai Chakravarthy himself has said that the greatest award is the affection of his rasikas. I think he sincerely means it. Or else he could have made use of many opportunities to lobby the people in power, but he has not done so.

So let us all pray to the God Almighty to grant MSV a long and healthy life and another innings at what he does best - MAKING MUSIC.

Thanking you all,
With regards,
Damodaran Pachaiappan
Ram

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am re-quoting from the blog of Mr.Nellai Siva in his write-up on MSV... The complete article is already posted under the same thread.

"நல்ல கலைஞனுக்கு விருதுகளெல்லாம் இரண்டாம் பட்சம்தான், அது கலைஞனின் பார்வையில். கலைஞனின் ரசிகனின் பார்வையில், விருதும் தேவையான ஒன்று."
Jeev

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Award to Sri.MSV Reply with quote

I am glad to share this great news.

The Event: “Sangeetha Saraswathi” award to be conferred on
Mellisai Mannar Sri. M. S. Viswanathan

The Occassion - 56th Birthday Celebrations of Poojya Sri Guruji Viswanath

“PARIPOORNOTHSAVAM"

Venue: Kamarajar Arangam, Teynampet, Chennai
Day & Date: 25th June 2008, Wednesday

The 56th Birthday of Poojya Sri Guruji Viswanath will be celebrated on the holy
day of 25th June 2008, Wednesday at Kamaraj Arangam, Chennai.

The highest award in the world of music, ‘Sangeetha Saraswathi’ instituted by
Manava Seva Kendra, for honouring living legendaries in music is conferred by
Poojya Sri Guruji Viswanath on his birthday every year. This year the award is
conferred on none other than the legendary composer, ‘Mellisai Mannar’
‘Kalaimamani’ Sri. M. S. Viswanathan.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information . Cheers Very Happy
Ram

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jeev,

Thanks for sharing this news with the club.

I got this email from the Secretary of the organization and I was about to post this in the announcement section.

Let me re-post in that section again.

Thanks.
Ram

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: One more!! Reply with quote

I happenned to visit a website that features Tamil Online Radio. I visited the 'Old Songs' section and here are the 'Options' I had in that channel.

MSV's name was NOT mentioned even by accident! Wheras ALL other Music Directors were given separate channels!

This is not only this particular website, many more like this. And wherever we go - be it Audio Shops, Roadside Platform MP3 stalls, TV Channels - "Old Is Gold" programmes and as an extension - even the National Awardee List.

Everywhere these people make sure MSV's name is carefully omitted!!!

Another popular website has a section for MSV, but it has just 15 movies in that section. Just 15?????? The rest???????

We started the signatory compaign for the National Award for MSV! Vaidy even wrote letters personally to our State & National leaders(?). Everything in vain!

Long live these people! Long live MSV !!!!

tvsankar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,
Ungalin varuthathil nanum pangerkiren.
INdha thread arambathil, ariyamaiyal enru sila perukaga
support seidhu ezhudhi irukiren.

Ithanai natkalil, nanum gavnithu parthen. MSV in peyarai,
Neengal solvadhai pola, nyabagama marakirargal and maraikirargal...

Idhai patri MSV avargalidam pesi, oru mudivu seiya vendum Ram.

Royatly il gavanamaga irukum indha kalathail, Isai amaithavarin
peyrai podadhavrgal mel edhavadhu action edukalam Ram.

MSV in isaiyin padalgalil avar peyrai podum padi
edhavadhu seiya vendum. kattayamaga..............
Unmaiyil en manam varutham adaigiradhu....

Endha peyaril irundhal enna, ketpadhu MSV in isai..
Avarin nalla manadhu polavae
Avar isai amaitha avarin padalaum
Irukum idam theiryamal neenda naatkal Vazhum.

Isaiyil Enrum Vaazhum Mellisai Mannar........

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR ALL,
I STRONGLY BELIEVE MSV IS ONE OF THE AVADHARAM OF A 'KAANDHARVAN'. 'KAANDHARVARGAL' IS ONE SECT OF THE 'DEVARGAL' WHOSE LIFE ITSELF IS MUSIC MUSIC AND ONLY MUSIC. SO I DO NOT NEED ANY AWARD FOR THIS AVADARA PURUSHAN.

AWARDS ARE GIVEN TO HUMAN BEINGS BY HUMAN BEINGS. THEY ARE NOT FOR 'DEVARGAL'

N Y MURALI
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans - Reply with quote

Dear Mr. S.R .Shankar,
Glad to know of your genuine urge to share your ecstasy of MSV with friends of this forum. At this stage , the volume of material appearing in the forum is increasing and the topics covered are quite disparate and refreshingly new by perception. It is this freedom to post one's views with the cautious restraint to keep off controversies that has given a new dimension to the pleasure of revisiting MSV through so many ports. Yet, the material to be looked at is substantial in number and quality. Obviously one witnesses boundless enthusiasm kept under personal restraint of people who are mature by every reckoning. MSV - a subject of delight for music lovers from the previous millennium to date enjoys a fan club who are 40+ on an average. It would be an injustice if we donot wholeheartedly acknowledge and appreciate quite a few youngsters in their thirties who do admire MSV for his calibre, quality and variety. These youngsters deserve the richest encomium for they are the genuine reference points to shatter the myth that MSV's styles of composition may not impress the youth. It has been well established that people who are properly exposed to MM's compositions are irrevocably held in awe by the sheer beauty of his works. Another strong point that lends credence to my argument is, the youngsters I am referring to are not merely a clan shielded from listening to other composers; with open mind they do listen and studt every other composer past / present . Besides there are rateher a fair number of them who have had thorough training in one or the other genre of music. With the technical knowhow of music organization in different genres if persons adore him [MSV] as the best , I think it is the best form of recognition desrved by a creator ably cutting across the so-called barriers of generation gap. Certainly the music in TF is witnessing a GENERATION GULF, but quality lovers among TFM audience would certainly prove our point, provided they have heard MSV songs.
My reiteration of facts at this juncture has one and only purpose.
So, Mr. Shankar, simply come out with your display of colour fire works that proclaim to this world that there is no limit to the number of admirers of the legend. Please come out in full blast.
Best wishes and warm regards.

Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was happy(!) to find that several others have been sharing my anguish of MSV's name being blacked out by celebrities and others. I would mention a few. Invariably, most of the presenters of Sirappu Then Kinnam (Jaya TV) start with an eulogy of MGR (for the great songs of his film!) followed by another for the 'madam' for her graceful dances etc. (One presenter heaped praises on her for her graceful dancing for 'paaduvOr paadinaal,' well deserved no doubt, but this connoisseur did not care tomention the creator of the song. As the song itself says, the dancing is a reaction to the song and where does the song come from ? It comes out of thin air? I can only call them nincompoop - a word Jalalithaa uses to describe her opponents in politics!)

Next it is Svaji. Some people are charitable to give credit to Gemini (another underrated artist - in my opinion) but again they are careful not to mention MSV. Some people acknowledge Kavignar or Vaali. But this is the limit. They will not go beyond this and talk about the MD, whether it is MAV, KVM or GR. One rare exception was TK Kalaa, who not only gave an excellent colection but also recognized V-R and MSV while presenting their songs.

In the same Jaya TV, there is a programcalled 'Sokkuthey Manam,' where they sing old songs. This program started well in Pothigai a couple of years ago (under the name 'ThuLLatha manamum thuLLum) with people like Ananthu in the team but got derailed after sometime and the team was hijacked by Jaya TV. A pale version of ThuLLaatha manamum'is still on in Pothigai.

The interesting thing about 'Sokkuthe Manam' is that therte is a special slot called 'Raja Paarvi' which presents an ILaya Raajaa song preceded by a sort of poetic tribute to the 'isai gnaani.' But no mention about the great creators of the golden era like MSV, TKR, KVM or G.Ramanathan,whose compositions form the major component of the program. . I don't understand why this special focus on Raaja, as if it is a reserved quota!

Another person who disappointed me was KJ Yesudass. In 'Koffe with Anu'that was telecast recently in Vijay, he was harping on 'KaNNe Kalaimane,' as if that was the song that brought him glory. I was shocked that he did not mention 'Athisaya Raagam,' not to speakof 'malare kurinji malare' etc. And forget about 'Enna Paarvai unthan paarvai'which launched him as a playback singer! At least the moderator Anu had the grace to mention 'manaivi amaivathellaam' After that, they started talking about his Ayyappaa songs and his son etc.

Let us take the great SPB. He is cleverer than others.He does talk about MSV now and then. But in his 'EnnOdu pattu paadungaL,' the special praise is reserved for Raaja. Whenever a Raajaa song is sung, it is mandatory to sing his praise. But MSV need to be mentioned only occassionally. He sometimes talks high of an MSV song but avoids mentioning MSV's name.

But I am pained at another mischief of his.I have observed a couple of times his mentioning MSV getting inspiration from Hindi songs. He mentioned this for 'Paattondru ketten' (Paasa Malar) He said there was some faint resemblance to some Hindi song. If the resemblance was only faint, then what was the need to mention this? When talking about 'Pesuvathu Kiliyaa' he referred to the 'oho ho ho hoi' in that song and said that this was inspired by some 'o ho ho...' huming of a Shankar Jaikishen song. This is far fetched. I found it a deliberate mischief and a cheap trick to disparage a grat composer known for his innovative ways.

Well, we can't do anthing about this,except to share our anguish and cry like Bhatathiyaar, 'Nenju Porukkithilliye, indha nilai ketta manitharai ninaindhuu vittaal!'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: