"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Missed Recognitions" - One More Important Factor.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. SRS
True. I shall explain my personal experience. I am a very different kind of MSV’S' rasikan. While like all other fans I also grew up listening his songs. But things seems to have taken a sudden change in my music life. New tunes started coming to me from nowhere. I decided to try out in the form of devotional songs and I brought out three albums.

Since I had little bit of experience then I started to look in to his composition style from the composer angle. I could find out that not only his songs has a mystery in terms of construction of the overall melody it also seems to have come with some mystic powers. This applies to his various style like classical, semi western, lightmusic, thatthuva paadalgal. Even his tappanguthu or club dance songs would carry a mystery and has a mystic power. With humbleness I wanted to declare that I can challenge anybody about this facet of his composition. So I sensed that he is not ‘patthodu padhinondru’. Since my ATHMA is touched by his songs I thought I must do something in return. Otherwise I will carry the sin of “SEI NANDRI KONDRA PAAVAM’.

The right situation came about 2 years back. My daughter one day said she wanted to learn Key Board. So I got her a small Casio. Until that time I used to play only harmonium. Now since I had a keyboard I tried to play his songs with rhythm and chords using left hand. Some time went by. One day my daughter saw me playing the song ‘SITTU KURUVI MUTHAM KOTUTHU’. She was so attracted by the tune (even after my playing?) that she said she wanted to learn that song. She learnt that song in just 2 days including chords. She then demanded more and more. Now she can play about 15 songs of him and this continues.

While I taught her his various songs I mentioned to her how he built his composition based on chord based notes. She said that because of this reason it is not only easy for her to remember and play the notation. She also says because of this reasons she could feel the enchanting feeling while playing. I have mentioned earlier that his songs are a mystery and has a mystique powers. But I now understood that there is a new facet in his music composition. That is it is not complicated and can be approached to that of child. The child does not carry any perception. So if we approach that way it is so easy for us to understand the emotional expression of his sounds. All this happened to my 11 year old daughter. Now she wants to learn as much of his songs as possible.

She is also watching me and my wife participating in this forum. She was very unhappy to find that the minimum age limit is 13. she is waiting for her completion of her 13th birthday so that she could share her feelings with all of us.

Mr. Ramki had mentioned about the next generation flag bearers for MSVTIMES. There is one waiting to carry that flag

Regards,

N Y. MURALI
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YGM comment at recent function:

Mahendra requested the media people not to confer the title of Genius on all and sundry. He said that Tamil cinema had/has only four geniuses and they are Sivaji, Nagesh, Kannadasan and MS Viswanathan. We have not honoured the first three while they were alive and so he requested all to atleast honour MSV

regards
ramesh
Venkat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ramesh,
That was very well said by YGM. Thanks for quoting.
In one of the programs in Vijay TV, Coffee with Anu, Mouli also told something similar to this.
Tamil cinema- endravudan moondru per nam ninaivukku varuvaargal.
1.Sivaji, 2.Kannadasan, 3.MSV.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while i too feel sorry for the lapse of balaje ,bit i still wonder it could be even a blunder of channel as the editor could have even done this.
i am of a very strong opinion that he is more than a actor and generous too as i had experienced in few occassions and however if he had chosen not to mention it is purely his mistake
but MM is beyond all these and he never carry these to his head
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

BALAJEE is one among many VIPs who is still earning because of MSv tunes , but still doesnot find words to praise him . the royalties are still pouring in for Engirinthoo vanthaal , raaja , neethi , thangai , BILLA ,thee ,etc.

RAAJas re rerecording was considered to be very innovative in those days , but balajee didnot recognise that . when he remembered Chandrabose , ,who scored music for only one film of sujatha cine arts , and one hit song . (a good song i acknowledge)its pity that this happens repeatedly for MSV .

but i shoiuld thank profusely , KANCHANA-- who appreciated , and remembered songs from Motor sundaram pillai,Sivantha mann , Parukkum paavai . she also mentioned about LRE for pattathu raani.

and another one YGMahendra- he appreciated MSV , to greatest height, in his interview in kalaigner TVand he said there are only 3 greates sivaji/ nagesh and MSV .
and he hero worshipped , as per him , not only MSV , but also his drummer, gopalkrishnan, and Nanjundaiah

and he recordered , MSV , is the only music director , who balanced all types of music , carnatic , before him , and kuthu pattu , after his peak , and MELODY means only MSV songs

he said msv song enrapothiniley ,inbha thaen vanthu payuthu kathiniley .

a true , sentence , came out of his heart . and remember , the topic as mainly on dramatics , as that day was World dramatics day , but still he chose that platform , to praise MSV - shows , how he adores him .

LASTLY , CVR , who has praised MM to a greater extend
so let us get consolation from these people .

but LOSS IS NOT TO mm as YGM , CVR said , AS LONG AS TAMIZH LIVES , KD AND MSV WILL LIVE - NO DOUBT
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Referring to sister Malathi's posting quoting song lines-
"Naam ellorum 'Endrum 16 ga irukkum Mellisai Mannarin isaikku 'Gowrava(m) pattam allikkavillaiye endru thavippadu mattumalamal Kavigan Kannadasan and other kavignargalum avargaludaiya ezhutthukkalil kettuvittargal
'Unnai Ondru Ketpen Unmai solla vendum'
'OOru sanam thoongiducchu' Thoongiduccha - adhanal)
'Ullam enbadhu aamai' (aamaiyo? - adhanal)
'Thoodhu sella oru thozhi illaiyena (nobody is there to propose)
'En endra kelvi' (from us)............. Naangal
Imayam Kandom........
Nalla kariyam seekiram Nadakkanum"

I would further like to connect the issue through a sequence of songs (the wordings are suitably changed):

First, let us all question the Award Jury, by the following song from “En Magan”:
“Neengal Athanai Perum Uthamarthana Sollungal, Ungal manadhaik konjam thottup paarthu sollungal”

Then the Master responds with a song from “Enga Oor Raja” (Yaarai Nambi Naan Porandhen):
“Awardai Nambiya Isai Amaithen, Pongada Ponga,
En Kaalam Vellum Venra Pinney Thaangada Thaanga”

And one more song from “Andhaman Kadhali” (Panam Ennada Panam Panam):
“Award ennada Award, Pughazhdhanada nirandharam
Naan podadha mettukkala, naan seyyaadha vidhaigala,
athanaiyum seydhenada, en rasigarukku thandhenada”

Response of MSV Fans with song from “Velli Vizha”:
“Unakkenna Kuraichal, nee Isai Raja,
vandhal varattum Virudhu
thandhal kooda adhu unakku siridhu”

The Legend’s response with song from “Thedi Vandha Maappillai”
“Vetri Meedhu Vetri Vandhu Ennai Cherum
Adhai Vaangi Thandha Perumai Ellam Ungalai* Cherum”

*by “Ungalai”, as usual, He refers to the Fans, the Orchestra Team, the Lyricists, the Actors, the Directors, the Producers & every one - as humble as ever.

No Award will befit Him suitably, including the "Oscar". The Fans' adoration, affection, love and respect are His biggest Awards.

Long Live MSV and His Magical Music!

Regards,

Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sister Malathi,

Thanks and I am very glad to know that MSV sang these lines (Did he use the wording "Ungalai Serum"?). Unfortunately I am not able to watch "Enrum MSV" as we are not getting Mega TV here. I once again request the Moderators of MSV Times to try and upload recordings of "Enrum MSV" programme, so that it will help so many fans like me to watch it.

Regards,

Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

நல்ல காரியம் செய்திருக்கிறீர்கள் திரு ராகவன் கண்ணன். மிக்க நன்றி.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PADMA AWARDS ANNOUNCED FOR THE YEAR 2010

AS USUAL MASTERS NAME , DOES NOT FIND IN ANY CATAGORY

I REALLY WONDER WHETHER WE SHOULD FEEL SAD ABOUT THE IGNORANCE OF PEOPLE WHO IS RECOMMENDING THE LIST OF AWARDEES .

OR FEEL HAPPY THAT HIS FAMOUS FANS IR AND ARR GOT THE PADMABHUSHAN

SHAME ON MK (CM), PCHIDAMBARAM (HM) AND OFCOURSE ON US , WHO CANNOT GENERATE , THE AWARENESS .

Venkat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After hearing the news I too felt the same. I am really very much upset.
I opened our site today just because I am very much sure that someone would have written about this.
To my surprise, dear Mr.VK, you have given a hot post in BOLD RED (blood-a denote panramathiri...)

Idhukapuram Master-ku Padma award kodukaamaye irukanumennu naan kadavulai vendikiren...
Either they should honour our Master with Bharat Ratna or better they leave it.
Vatsan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: resp. Reply with quote

I feel cheated, personally. Not that I was expecting anything from these insular and crafty minds. But MSV was a man who was nothing close to being "Award conscious" and we, a few months back created this mild expectation in him in the process of preparing for his recommendation for the award. What makes me sad now is that MSV would certainly feel cheated and deprived of his dues, now. I sincerely pray to the Creator to keep MSV happy and bestow upon him an award that would make the entire machinery of the Central and the State governments and the despicable idiots who lobby, feel like mighty low. Should be something like a Chevalier given to Sivaji Ganesan.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Articles -Padma awards Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Quite some 'deprivation-led agony' appears vivid in the postings under this thread. Understandably, the whole process appears to lack equanimity in the sense - a ritualistic need to hand down a certain number per annum is honoured more than truly honouring the honourable.
Dear Mr. Vatsan,
Please do not get disheartened on the count that the legend would feel cheated. Why I say so is -he has to be better understood. He is one person who has faced systematic sidelining by overt or covert exercises. He is so much evolved that he would never have entertained thoughts of such sensibilities from the powers that be. More so, he is known for his modesty that has truly guarded him from any prospect of enmity with any one. He knows too well that people turn to him for their personal success through their movies or party propaganda and mercilessly drop him from their minds. Long back he has understood the scale of sycophancy if my reading of him is the closest to reality. Though as an MD, his calibre for musical orchestration has just no parallel. in real life he does not believe in orchestrating anything. Honestly, he has had the proximity to all frontline leaders from this state in National politics, besides the veneration he duly enjoyed from his counterparts in Hindi filmdom. None of these things ever got into his head. Other than music, nothing causes a ripple in him.
Let us gladly accept that mortals CANNOT AWARD CREATORS!
Certainly he is too big for any of these fading tinsels.
Thank you all for the opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost everyone who says "I don't care for awards and recognitions" will be a hypocrite. But MSV is an exception. He is one person who has no craving for awards. Is there any other person in the world who is always quick to deny and discount any compliment paid to him? That his songs rule the day even after 50 years is the best award for him.

I think it would have been an insult to him and his rasikaas, if he had been clubbed with IR and ARR and given an award. It would have been like awarding Bharata Ratna to Mahatma Gandhi at the same time it was awarded to MGR.
s ramaswamy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Saw the Padma awards nominations for "art" and found several names who were not familiar to me. Onc again MSV's name, along with that of PBS, is missing from the list.

These awards are conferred on recommendations from the state govt. Has the TN govt. (and over the last three decades only dmk and admk have been occupying the chair) sent MSV's or PBS'S names? It's worth finding out.

Sadly during this three-decade period only those connected with TFM had/have been in the CM's chair of TN. MK, MGR, Jayalalitha and V N Janaki. And yet the names of MSV and PBS have not been recommended, I presume, for the Padma awads. That itself is an indictment on the Tamil Film world. They have forgotten old champions.

I suggest we all recommend MSV's name for the Dadasaheb Phalke award. Perhaps the powers that be would honour him after our application.

I have nothing more to say on this subject/

Ramaswamy
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All

Though , i feel continuous let down by Film fraternity , and chiefministers , who have been immensely.benefited by his tunes , whether MK , MGR. JJ
,there is no use in talking about that , as we know them all these years .

But at the same time ,its time that instead of cursing others ,we should initiate a direct interactions with media and men in power .

a) we should form a committee , who can actively interact + personalities
from various fields to lend the support morally ,. its similar to what YGM suggested (let us congratulate his mother who got padmasri this year )

b) all of us or most of us , should write to the newpapers , individually
let the letters pour to all newpapers , hindu. ie, deccan , times . daily thanthi , dinamalar , dinakaran . all of us can write to all the magazines .

c) let every light music troupe , announce in the middle of the programme , and have the signature campaign, with a note book , for people to sign , so that can be sent atleast next year .

d) we should influence aathavan ,to announce that in the programme Enrum MSV

e) we should make the RJ s to announce ,about the signature campaign request the public to participate .

before we start doing it let us pour any other suggestions , to pool and ACT , AND IMPORTANTLY TO ACT TILL WE GET THE SAME .

ITS NOT TOO LATE NOW FOR NEXT YEAR , LET US NOT CHEAT OURSELVES THAT MSV DOESNOT REQUIRE THAT , ITS US AS RIGHTFULCITIZENS OF INDIA , WANT TO CONFER ,A DESERVING COVERTED CIVILIAN HONOUR TO MOST DESERVING PERSONALITY IN HIS FIELD . hope you all agree with me .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: