"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Missed Recognitions" - One More Important Factor.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raghavankannan
Enthusiant

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

வணக்கம்.

மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பெருமைகளை இளைய தலைமுறைகளுக்கு விளக்கம் அளிக்க எனக்கு ஒரு அரிய வாய்ப்பு நிகழ்ந்ததை தொகுத்து அளிக்க விரும்புகிறேன்.

எனது நண்பரின் மகன் ஒரு சென்னையில் தனியார் பொறியியல் கல்லூரியில் முதலாம் ஆண்டு பொறியியல் படித்து வருகிறான். அவர் விடுமுறையில் திருச்சி வந்த சமயம் என்னுடன் உரையாடிக்கொண்டிருந்தார். அவரது ஐ.பாடில் பிரியாவின் பி.சுசிலாவின் 'டார்லிங் டார்லிங் ஐ லவ் யு' பாடல் ஒலித்தது. அதன் இசையை பற்றி சிலாகித்து கொண்டார். நான் பொறுமையாக அவரிடம் இந்த பாடல் ஒரு ஆங்கில பாடலின் தழுவல் என்றேன். அவர் அது உண்மையா என்றார். ஆம். இந்த தகவல் படம் வெளியானபொழுது இலங்கை வானொலி நிலையம் அங்கில பாடலை ஒலி பரப்பி விளக்கி விட்டது என்றேன். உரையாடலின் நடுவில் இளையராஜாவின் இசையில் நினைத்தாலே இனிக்கும் சூப்பர் என்றார். நான் பொறுமையாக நினைத்தாலே இனிக்கும் படத்தின் இசை எம்.எஸ்.வி என்றேன். அவர் அதிர்ச்சியாகி விட்டார். சிறிது நேரத்திக்குப் பின் அவரிடம் எம்.எஸ்.வியின் பாடல்களை கேட்டிருக்கின்றீரா என்றேன். அவர் இல்லை என்றார். உடனடியாக் அவரது ஐ.பாடில் 1.5 ஜி.பிக்கு எம்.எஸ்.வியின் பழைய பாடல்களை தொகுத்து கொடுத்து கேட்டு பிறகு என்னை சந்திக்க சொன்னேன். மறுநாள் வந்து என்ன அங்கிள் எம்.எஸ்.வியின் எல்லா பாடல்களும் live recordingஆ என்றார். ஆமாம் என்றேன். அவருக்கு பொன்னூஞல் படத்தின் ஆகாய பந்தலிலே பாடலின் தொகுப்பு இசையை கேட்க வைத்தேன். அவர் அது வரை யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜைதான் சிறந்த இசை அமைப்பாளர் என்று முடிவு செய்திருந்தார்.
பிறகு நாட்டுப்புற பாடலின் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் முழு ஆளுமையை விளக்க பாகப்பிரிவினை படத்தின் "தேரோடும்" பாடலையும் "பழனி" படத்தின் "அண்ணாச்சி வேட்டி கட்டு" பாடலையும் கேட்க வைத்தேன். அதன் முடிவு அவர் இன்று ஐ.பாடில் உள்ள மேல் நாட்டு சங்கீதத்தை அழித்து விட்டு மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பாடல்களை பதிவு செய்து கொண்டிருக்கின்றார்.

என்னால் ஒரு இளைஞனுக்கு மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பெருமைகளை விளக்க வாய்ப்பு கிடைத்தமைக்கு மெல்லிசை மன்னருக்கும் அவரது அரிய பொக்கிழமான பாடல்களுக்கும் நன்றியை தெரிவித்துக் கொள்கிறேன்.

அன்புடன்

ராகவன் கண்ணன்
Venugopalan Soundararajan
Philiac

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

நல்ல காரியம் செய்திருக்கிறீர்கள் திரு ராகவன் கண்ணன். மிக்க நன்றி.
Ram
Devotee

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Raghavan Sir,

Great to see someone, especially an youngster getting introduced to MSV!

What you have done is really, great indeed!
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax
Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PADMA AWARDS ANNOUNCED FOR THE YEAR 2010

AS USUAL MASTERS NAME , DOES NOT FIND IN ANY CATAGORY

I REALLY WONDER WHETHER WE SHOULD FEEL SAD ABOUT THE IGNORANCE OF PEOPLE WHO IS RECOMMENDING THE LIST OF AWARDEES .

OR FEEL HAPPY THAT HIS FAMOUS FANS IR AND ARR GOT THE PADMABHUSHAN

SHAME ON MK (CM), PCHIDAMBARAM (HM) AND OFCOURSE ON US , WHO CANNOT GENERATE , THE AWARENESS .

Venkat
Philiac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After hearing the news I too felt the same. I am really very much upset.
I opened our site today just because I am very much sure that someone would have written about this.
To my surprise, dear Mr.VK, you have given a hot post in BOLD RED (blood-a denote panramathiri...)

Idhukapuram Master-ku Padma award kodukaamaye irukanumennu naan kadavulai vendikiren...
Either they should honour our Master with Bharat Ratna or better they leave it.
Vatsan
The Fervent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: resp. Reply with quote

I feel cheated, personally. Not that I was expecting anything from these insular and crafty minds. But MSV was a man who was nothing close to being "Award conscious" and we, a few months back created this mild expectation in him in the process of preparing for his recommendation for the award. What makes me sad now is that MSV would certainly feel cheated and deprived of his dues, now. I sincerely pray to the Creator to keep MSV happy and bestow upon him an award that would make the entire machinery of the Central and the State governments and the despicable idiots who lobby, feel like mighty low. Should be something like a Chevalier given to Sivaji Ganesan.
madhuraman
Devotee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Articles -Padma awards Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Quite some 'deprivation-led agony' appears vivid in the postings under this thread. Understandably, the whole process appears to lack equanimity in the sense - a ritualistic need to hand down a certain number per annum is honoured more than truly honouring the honourable.
Dear Mr. Vatsan,
Please do not get disheartened on the count that the legend would feel cheated. Why I say so is -he has to be better understood. He is one person who has faced systematic sidelining by overt or covert exercises. He is so much evolved that he would never have entertained thoughts of such sensibilities from the powers that be. More so, he is known for his modesty that has truly guarded him from any prospect of enmity with any one. He knows too well that people turn to him for their personal success through their movies or party propaganda and mercilessly drop him from their minds. Long back he has understood the scale of sycophancy if my reading of him is the closest to reality. Though as an MD, his calibre for musical orchestration has just no parallel. in real life he does not believe in orchestrating anything. Honestly, he has had the proximity to all frontline leaders from this state in National politics, besides the veneration he duly enjoyed from his counterparts in Hindi filmdom. None of these things ever got into his head. Other than music, nothing causes a ripple in him.
Let us gladly accept that mortals CANNOT AWARD CREATORS!
Certainly he is too big for any of these fading tinsels.
Thank you all for the opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
parthavi
Philiac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost everyone who says "I don't care for awards and recognitions" will be a hypocrite. But MSV is an exception. He is one person who has no craving for awards. Is there any other person in the world who is always quick to deny and discount any compliment paid to him? That his songs rule the day even after 50 years is the best award for him.

I think it would have been an insult to him and his rasikaas, if he had been clubbed with IR and ARR and given an award. It would have been like awarding Bharata Ratna to Mahatma Gandhi at the same time it was awarded to MGR.
s ramaswamy
Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Saw the Padma awards nominations for "art" and found several names who were not familiar to me. Onc again MSV's name, along with that of PBS, is missing from the list.

These awards are conferred on recommendations from the state govt. Has the TN govt. (and over the last three decades only dmk and admk have been occupying the chair) sent MSV's or PBS'S names? It's worth finding out.

Sadly during this three-decade period only those connected with TFM had/have been in the CM's chair of TN. MK, MGR, Jayalalitha and V N Janaki. And yet the names of MSV and PBS have not been recommended, I presume, for the Padma awads. That itself is an indictment on the Tamil Film world. They have forgotten old champions.

I suggest we all recommend MSV's name for the Dadasaheb Phalke award. Perhaps the powers that be would honour him after our application.

I have nothing more to say on this subject/

Ramaswamy
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax
Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All

Though , i feel continuous let down by Film fraternity , and chiefministers , who have been immensely.benefited by his tunes , whether MK , MGR. JJ
,there is no use in talking about that , as we know them all these years .

But at the same time ,its time that instead of cursing others ,we should initiate a direct interactions with media and men in power .

a) we should form a committee , who can actively interact + personalities
from various fields to lend the support morally ,. its similar to what YGM suggested (let us congratulate his mother who got padmasri this year )

b) all of us or most of us , should write to the newpapers , individually
let the letters pour to all newpapers , hindu. ie, deccan , times . daily thanthi , dinamalar , dinakaran . all of us can write to all the magazines .

c) let every light music troupe , announce in the middle of the programme , and have the signature campaign, with a note book , for people to sign , so that can be sent atleast next year .

d) we should influence aathavan ,to announce that in the programme Enrum MSV

e) we should make the RJ s to announce ,about the signature campaign request the public to participate .

before we start doing it let us pour any other suggestions , to pool and ACT , AND IMPORTANTLY TO ACT TILL WE GET THE SAME .

ITS NOT TOO LATE NOW FOR NEXT YEAR , LET US NOT CHEAT OURSELVES THAT MSV DOESNOT REQUIRE THAT , ITS US AS RIGHTFULCITIZENS OF INDIA , WANT TO CONFER ,A DESERVING COVERTED CIVILIAN HONOUR TO MOST DESERVING PERSONALITY IN HIS FIELD . hope you all agree with me .
Baskar CS
Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

its a sad moment in life .but we have to see this with clarity and find what made us to miss it

the fact is we did not compete at all and the language i mean will definitely be understood by our members

let us not lobby for any award ,conduct a meeting or do anything after all this and at this stage asking for that or bringing that to the attention of the the powers that be is an exericse

the best action at time is keep quiet and that is the best reaction to those who know what they have done and what they have not done.
N Y MURALI
Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,
The real problems for MSV not got Padma Awards earlier are
1. MSV is at fault of not choosing the place of his birth. If he would have chosen the place of birth by a few 100 kms east of Palakkad it would have been Tamilnadu and he could have bocome a Tamilian atleast by the place of birth.

2. MSV is at fault for maintaining very close relationship with Kaviyarasu KD who basically is anty dravidian parties.

I feel there can be only one way. Like the Nobel Peace committee giving explanation every year of not giving Nobel Prize for Mahatma Gandhi, we must create an awareness to the public about the values of MSV's songs.

One of the method is to start a Light Music Sabha in his name create a membership, conduct programme at least once in 2 months, tell valuse of each song and then play the songs. By means of this enhance the sabha membership and then with the help of helpful media for our cause ensure that the committe/government etc give an explanation of why they have not selected him. This has to happen like what happend to the Mahatma for Nobell prize. It may take many years but let us do this.

N Y MURALI
vaidymsv
Philiac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: INSPIRING VIEWS! Reply with quote

Hi Everybody,

The ritual of awarding someone irrespective of their achievements has just got over under the guise of 60th Republic day celebrations of our great demo(n)cracy!!! We tried our best to drive some sense into the minds of the "Powers that be", but alas- our efforts went awry for reasons best known to the then President of India.

When I came to know that it is this magical word "politics" that shrouds the ceremony, my heart wept and said enough is enough. Here's a Legend unparalleled in every music sense, a man who has been a trendsetter to many in every way lies absolutely calm and undisturbed in spite of the Oscars and Padma Bhushans that many chose to buy and not "receive"!!! Lets look at the entire episode this way - Do we want this Musical Phenomenon to lie next to all these so called winners / buyers? No, not at all. In my opinion, this is the best thing that happended to our Legend. He still occupies his "NUMERO UNO" with out any of this suffixes that these awardees will call themselves from now on. This is our MSV who is above all these and lets remember the fact that these awards are a farce considering the kind of dirty politics associated with it. It burns me out to say that the least the Central Government requires is the "recommendations" from 2 of the ruling MP's from the State from where the candidate hails! Shame indeed.

The Sangeetha Trinities were never honoured. Let's make a pedestal for this Greatest Musical Phenomenon of this Millennium and make him the fourth in this list. No one needs to honour/recognise this man, for his creations have already conquered all our hearts and his name etched in our memory. Nothing could be more indelible than this. Personally, I do not even recognise these rituals which are unfortunately available for a song (read - bad songs)!!! Now is the time to think big. Yes, we must unite and create an awareness amongst the right thinking people to Institute the highest award for the best music director in the name of Shri. MSV. I think this will only be the ultimate reverence the film industry could pay and ensure that the gross injustice done for decades together to this Legend is set right.

LONG LIVE SHRI. SHRI. MSV!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC

VAIDY

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax
Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all
i am just quoting a few more feelings expressed in our email

MURALI
Off: KARNATAKA BANK LIMITEd
--- On Wed, 27/1/10, Kaviri <kavirimaindhan@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re:
To: "anand basker" <21.anand@gmail.com>
Cc: "murali venugopalan" <muralidgv60@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Wednesday, 27 January, 2010, 3:31 PM

Dear Anand,

Good.. Thanks for sending the introductory mail to me. I fully endorse your views and expressing the same sentiments. You might be knowing about a MSV website and one Mr. Ramakrishnan working as General Manage in TAFE, Utthamar Gandhi Road, Chennai 600 006 is leading the same. We need to organize a written memorandum on this to all concerned like the Hon'ble Chief Minister, Deputy Chief Minister, Kanimozhi, Azhagiri, P. Chidambaram, and so on. Let the same be started. You and Mr. Murali - take the initiative. I will certainly guide - how to move the coin..

Before that please furnish your details including background, family details, current position, areas of interest etc., through email and I am furnishing below my contact details for your reference.

By the by, I could forward herewith a PDF format containing - giving a brief about myself.
Please revert with your feedback.

With Regards,

--
M. RAVICHANDRAN
SECRETARY
ASCON ADNOC PROJECTS
RUWAIS
ABU DHABI
Mobile: 050 2519693
Ph: 02 8763273

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:36 PM, anand basker <21.anand@gmail.com> wrote:

hello

let me introduce myself.M name is B.Anand and i am proud to say i am

one of the millions of M S V fans and also i am friend of mr.Murali

Venugopalan.This year Padma sri and Padmabhushan award list is

disappointing-one legend's name is missing and i dont have to tell

the name of the legend.Why sir?What is the yardstick for such

awards?Very painful when i feel a legend with nearly 6 decades movie

experience and hailed as one the greatest by none other than lateNaushad

Ali is not chosen for any recognition.Does it mean he is not as good as

ILAYARAJA or A R REHMAN? I STRONGLY FEEL MSV FORUM MUST HI

LIGHT THIS.

THANK YOU AND BYE

B ANAND

unquote .
Baskar CS
Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

i am down with no energy after the disappointment news and it has been going for almost a week .may be some members feel like this
vaidy and ramki sir please listen and arrange a simple meeting at beach .
lets all get energised soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: