"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Missed Recognitions" - One More Important Factor.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

its a sad moment in life .but we have to see this with clarity and find what made us to miss it

the fact is we did not compete at all and the language i mean will definitely be understood by our members

let us not lobby for any award ,conduct a meeting or do anything after all this and at this stage asking for that or bringing that to the attention of the the powers that be is an exericse

the best action at time is keep quiet and that is the best reaction to those who know what they have done and what they have not done.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,
The real problems for MSV not got Padma Awards earlier are
1. MSV is at fault of not choosing the place of his birth. If he would have chosen the place of birth by a few 100 kms east of Palakkad it would have been Tamilnadu and he could have bocome a Tamilian atleast by the place of birth.

2. MSV is at fault for maintaining very close relationship with Kaviyarasu KD who basically is anty dravidian parties.

I feel there can be only one way. Like the Nobel Peace committee giving explanation every year of not giving Nobel Prize for Mahatma Gandhi, we must create an awareness to the public about the values of MSV's songs.

One of the method is to start a Light Music Sabha in his name create a membership, conduct programme at least once in 2 months, tell valuse of each song and then play the songs. By means of this enhance the sabha membership and then with the help of helpful media for our cause ensure that the committe/government etc give an explanation of why they have not selected him. This has to happen like what happend to the Mahatma for Nobell prize. It may take many years but let us do this.

N Y MURALI
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: INSPIRING VIEWS! Reply with quote

Hi Everybody,

The ritual of awarding someone irrespective of their achievements has just got over under the guise of 60th Republic day celebrations of our great demo(n)cracy!!! We tried our best to drive some sense into the minds of the "Powers that be", but alas- our efforts went awry for reasons best known to the then President of India.

When I came to know that it is this magical word "politics" that shrouds the ceremony, my heart wept and said enough is enough. Here's a Legend unparalleled in every music sense, a man who has been a trendsetter to many in every way lies absolutely calm and undisturbed in spite of the Oscars and Padma Bhushans that many chose to buy and not "receive"!!! Lets look at the entire episode this way - Do we want this Musical Phenomenon to lie next to all these so called winners / buyers? No, not at all. In my opinion, this is the best thing that happended to our Legend. He still occupies his "NUMERO UNO" with out any of this suffixes that these awardees will call themselves from now on. This is our MSV who is above all these and lets remember the fact that these awards are a farce considering the kind of dirty politics associated with it. It burns me out to say that the least the Central Government requires is the "recommendations" from 2 of the ruling MP's from the State from where the candidate hails! Shame indeed.

The Sangeetha Trinities were never honoured. Let's make a pedestal for this Greatest Musical Phenomenon of this Millennium and make him the fourth in this list. No one needs to honour/recognise this man, for his creations have already conquered all our hearts and his name etched in our memory. Nothing could be more indelible than this. Personally, I do not even recognise these rituals which are unfortunately available for a song (read - bad songs)!!! Now is the time to think big. Yes, we must unite and create an awareness amongst the right thinking people to Institute the highest award for the best music director in the name of Shri. MSV. I think this will only be the ultimate reverence the film industry could pay and ensure that the gross injustice done for decades together to this Legend is set right.

LONG LIVE SHRI. SHRI. MSV!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC

VAIDY

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all
i am just quoting a few more feelings expressed in our email

MURALI
Off: KARNATAKA BANK LIMITEd
--- On Wed, 27/1/10, Kaviri <kavirimaindhan@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re:
To: "anand basker" <21.anand@gmail.com>
Cc: "murali venugopalan" <muralidgv60@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Wednesday, 27 January, 2010, 3:31 PM

Dear Anand,

Good.. Thanks for sending the introductory mail to me. I fully endorse your views and expressing the same sentiments. You might be knowing about a MSV website and one Mr. Ramakrishnan working as General Manage in TAFE, Utthamar Gandhi Road, Chennai 600 006 is leading the same. We need to organize a written memorandum on this to all concerned like the Hon'ble Chief Minister, Deputy Chief Minister, Kanimozhi, Azhagiri, P. Chidambaram, and so on. Let the same be started. You and Mr. Murali - take the initiative. I will certainly guide - how to move the coin..

Before that please furnish your details including background, family details, current position, areas of interest etc., through email and I am furnishing below my contact details for your reference.

By the by, I could forward herewith a PDF format containing - giving a brief about myself.
Please revert with your feedback.

With Regards,

--
M. RAVICHANDRAN
SECRETARY
ASCON ADNOC PROJECTS
RUWAIS
ABU DHABI
Mobile: 050 2519693
Ph: 02 8763273

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:36 PM, anand basker <21.anand@gmail.com> wrote:

hello

let me introduce myself.M name is B.Anand and i am proud to say i am

one of the millions of M S V fans and also i am friend of mr.Murali

Venugopalan.This year Padma sri and Padmabhushan award list is

disappointing-one legend's name is missing and i dont have to tell

the name of the legend.Why sir?What is the yardstick for such

awards?Very painful when i feel a legend with nearly 6 decades movie

experience and hailed as one the greatest by none other than lateNaushad

Ali is not chosen for any recognition.Does it mean he is not as good as

ILAYARAJA or A R REHMAN? I STRONGLY FEEL MSV FORUM MUST HI

LIGHT THIS.

THANK YOU AND BYE

B ANAND

unquote .
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

i am down with no energy after the disappointment news and it has been going for almost a week .may be some members feel like this
vaidy and ramki sir please listen and arrange a simple meeting at beach .
lets all get energised soon
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i partially agree with vaithy .
on institution of award in MSV's name - yes we should aim at that .probably tamil nadu govt can give award to music directors in his name to start with , as they have SHIVAJI AWARD/MGR AWARD .

re no award to him - his name will be for ever enriched by such awards . the future generation beyond us , our sons , and may be grand sons may know about the master , but .generations beyond that , may rely on the info aval in net , and such info could be ornamented with decent awards ofcourse , not padmashri .....

let us work towards both
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In today’s TOI, there was an article on Padma Awards: Anger & dismay on being ignored.

1. Rajya Sabha MP’s name (Rajeev Chandrasekhar for Padma Bhushan ) struck off on PM’s advice. Written a letter of protest to PM Manmohan Singh.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/I-shouldve-become-a-hotelier-to-get-Padma/articleshow/5518221.cms

2. Miffed at being ignored for the Padma Shri award – Yasin Merchant (Snooker Player). Written an emotional letter to AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/snooker/billiards/Yasin-Merchant-writes-to-Rahul-Gandhi-after-Padma-Shri-snub/articleshow/5517108.cms

Has anyone from the Tamil film industry written any letter to the PM on behalf of Shri.MSV.

We have to think about it.

What, the TN Govt going to do about this.

"i partially agree with vaithy .
on institution of award in MSV's name - yes we should aim at that .probably tamil nadu govt can give award to music directors in his name to start with , as they have SHIVAJI AWARD/MGR AWARD .
"

I have already posted a similar opinion long back:
Please refer this link:
http://www.msvtimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7665&highlight=award+goes#7665

Either the Indian Govt. should give him Padma Vibhushan or Bharath Ratna.
Otherwise better they leave it and atleast let the TN Govt, create a new award in the name of Sangeetha Saraswathi Shri.M.S.Viswanathan and give it to musicians/singers/whoever associated with music every year.

This is the only justice they can make.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more mail in our email system

Date: Sunday, 31 January, 2010, 11:20 PM

Dear Friends,

While I share your sentiments on not awarding the Padma award to our MSV,I would like to
Caption this as

"Padma awards DEPRIVED of MSV this year also!"

Let us remember THAT the Nobel Prize for peace was not fortunate enough to get our Mahatma Gandhi
The Best Actor National award did not get our Shivaji Ganesan,
Padma award missed the legend Nagesh so on and so forth.

The awards are decided by a panel of max six persons whereas six crore Tamilians have already awarded them with a
Immovable seat in their hearts.

Just a song in the movie Karnan deserve all the awards in this world.

These legends are themselves,the awards from the God to the mankind.They need no awards from us

யாரை எங்கே வைப்பது என்று யாருக்கும் தெரியலே!
அட அண்டங் காக்கைக்கும் குயில்களுக்கும் பேதம் புரியலே பேதம் புரியலே!!

Best regards,
Ganesh
unquote
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS TO YAHOO NEWS

AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE ANY COMMENT

RAM , JESUS , ALLAH --
TO WHOMSOEVR IT MAY COCERN
PLS SAVE THIS COUNTRY

This year's list of Padma awardees includes a surrendered Kashmiri militant and counter-insurgent against whom cases of extortion and attempted murder are pending. The man, Ghulam Mohammed Mir, has been honoured with a Padma Shri for public service. He runs a band-saw business in his native Magam in central Kashmir's Budgam district, and is widely known by the nickname Muma Kana.

The Jammu and Kashmir government took several days to trace the awardee. Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said he did not think that his government had recommended Mir for the Padma.

"I don't remember recommending his name," Omar told The Indian Express. "At times, there are individual recommendations or the Government of India checks the credentials of a prospective awardee directly. I will check tomorrow," the Chief Minister said.

Mir has been a known counter-insurgent who ran an illegal private militia in central Kashmir after surrendering before the security forces. Sources in the police said he was considered a major asset for the security establishment during the peak years of militancy, alongside counter-insurgents like Kuka Parray, Javaid Shah and Naba Azad.

Express news service

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: FEED BACK Reply with quote

Dear All,

I do not know how many of us read the news today - The Madras High Court has dismissed a PIL relating to Padma Awards on the grounds that the issue has to be directly taken with the people associated with it. In other words the Union Government and the officials who prepared the list. So the best would be to stay away from this mess if at all anyone had the idea of taking it up legally. AND IS THIS THE WAY OUR LEGEND NEEDS TO GET THE AWARD / RECOGNITION???????? You are all the best judge to deliver the right judgement.

Thank you Mr. Shankar for your kind words. The issue in the interest of everyone and in particular Shri. MSV must be left alone. After all, we have many more of HIS creations to take us into another world that will have none of these material awards and HIS music and US will only be there to cherish every moment. Let's live those moments to our heart's content!!!!!

Can any of these so called Oscars / Padmas ever come near that???????

MSV IS MUSIC

VAIDY

parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Padma awards were abolished by the Janata party government in 1977 on the ground that these awards were not based on merit but pure political expediency. The awards were restored by the Congress Government that succeeded the Janata Government. We have the word of a Government that Padma awards are not based on merit. Period.

Regading Jaya Ho, a few months back, this song was played during Dindukkal Leoni's debate cum musical show in Vijay TV. (I don't recall the name of the program.) The way they sung the song intrigued me. They sang like this:

azhagukkum malarukkum jaadhi illai, Jaya Ho!

I have not heard this song consciously. Someone with a musical bent of mind can study the song and check whether Jaya Ho was inspired by azhagukkum malarukkum.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Well. Knowing well about MSV I agree that he may not be liked to be get dragged in to a controversy of PIL etc.

But at the same time we should remember one thing. The awards given to some of the people this year and previous years could be controversial. But that does not mean all those who received have no worth. There are good examples like Lata Mangeshkar, P suseela, SPB, Kamal etc to name a few from film field.

So just to have the excuse that these awards are always influenced is to hide our ineffectiveness to convince the required people. Well. People may argue that how could a central government agency like Padma committee could not have known a person like MSV. But the truth is that even today many North Indians including the media are not even able to spell the name of our cities/towns properly. When such is the status it is our duty to explain them our credentials. Even after that if the committee says he is not worth the award then we can conclude that the committee is completely biased and corrupt.

So the fundamental fault is that MSV's credentials has not been explained by the TN GOVT who can offer no excuses for that.

Read the history properly and you will know the politics behind this.
MGR has been given Padmashri during early 60s and he refused to accept the same citing the reason that the award is written in devanagiri script and it was the time of Hindi agitation. After that MGR was not given any Padma awards until he was given the highest award Bharat Ratna after his death. So MGR has not been given any Padma award during his life time. The irony is that the Bharat Ratna award is written in Devanagiri Script only. So it goes without saying that many film personnel who deserved these titles could not have been recommended especially after 1967 when there was no more congress governments.

But all these changed 180 degress after 1980 when congress always associates with any of the dravidiyan parties. It was during this period that
MSV's credentials should have been made known to the committee. But by that time MSV was not as important as he was during the early years.
He also would have been the last person to ask for influence in such matters.

The other important reason why MSV was ignored is that MSV never ever gets associated with any political parties though he knows and is known by all those political leaders.

The third important reason is he is so close to Kannadasan and any body close to kannadasan could not have imagined to get such kind of recommedation for awards. You want know more about this read Kannadasan's Political biography 'Vanavaasam' and 'Manavasam'.

Now MSV is 80 plus in age and it is understandable to say that he wants to lead a non controversial time. Agreed. But that may apply for an association like msv.com which is 3 years young which has many valuable contributors.

I suggested 3 points.

1. Take up a Public Interest Litigation against the Padma committee.

Now this is ruled out as the case has been dismissed by Madras High Court.

2. Take up this issue through a national channel and see the poosibility of having a debate in the news hour or any other programme where you would be able to explain the credentials of MSV and ensure through the media and force the concerned authorities like Padma committe/Other government agencies to explain how they omitted his name. We are not begging for an award but are asking the explanation from the people concerned and let them say they are not biased.

There are some issues in this. MSV may not like an association like msvtimes.com to get him in to controversy. Fine. Then do not use this forum. Let us form a specific group to do this and let msvtimes.com does a moral support.

3. Conduct Music programmes once in 2 months/once a month as financially possible and viable, explain the naunces of MSV's music to the puplic. I have already initiated action on this to conduct the first programme on 14.04.10 on Tamil New years day to explain how MSV contributed to the values of Tamil language. I shall share with you as to what would be the cost and interest persons can participate in that music yagna.

Finally I want to mention about how I looked at msvtimes.com when I came to know first. I felt this is one of the best forum in which I could release, refresh, relearn, review about my perception of MSV's music.
The fundamental expectation is that these values should be made to reach all the people who loves music and it is for them to accept or reject. But I am also confident that they cannot reject because is that power of his music.

So expecting in line with this I feel there is nothing wrong in taking up the issue through the media as well as conduct music programmes regularly.

But instead if we are going to stay away from enlightening the truth then
leave it.

Regrds,

N Y MURALI
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Murali,

First of all my commendations and congratulations on your plan of action to spread the glory of MSV through light music programs. You are following the dictum 'It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.' My best wishes to you for great success in your efforts. It is my suggestion that you can request people like Nathan, who recently paid a tribute to MSV through his Saxaphone concert, to work on the same lines. May God be with you in your noble endeauvour.

There can be endless arguments on the awards issue. In my humble opinion, Congress and Dravidian politics might have had nothing to do with this. Viswanathan Ramamurthy reached their peak in the early 60's. They have also attracted the attention of what is now called Bollywood , by that time. We had a Congress government in Tamilnadu (Madras State, at that time) and Mr. Kamaraj was the all India president of Congress. But the Congress government did not do anything. Of course, at that time, North Indians had nothing but contempt for the 'Madrasis' (the situation is not much different now, except that the North is forced to accept the South because of political compulsions.)

MGR got his Padmasri only because of the DMK's influence. That he used this award to score some political points by playing up the language issue is a different issue. Rajinikant got Padma Bhushan only because of the recommendation from MK (and possibly Mr. Mooppanar), while even Sivaji and Kamal were awarded only Padmasri. Now IR has got Padma Vibhushan along with ARR, probably because of his closeness to MK.

It is well known that the Padma awards are given mainly on the recommendation of the state governments (though the Central Govt. may not accept all recommendations and may also choose to award to people of their own choosing.) In my opinion, both Anna and MK had let down MSV, after engaging his services for composing music for Tamil Thaai Vaazhththu. Even in the 70's, MSV was Mk's choice for composing music for his son Mk Muthu's films and for his own production under the banner of Mekala Pictures. But he had never considered it necessary to propose MSV for a national award, though he was in power 1976.

About MGR, the less said, the better. But for his songs immortalized by MSV's music, MGR could not have achieved the political status he reached. He was using MSV till his last film Madhraiyai Meettiya Sundara Pandiyan. But he ignored MSV, all the same.

J of course was too busy with her own agenda and had no time to think of poor souls like MSV!

I don't think that MSV's association with Kannadasan would have been a factor. Kannadasan himself was made Asthna Kavinjar, by MGR. This was a post created for the first time. Again MGR might have wanted to reward people like Pulamaippiththan, who succeeded Kavinjar and probably wanted to give it first to Kavignar, to make it appear non-controversial in the beginning.

Leave alone the Central Government. MSV has not got recognition at the state level also. It is mentioned that he got the Kalaimaamani award but I am not sure. Anyway, Kalaimamani awards are given to even little known actors and other artists and cannot be considered worthy.

The only conclusion possible is that MSV was not considered by people who could not have ignored him, probably because he had never cared for much less canvassed for any recognition.The sad fact is his admirers in powerful positions in the sixties, seventies and eighties have also not bothered to seek recognition for him.

This is a collective failure of several people.

History will not forgive them.

And History will not forget MSV.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR ALL

i am getting , though i really donot wish .

though , i understand point of view of a few , who donot want to work for the award ., i am one ,who thinks that we should make our efforts , for the same , not because of any thing , because the awards are, one of the ways , to recognise the services , and its our duty to do .

i do agree , some of the awards might have lost value, but a few , still have prestige attached to them . so let us try, whatever way its possible

the ways we are thinking of

a) give memorandum to MK ( whether we like it or , he is in the place to recommend
b) give memorandum to PC - probably , we can rope in Mr. lakshman
chettiar , who has high regards to MSV .
c) remind mr thangabalu , who has been filling up his tv channel , with his music , and programme most of the times .that he has been using up the best composer for nothing , and let him work on this .
d) we can try what all the ways murali is also suggesting .

dear SRS - may be you are right , but all along i have been stoic ,but my helplessness in not seeing his name in the list , when many insignificant names appear , really boils me .
ragasuda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
After quite a long gap, I am happy to resume (may be annoying!) my postings which was due to my shifting of residence to Chennai city and a delay in getting internet connection.
Almost the views of all under this thread is acceptable to me. As Mr. Murali said along with recommended awardees, there are also a few who have been duly acknowledged. So we can not totally rule out. There are many reasons for our MM not being honored by the governments. Many may not be aware that it was NT who was at the receiving end when coming to such awards. The only award that came automatically was before 1967 - Padmasri. There was much hue and cry in the NORTH who were haste about Madrasis - and a Superstar of Hindi film industry competed for Padmabhushan when NT's name was dragged. NT pleaded not to drag his name for any awards and he was keen on his career. It was also rumored that his name was hastily endorsed by local bigwigs concerned. He was never considered for Best Actor award. He like our MM, least bothered about these awards but concerned only about reception among the fans and public.
All this statement is not for glorifying NT here but only to bring out the situation that was prevalent then.

Even the film Rickshawkaran which fetched Bharath award for MGR, should have got Best MD for MM . Why did not it happen?

Engal Thangam, Pillaiyo Pillai, Pookkaari every film had MM as MD. Till then MSV was not considred or recommended.

If for argument sake, he was rejected on the basis of his nativitity, then it is also ruled out. Because his unparallelled achievements came more from Tamil Nadu and he still is a member among Tamil family.

Then what is the reasson?

OK. Let's leave the past.

We shall look forward.

As I said elsewhere, let us make the beginning, instead of finding other reasons.

WE SHALL IMMEDIATELY CONSTITUTE AN AWARD IN OUR MM'S NAME AND HONOR SELECTED PERFORMER OF CURRENT GENERATION WHO FOLLOWS MSV'S LEGACY.

Let's make a beginning. Let Murali's Academy pave the way and lay down guidelines.

And it would make the authorities look upon MSV to honor him with BHARATH RATHNA.

Raghavendran
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: