"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sridhar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Hi, I am a big fan and wanted to introduce myself. Great site and great work. I talked to Ram at length here. will share my thoughts on the music that continues to sustain me. great to read every one's thoughts and get transported back in time. Ram mentioned about a Grand Concert, great idea. look forward to it. thx

Sridhar
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Welcome Sridhar Reply with quote

Dear Sridhar,

A warm welcome to our only world of MSV music! Good to know you thro' Ram. We expect a lot of postings from you and please continue to contribute. Regarding the concert we have already started working on it and you can get updated regularly thro' Ram. A warm welcome once again.

MSV SCORES FOREVER
CHEERS
VAIDY
co-moderator msvtimes.com
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Welcome dear Sridhar!!! Reply with quote

Dear Sridhar,

Hearty welcome to the MSV Family, the Elite "MSV Club" !!!

Unable to await to see your articles and posts on the Legend Composer, M.S.Viswanathan !!!

Welcome, again !!!
sridhar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi every one, Vaidy and Ram, thx for the welcome. I may be little sproadic in my postings, so bear with me, these are few random thoughts about my man MSV:

First little introduction. I live in Short Hills, USA, daughter is 10, son is 7. I am a partner in a Wall Street firm, we buy and sell companies.

Growing up in late 60s and early 70s, it was MSV's music that I grew up with, I like all kinds of music and I like contemporary music and musicians, but it is MSV that tugs my heart and cheers me up on my downdays.

It was an absolute revelation when my then 5 yr old daughter who had no introduction to tamil music, listened to Anbe Vaa songs, and within the next 2 days without any prompting, was able to sing them back, she is a fan, the power of MSV music after 40 years

Few snippets what that I have heard from others:

Vennira Adai - Kannan Ennum mannan perai...Director sridhar mentioned that the team went to Delhi for a function and went to see President Radhakrishnan who said that he is a fan of MSV and asked for a song. It was an impromptu session, and they performed this song in front of him which he was absolutely thrilled. I remember seeing the picture of it, MSV in his suit squatting with his harmonium, Jayalalitha dancing and Sridhar and the president watching, a calssic..this is one of my alltime favorites

Server Sundaram - Avalukkena... another classic. AVM saravanan said when they decided to show the recording behind the scenes, it was controversial since lot of people felt that would compromise the secrecy factor of making of a song. AVM said we need to show it, he then told MSV to wear a suit, MSV never records in a suit, but decided to do as told. Interesting contrast of MSV in a suit conducting and TMS in his natural South Indian attire, both the song and the scene is precious.

Andha 7 Naatkal - Gem of songs, MSV sort of proving to every one he still had it in the early 80s. Bagyaraj originally had his character as a Tamilian from madras, then he observed MSV in frentic action during the recording of the first song, the charcter Palakkatu Mahavan was born, he said MSV was his inspiration for the character. shows the master transcends and inspires.

I would venture to say MSV made careers of many actors starting with MGR and Sivaji and of many directors and producers, not to mention lyricists. I have read some of your heartfelt observations about lack of recognition in some ways , while that is true, I am personally very happy to see fellow fans share their passion and love for him and his music.

one thought I have and I dont know how practical that is, is to take a leaf from American Idol show which is a great here. They have showcased the master musicians and singers of yesteryears, Tony Bennett, Barry Manilow, Diana Ross to name a few. They train the contestants in a given week, their songs are performed and they themselves perform, great way for the young generation to know and appreciate them and their songs. Don't know if there is an equivalent hit show in India, but how great would it be if our master is showcased that way.

This was a quick note, have to run, will share more thoughts later. This is a great site and great forum, keep up the good work.
msvramki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sridhar

Nice writeup and you should continue writing with your inputs on how our Master has influenced you through your life.

I am Ramki, one of the Coreteam members of the site and Ram, the Moderator of the site is my son.

The affinity of the Forum members , as you could see, towards MSV is extraordinary and they will do anything for him and this is basically because all his songs ( I would say - only his songs, as far as we are concerned) mesmerised all of us all these years .

Your idea to bring him to a show like that either in the US or here will be fantastic. TV shows here are highly polluted, if I could say that, runs only with commercial focus and have intention to project stalwards like MSV who had literally defined 'Mellisai' for the rest to follow.

Pl come out with your views on how this show could be organised. We are in constant touch with MSV, meet him frequently and making him
participate may not be a problem.

You can even think of having some live shows in the US demonstrating his spantaneous ability to tune a song just like that - it is ofcourse only Saraswathi Kataksham. This genertion should know that.

I am the CIO of TAFE, second largest Tractor Manufacturers in the country.

Pl keep writing

Regards
Ramki

Ram

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sridhar,

That was a great write-up. Awaiting many more interesting articles from you. We will definitely try to make the live concert of MSV happen!
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Sridhar,
Hearty Welcome to MSVtimes. Great to read the interesting news you have mentioned about "Kanna ennum Mannan perai", "Avallukkenna Azhagiya Mugam". Entha tsunamiyilum azhikka mudiyatha padalgal.

I remember, it was not Palakattu Madhavan which was born after seeing MSV. It was a new famous character "GOPI", the sweet and smart assistant boy of Bhagyaraj, which was born in the movie. Bhagyaraj had seen during song discussions some interesting conversations- between MSV and one of his assistants. There were lot of interesting things in the conversation for a creator to pick and bring them in visual in his film.

P. Sankar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: