"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOOKING BACK - 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: LOOKING BACK - 2 Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
With Mr.Ragadsudha's suggestion, the ambit includes the period between 1964 -1966 and around. In effect this means that the calendar is not a rigid fixation, permitting greater freedom for us to dwell on items that lend the right credence to the line of arguments. As a corollory, a visit to the FILMOGRAPHY section of our website reveals about 30 films in the period chosen [1964-66] and we have to reckon some more number to complete the items listed in my piece no I, under the same title.
Necessarily, I am no expert on all the movies listed. In fact, I intend looking at all gross values that rendered strength to a chosen movie. So to say, the discussion would revolve round key aspects of treatment, song placements, lyric-music ensemble and the technical support from editing, Cinematography and Directorial touches.
In the process, we would be according due weight to the roles of MDs and Directors who have conceived the mechanics of exercising hold on the audience.
Since, some 30 odd movies form the crux, it may not just be possible for one individual to do justice. The issue gets complicated with the need for absolute authenticity, so that we stay objective right through.
I invite participation from our friends, to make the exercise truly collective. The spirit is to make the best use of information / analytical approaches with our friends. So any one wishing to add a specific dimension is at liberty to open a new thread with a new number [say looking back -5 or 6 or whatever] wherein responses may be just under the right thread. This way different threads may be operated simultaneously under the common head. If it happens so, certainly there would be a new kind of vibration, providing impetus to readers and writers alike. We are still in the process of identifying critical spots for discussion, providing everyone the time to consolidate our perceptions towards this effort.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: