"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"K nEramillai" recalled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: "K nEramillai" recalled Reply with quote

DEAR FRIENDS,
Thanks to the suggestion that friends need time to deeply study items to respond, I have stopped making rapid entries. Yet, the present effort was impelled by last night's 'kofee with Anu' programme of Vijay TV [01-08-20]. The episode had Mr.Ravichandran and Ms Rajasree as guests.
Most questions and pieces of nostalgia centered around the movie "kAdhalikka nEramillai" of 1964, that being the movie which catapulted the two artistes into fame from near oblivion.
The most comforting part of the whole episode was the very high esteem held for Sridhar by them . Every now and then they referred to Sridhar's calibre in conceptualizing the process of movie-making.
As per Rajsree's narration, she began her role in the movie with the song 'anubhavam pudhumai' shot independently for her and Ravichandran and edited to appear in continuity.
At the time of the event Mr.Ravichandran was not familiar with car driving and Sridhar asked him to drive the car. [Probably both were emboldened by the then vintage car in that movie].
Songs - 'Viswanathan velai venum' [kn] and 'thuLLuvadho iLamai' [k i k] were played drawing out the nostalgia from the artistes. Both were full of praise for the two numbers and Mr RC narrated that he had no training in dance and just repeated the suggestions of choreographer and Director.
Mr RC went into a deep memory lane at the playing of song 'nALAm nALAm' and was visibly emotional even as he said a song recorded in 1963 stays powerful after 47 years. He also spoke high of the picturisation that drew applause in theatres.
Rajasree said, she paid her last respects to Sreedhar despite her son's wedding slated for celebration just a couple of weeks away.

So, there are people with a sense of loyalty to mentors.

Thanks for the opportunity. K.Raman Madurai.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very true prof . i enjoyed that reverence and it is so nice that they still feel that they have achieved it because of cvs .

though RC was not so clear my be i have a bad idiot box he could have spoken more and i feel RC is so contented and relaxed

great people
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actress was present during the Amudha gaanam 1000 show, and was called on the stage and felicitated. Obviously, as a mark of respect for MM, I feel. The telecast was on TV this evening, and I could see some portions of it.
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: