"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LIGHT MUSIC PROGRAMMES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: LIGHT MUSIC PROGRAMMES Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
I am giving below a link which appeared in 'THE HINDU' regarding the above subject which is very interesting.

Please share your thoughts.

The link is

http://www.hindu.com/2011/01/14/stories/2011011462360200.htm

Regards,

N Y MURALI
parthavi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Murali,

When I first read this news item I was a bit surprised because I had observed that it was MSV who had been using multiple layers of instruments and I have often found that music troupes were unable to reproduce the nuances of orchestral blend so intricately constructed by MSV. I thought reproducing the current songs should be easy.

Perhaps the problem with current compositions is that the MDs produce too many sound patterns using the computer to create an effect that they couldn't using their composing ability.

To use an analogy, the different layers we can sense in MSV's songs aresimilar to a number of streams joining a river (they are aptly called 'tributaries' as they enrich the main river. The layers of music that blend with the main song are also tributaries to the song.) In fact, we can "see" different streams from various instruments beginning, usually after a lag, flowing together harmoniously and blending with the main flow or just terminating at the point of the beginning of the vocal rendition, without our even realizing it. The layers which the current songs have are similar to a turbulence of different ingredients in a mixer or blender, each trying to subdue the other resulting in confusion to the music troupes and cacophony to the listeners.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: