"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KD- MSV Songs of like-gender pair- Female

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: KD- MSV Songs of like-gender pair- Female Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
I have taken a vow to make at least one posting a day except when it is not possible due to some outdoor work. So, today I intend making a short posting fully aware that, the list is just a small piece. Still it is worth the attempt in locating yet another nuance of the duo under consideration.
The genre of songs with a pair of singers of the same gender was more common in the golden era of TFM when the then screenplay offered this scope. With the duo ruling high, quite some numbers of this version were made and slowly this culture faded as in those times, songs were allotted to only the lead artistes. Yet, it gave a right facility to convey some aspect of the story. I just make a beginning [as usual] with fond hopes of our friends coming out with more.

'thoodhu solla oru thOzhi illai ena' '' pachchai viLakku'' PS LRE

A song that carries all the poetic value of Tamil epics, with references to ornament, 'megalai' , 'kOvalan' and so on. MSV has laid out a tune that fits the two characters of 'thalaivi' and 'thOzhi'. Slow emotive singing of ah ah ha ha rendered a value fitting the song.

'vAdiyamma vAdi vandAttam vAdi' ''paNakkAra kudumbam'' PS, LRE

A pioneering and unique number devoted to kabbadi, where two girl teams contest. Kavignar has decorated the situation with references to Kaveri of TN and Karnataka as an element for contest. MSV set a new trend in this number for holding breath as the game requires and also a display of gasping as the song progresses. About his orchestration , I DO NOT FIND FITTING EXPRESSIONS. But, I can vouch that if any later Md has made a faint attempt of this kind, our media would cry from the rooftops claiming of innovation/ novelty or such other accolades.

'kaNNu padappOgudhu' ''Kodi malar'' PS LRE

Another teaser of a number rich in rhythm and soporific rendition.

'pAladai mEni' PS LRE [FORGOT THE MOVIE NAME]

Also has all the ingredients of 'kick' needed for the song. Of course there was good work by crooner LRE and correspondingly responded to by PS. The pair has handled their assignments with unfailing zeal always.

'manjaLum kondAL kungumam kondAL' PS Jiki

This was ready hit though JIKI sang in movie after about 15 years or so. MSV had chosen the best stanzas for the both the singers and the two gave quite an astounding complementary value.

'adi pOdi paithiyakkAri' 'thAmarai nenjam'' PS, LRE

KB had used the song to portray his own stylein deciding the course of the story. Kavignar used a novel simile 'kaNgaL arugE imai irundhum kaNgaL imaiyai kAnbadhillai' and gladly patted himself saying in the very song 'indha uvamai konjam pudhumai innum unakkEn puriyavillai'. Quite a lusty orchestyration that ran the race with the tune where between charanams Flute Nanjappa and Tabla Hanumanthappa [or was it Prasad?] revealed dexterity in intricate nuances.

So, friends please some of your perceptions to all the 15 threads I have opened in about 15 days. IT IS NOT OVER; IT WILL come.

Warm regards K.Raman Camp: Navi Mumbai
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear prof

Paalaadai maeni - i think is from POOVA Thaalaiya .
Manjallum thanthaal malargay thanthal (is it thanthaal or kondal
from thenum paalum (?)

you seemed to be wriiting more while in mumbai than in madurai
i donot know about your botany lectures to your students .(judging from your in depth analysis , i am sure they would have been very informative and interesting ) but one thing is sure madurai college students unfotunately missed your lectures on msv .and we are fortunate
pls keep writting
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: TF History.. Reply with quote

Dear Mr vk ,
Thank you for recalling my Botany lectures [1967-2005] my glorious days indeed as lecturer and later[1995-ON] as Professor. Also, I THANK YOU on YOUR POSTINGS IN RESPONSE TO SOME OF MY RECENT WRITE-UPS. Yes, Mumbai gives me the uninterrupted time, unlike Madurai where I am called [out or on ] by friends. Thus, this larger scale output.
Warm regards K.Raman Camp: Mumbai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: