"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KD-MSV Grand Duets I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: KD-MSV Grand Duets I Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
We take up these items under duets-I

'yAr yAr yAr avaL yArO' ''pAsa malar'' PBS PS
A totally refreshing number considering the then trends among duets in the sense a pretention of anonymity is the hall mark of the lyric. Also, both the players brought out elegance even as they drive through the song. 'manadhaiyum sErththu yEn kondAL?' was a poetic beauty that sculpted decency in utterance. MSV came out with such a mesmerising tune that it showcased all nuances of song organization in one stroke.

'iravum nilavum vaLarattumE' ''karNan'' TMS PS
Another grand duet that prescribed ideal conditions for romance with a caution to sustain social values in 'angu nANamum konjam irukkattumE' . Probably this was the first ever ''may'' song in Tamil long before 'anbu nadamAdum kalaikkoodamE'. Neither the press, nor the creators involved ever boasted of the immaculate perfection in coinage of words ending in 'mE' as a polite request cum suggestion. We know MSBV created an absolute marvel in karNan proving emphatically for ever that he is himself the karNan of music befitting the eulogy
'ennakoduppAr evai koduppAr endru nAm eNNum munnE' 'on koduppAr poruL koduppAr podhadhu pOdhadhu endrAl innum koduppAr , ivaiyum kuraivendrAl thannaikkoduppAr than uyiraiyum thAn koduppAr engaL
MSVIyE isaiyil dhayAnidhiyE ' is my humble portrayal of the legend.

'alangAram kalaiyAdha silai ondru kandEn ' TMS PS
'Senthamizh pAdum santhanakAtru' TMS PS

Both these songs revel in verbal beauty elevated to skies by virtue of orchestral embellishments which raises us to suspended animation without any lurking fear of a fall. Rather we do sail down like breeze as the stanzas draw to a close. Umpteen times I have dropped into stoic silence for hours after listening to these musical magics.

'rAdhA rAdhA' ''sumaithAngi' PBS ps
WHAT A CASUAL BUT AUTHENTIC way to open a duet song that pumps elation to listener irrespective of age. KD has played to his prowess raising questions and answers all of which seem to settle issues and doubts to rest. Where are such songs and songsters now? Are our youngsters not chewing straw -little realizing fodder has already been foraged decades ago? I truly pity them. How much of emotion has been dished out through typical insertion of Whistling in true reference to intended romance.

'yamuna nadhi ingE' ''gauravam'' SPB PS
'iyarkkai ennum iLaya kanni' ''santhi nilayam'' SPB PS

Both these songs carry so much of elegance as poetry in romance or romance in poetry. True to his abject surrender to KrishnA KD has a penchant for rivers of epic significance and unfailingly would seek to bring out mood from those settings. A fantastic imagination is what KD reveals every inch. MSV for his part has brought out the best of singers employing such a grand orchestration that Directors must have had a cake walk picturising these two sequences. If SPB got entrenched in TFM, I am sure the Santhi nilayam number laid a granite foundation for him never to lose gloss with age. Hats off to the legendary duo.
More would follow. Please add your pieces.
Warm regards K.Raman Camp: Navi Mumbai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: