"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re Release of Karnan
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Re Release of Karnan Reply with quote

Sent: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:08:36
To: muraliny@rediffmail.com
Subject: Rrelease of Karnan movie in Digital format
Dear Mr.Murali,

Greetings !

It has been some time since you called over the telephone.
Hope you have read the news item regarding the release of the epic
movie in Digital format. The trailer of the movie was shown to select
audience a few days back.
It should be interesting to see how the audience especially the
younger generation react and respond to this movie. Beside the
tremendous star cast and powrful performance the main attraction to me
is the spell bounding & magic created by VR.

Do you have any idea if MSV / TKR has given suggestions or contributed
to the rerecording. Probably you can suggest a special show for the
members of msvtimes.com.

The sucess of the movie will pave the way for many relaunches in which
the contribution of MSV has been very significant.

Pl revert when ever time permits.

Pl also provide your telephone number.

Regards,

S.Ram

Dear Mr. Ram,
There is a video link

http://youtu.be/GNslrBvfIHU
reg this programme.

Very Disappointing that MSV has not participated. It seems that he has not attended the 50th yearcelebrationof Parthal pasi theerum also. Any reason? There are some stories earlier happened earlier. But we cannot come to any preconceived judgement.

However if you notice the 11 min of this video there is not even a word about the music. May be that part could not have been shot in the camera. But we just cannot ignore like that. Many Sivaji and MGR fans have totally ignored the fact that it is MSV who had given them the opportunity to show their skills in acting or built up their image.

Just see what would have happened for MGR in his political career if the songs 'Acham enbadhu madamaiyada' or
'Naan Aaanaittal' had not happened. Well people may say there are other composers through whom MGR and Sivaji would have exposed their skills.

If that be case what is the need for MGR to cancel the contract of Kunnakudi for the movie 'Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban' and persuade MSV to do the musical score. The inner urge for MGR to do that movie was that he wanted to outsmart Sivaji camp especially after thesuccess of the movie 'Sivantha Mann' being the first to shot in foreign location. But since they had gone to the West, MGR had gone East. But MSV afterpersuasion from Kunnagudi himself that he is withdrawing in the interest of the success of the movie (otherwise his film career would have been finished)agreed to do the music score. But since the scenes happen in the East, MSV as a genius gave the appropriate music to suit the East Flavor. But MGR was comparing the music scores with respect to 'Sivantha Mann' and hence not able to understand and appreciate and hence the disagreement between the two and MSV did not even bother to collect his dues for the movie. And MGR had to persuade him to accept the payment.

Likewise Sivaji being another fruit bearer because of MSV music changed the Music Director overnight for the movie 'Thyagam' with out the knowledge of his brother Mr.Shanmugam. They did not even bothered to invite MSV for the Pooja of the launch of that movie. All these detail are in his biography.

Except the reason for MGR to produce movie USV in competition with Sivanthaman which is my logical imagination.

Take the case of Malarum Ninaivugal which Sivaji gave in Podhigai TV. There is not even a word about MSV and he was all praise for Ilayaraja.

So it is really pity that MSV being a once in 1000 year kind of a creative genius got caught between these two rivalry thinking camp and his contribution was never recognized.

You could also see Mr. TKR in the video. But I am raising this question which no one has bothered to ask for the past 47 years. Did Mr. TKR been to Bangalore where all the 10 plus songs have been finished in one go within 3 days by KD and MSV though they have been advised to take at least 10 days. They have been over whelmed by the melodies that they had to remove some songs due the length of the movie like 'maharajan ulagai aalalam' and a song sung by PBS in neelambar raga which comes along with the song 'manjal konda mugam mari'

The people who spoke so high about Sivaji in this video have forgotten to mention one basic fact. The movie was a commercial flop in the first release. Why? Sivaji fans have failed to see him as a character 'Karnan' and only had seen him as 'Sivaji'. They have also not understood the character and the special place Karnan had in our Religion and Culture. That Lord Krishna being an avatar of Vishnu could not have any other options to kill Karna without taking the 'Punniyam' of his 'Dharmam'. He could do trick like what he did to kill people 'Hiranya kasibu' and he had only one option that is surrender and beg for his "punniyam". Does any character have such privilege
in our Religious history other than Karna where the 'Bhagavan' is begging the 'baktha ' where in all other cases it is the reverse. So when Sivaji himself turned in to the character we should have seen him as 'Karna' and not as Sivaji. But just see the video where in the speakers are comparing the same situation with respect a Chief Minister of another state begging a great actor of another state to teach him some lessons in acting.

Just see how ignorant are these people !!! How can we expect accolades for MSV from such ignorant people who have failed to understand the values from that great actor. I have no complaints about Sivaji acting and being an MSV fan I will automatically be a fan of all actors, directors,singers and each one who got associated with MSV.

Only Time will have to answer.

Dharmathin Vaazhvuthanai Soodhu Kavvum

Dharamam marupadi Vellum

Thanks,

N Y Murali
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: AN UNPARDONABLE ACT INDDED!!! Reply with quote

Dear Murali & other MSVians,

It's been a long while since I had posted. After going through the article of Murali, I was really saddened or should I say appalled? Time & again the TFMW has always lagged behind (for reasons best known to them though) when it came to lending credit (which MSV deserved by all means damn it) to our Master Creator Shri. Shri. MSV.

The movie Karnan not only illustrated to the world the generous mind of Karnan who was born to give, but the generous contribution of our Legend who was born only to roll out absolutely immortal melodies which the mankind shall listen to till it's extinction! That be the case, the so called event to commemorate the re-launch of the Epic Movie Karnan, in which our Master's contribution wasn't even acknowledged goes to prove the pathetic commercial attitude of the people involved. I would construe this day as the saddest day for Tamil Film Music World which deserves condemnation of the highest order.

I have also understood that there has been a virtual re-arrangement of the orchestra in which only the immortal voices of TMS & PS have been spared. The technology that these people heavily rely on (Could anything come close to the composing prowess of our Legend by the way???) to make their coffers richer only goes to prove that no matter to what level sophistication grows, there are some things that can never be replaced and in the interest of all such things should be left as it is... What about Shehnai Legend Satyam, Saarangi Legend Ramsait & the host of "Jambavans" of the highest caliber who had lent their support in the entire song sequences.....even their efforts have been sacrificed......Sickening indeed...... Neither God nor Karnan would ever forgive these people for, they have committed sins that deserves no Pardon in any court of law leave alone the Great Souls of those incredible players who are not with us at this moment.

I am sure most of you would agree for a boycott of this film as Karnan without MSV anywhere in the loop is the most atrocious treatment meted out to our Legend in the recent past. I would also condemn the attitude of the reporters of these leading dailies wherein ignorance takes precedence above everything. As true champions of MSV, I fervently hope that some decorum & sense prevails in the minds of these new age entrepreneurs who must ensure that there is no place for any slips especially when they report on events that occurred decades back , the least.

I wish to pose this question to these minds that be behind this project.... Would you ever dare to touch anyone else's creation & launch it the way you want????????

COME WHAT MAY......MSV IS MUSIC!!!
VAIDYMSV

madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: The deflated 'KarNan' Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Murali and Mr.Vaidy,
Going through your postings causes substantial discomfiture to the core of my being. After learning of the 'mutilations' to the orchestral grandeur of the original songs of the movie, I am convinced that MSV did the right thing by abstaining from the ignominy ;in the proces he has unequivocally suggested that 'I am no party to it'. Had by an error MSV attended the event, inadvertently he would have hurt no less a soul than that of his 'Alter ego' Shri.KaNNdAsan himself. BEING A NOBLE SOUL, hither to MSV has not done a thing to belittle any one. At best he can only be accused of not 'making use ' of his proximity to achieve anything for himself. Sure MSV is the blessed Child of Goddess Saraswathi, and what can the idiosyncrasies of idiots do to his stature? God's blessings can never be dented by any one. With certainty we can conclude that idiots and sycophants cannot do anything -good or bad to MSV. Probably MSV has realized these quite early in life and straightaway 'kept his cool' never succumbing to worldly temptations. It has taken this long for me to conclude so. As genuine fans of MSV we should boycott persons who utilize MSV's calibre for personal ends. IT IS THE BEST TRIBUTE THAT WE CAN OFFER TO THIS LEGENDARY LEGEND.
WARM REGARDS K.Raman Madurai
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karnan, in my opinion, ranks amongst the best 10 , rather very best of the 10 . The quality of Hindustani music provided then is unmatched. The kind of dedication shown to bring in Bismillah Khan for the Shehnai piece shows the commitment for perfection.

Well, this only reflects the gross ignorance of those who hosted this event.

I can never imagine Karnan without those outstanding songs .

Rather Ilayaraja also could have been inspired while composing Manamagale ( Devar magan ) from Malargal sootti as both have the same Raga essence !

When it comes to analysing Hindustani impact on tamil songs, Karnan should be rated at Number : 1 position .

May be our Mr.Raghavendran a big Sivaji fan can take up with those concerned as he seem to have some influence with the Nadigar Thilagam community .

To sum up, its PATHETIC AND DISGRACEFUL . It sheer lack of knowledge of those sycophants.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,

At the First outset, I would like to express my feeling that I am second to none as far as my devotion to MSV goes.

1. There are so many assumptions here. I can not go deep into every one's post and give explanation, as one friend has written about my proximity to some x or y, which is not relevant. Those MSV Fans who have proximity to the most powered people, have been keeping quiet on Mellisai Mannar being sidelined and there was not a single hue and cry about this proximity. Particularly those who utilised most of MSV's creations for their gains, least bothered about honouring MSV at any level. Except for our friends posting here, nothing could be done.

2. For those who have difference of opinion, the best they can do is to approach the people concerned, get their remarks/ opinions/ statements and then post their views here, which will be more democratic.

3. It is not necessary to try to convince every one here and explain what happened there. However, I would like to inform that, Mr. Y. Gee. Mahendra, who compered the programme, led the standing ovation for Mellisai Mannargal given by the audience, and Mr. T.K. Ramamurthy honoured the occasion with his esteemed presence.

4. Each and every time MSV and TKR's name was mentioned, the audience did not fail to acknowledge by their cheer and applause.

5. And the organisers had personally approached Mellisai Mannar twice or thrice before the function and it seems, he was told that MSV could not attend due to health reasons (in fact MSV himself spoke to him).

6. For the same reason when we approached him for Parthal Pasi Theerum Golden Jubilee, he was not able to attend due to health reasons.

7. Regarding the orchestration, digitisation or whatever other reason, the best persons who could give the reasons, are the technical people. Please go through the press briefing given by Divya Films. The print was very bad and the negative was damaged. Particularly the sound negative got damaged very much and except the voice, nothing could be heard. They had worked very hard to try and restore the visual and audio while they could manage to bring the visual to the minimum level, the sound portion had to be done.

While other states maintain the negatives of their language films in good condition, unfortunately Tamil films lack in this direction resulting in the non-availability of negatives or damaged condition availability of many Tamil films.

The best possible solution had been arrived at by the technicians concerned exploring all means.

I DON'T FEEL THIS LONG EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY HERE. ANY WAY I GAVE THIS TO PRESENT WHATEVER I CAME TO KNOW.

IT IS FOR THOSE CONCERNED AND THEIR RIGHTS TO ACKNOWLEDGE OR BOYCOTT.

IN THE SAME MANNER, IT IS MY CONCERN AND RIGHT TO CONTINUE OR DISCONTINUE IN THIS FORUM.

I HAVE OPTED FOR THE SECOND - TO DISCONTINUE FROM MSV FORUM. I DON'T WANT TO BE A PART OF THESE OUTBREAKS.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PATRONAGE GIVEN SO FAR.

Raghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: ANYONE'S PREROGATIVE Reply with quote

Dear Raghavendar,

First of all I have no clue as to what provoked you to end your post in this manner. My emotional outburst was only at the appalling attitude of the people who have (under the guise of) re-launched Karnan when it was not necessary at all... But a re-launch with the originals in tact and doing an overall improvement was always welcome. But to site that there were damages beyond recovery... and what surprised me was how only the voices remained intact!!! Yes, Raghavendar only the technically literate should enlighten people like us.

Regarding your sudden decision to leave the forum.......Ours is a free democracy and anyone can come & go and that's the individual's prerogative.

I still feel that there was no justification for your unceremonious exit as my article was mainly targeted to let the world know that absolute injustice had been done and that we are all deeply hurt.

MSV IS MUSIC!!!
VAIDYMSV

parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sri Raghavendran,

You are the one who has created a website for Mellisai Mannargal and has packed it with information on the films composed by them.

Your contribution to the forum of MSVtimes is invaluable. Your filmography of MSV songs, your series of postings under MSV in 70's, MSV in 80's and the innumerable postings giving a lot of information and clarifications constitute a great treasure for MSVians like me.

You have been a seasoned person reacting in a mature and appropriate way to various kinds of remarks and observations.

I know about your devotion to NT and I can understand your getting hurt by unsavory remarks on the thespian. I also had occasion to fault Sivaji for thwarting, at the behest of Kavignar, MSV's creative experiment in composing a lullaby song entirely in whistle for the film Paar Magale Par. (Though my devotion to Kavignar is equal to that for MSV, I had no problem in faulting Kavignar's act of thwarting a creative experiment of MSV using Sivaji's influence. My devotion to Kavignar remains intact despite my misgivings about Kavignar for his role in this incident.)

My humble request to you is to stay with us. I have observed that your devotion to MSV is not a shade less than your devotion to NT.

I am already feeling dismayed that the forum has been slowly sinking into a state of coma. We need to stay together and sustain this forum.

I do hope that you will be a part of this forum with the same zeal you have shown in the past and continue to enrich the forum with your valuable postings.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
As the person who has started this thread it my duty to clarify some points. I have not written this article to degrade an artist. I felt compelled to write this article that in the process of emotive attempt to project one artist the people concerned have in inadvertedly have compromised the values of the other artist.

If you see the Video of the link I had given you could sense that. The point gets reiterated when you watch the other videos in the same link. One of the person (I do not intend to bring personal names) mentions that if we do not present the younger generations with the new technology they do not appreciate the values of the past artists.

Well! Are they trying to present the natural tender coconut in a technological Tetra Airtight pack like ‘Fruity’ or ‘Appy’. Ask anybody who will say the tender coconut has to be drunk as it is with the ‘Thega Mattai’ and even some people suggest that even using a straw spoils the real enjoyment of the same.

So what is the difference between them and the so called new generation music directors who remixes MSV’s songs in the same disguise of presenting the same melody with technology? Then what right they have got to accuse them of plagiarism.

If TMS/PS voices are intact how come sathyan’s shenoi and Ram Narain Bhat’s Sarangi get mutilated?

If for the same reason if some of the Video portion rather than audio got damaged would you dare to re shoot the same with Sivaji’s Dupe?

Friends I am N Y Murali, by god’s grace got some interest in music and it so happened that MSV’s music fascinated me. From the time in the early 80’s onwards when people has been boasting the other composers as if they have bent the sky in to a bow, I really got surprised as to how come these people can say like this without first mentioning the Bhishma of TFM. It all turned out to be that all these things are done deliberately to market their so called man made products in to a marketable commodity.

But very unfortunate it was on part of MSV that he failed to explain the great values of his music so that this could have been understood by all and it could have been passed on to the next generation. The reason why MSV has not explained is very complex. But one of the important factor is that he has composed many of the songs in the trance mood and when such thing happens nothing stays registered in his memory.

The brain is like a computer. If you want the computer to work very fast and process complex data you need to keep the operating disc space free as far as possible. Otherwise your computer could warn you with a message that the space is not sufficient and could hang out. So the best way to operate a creative brain is to keep the data in other areas like an external device like hard disc or pen drive and use the main system as a processing part alone. But the problem is that once you have processed the product and do the saving the data are saved in the external device and not in the operating part that is computer. So the moment you plug out the external device then nothing remain in the main operating system.

It is exactly in this process that MSV’s creative brain works. He has not studied after 2ND Standard. So nothing is saved in his brain. He does not know Babur, Akbar etc etc except for music. Even in music he knows only how to process sounds for a given emotive situation. He may not remember some ‘abborva raga’ name etc. But when given the scale of that raga he knows how to use the combination to express that emotion. The moment that composition is over he unplugs the external device which he used for processing and forget the whole affair. Whatever he says today about the incidence of happening during compositions are the one which are registered in his memory.

But there are number of values have emerged in his composition which not he but his songs reveal. Because the expression of the art is the expression of the soul.

We who do not have the creative ability have analytical ability. Because we remember many of his songs. We collect his 1000 of his songs in our directory and hears all them. We analyze each one and if we come to some judgment we compare them with the other and see whether it is rational. So in order to have analytical brain one has to study a large number data and hence he has to store large number of data, surf one data with other for cogency and come to analytical report.

While the creative part takes only few hours to create, the analytical part could take years to decode. You should have to recreate in your mind with available data as to what are all the situation which would have influenced the creator.

Luckily by god’s grace I got the interest to know MSV’s music composition values. It so happened that I studied with the same tool with which MSV churned out the melodies that is ‘Harmonium’. It is because of this reason I said that MSV finger-key movements are very different from others.
It is because of this reason that I conducted a programme called ‘Nathamenum Kovilille’ 2 years back. But I was not completely ripe till I heard MSV telling in same programme that the melody is there in the words itself.

But in the last 2 years when I studied him more carefully I could understand that whatever he said was not only absolutely true but there are lot of revelation which has not been told by him earlier.
But this is the very important point. I am person who has no other hobby apart from studying MSV’s music for the past 25 years have the habit of reading many books related to many diversified fields like music related books,History(which is my pet subject), religion, Astrology,science etc etc but not novels and stories.

Hence I could compare MSV’s music with all other subjects and have understood that his music has relevance to natural vibration frequencies of the planetary movements which can be explained by me through astrology. And hence his compositions has values required for natural philosophy.

But this is the most important fact that got revealed to me by the grace of God.

That MSV’s music very much reflects the music that prevailed during the time of Tamizh Sangham period, Silapathikaram kappiyam period. This is astonishing fact.

I need to state that the current Carnatic Music has become a classical music in 15TH century but the precedence for the grammer for the music got its inspiration from the Devaram which was compiled in the 6TH century. The current Carnatic system grammer has been developed based on the instrument Veena which is 22 Shruthi based. But prior to that there was a music that was prevalent which was called Pazhand Thamizh Isai which was not based on Veena but based on an instrument called Yazh which is not 22 Shruthi based but harmony based. There are scriptures which defines how each note is related to other and this perfectly tallies with the current western music (Thought western music itself has become a classical music by 16th century) and with the astrology. Not only that a part of the same Tamizh isai has also got developed.

So it becomes very clear that western music has borrowed heavily from the Tamil Music. Not only that the eastern music also has heavily borrowed a part of the same. How could that happen?

To understand that you have to understand History. Between 2ND century BC and 3RD Century AD there was trading and political activity between Tamil Kings and Greek and Roman Empires. Kaviri Poompatinam, Korkai, Musiri, etc were busy trading centers where Foreigners who were called ‘Yavanars’ have been given separate land in the city to import and export and their place was called as ‘Yavanacheri’. So it is quite possible for them to have borrowed the music and introduced in their countries. Apart from that the Chettiars of Tamil Nadu who are the trading community also contributed to a great extent of propagating the Tamizh Isai in foreign lands.

But all these changed in 275 AD. A group of people called ‘Kalabras’ from Karnataka occupied Madurai and Kanchi. The Kalabras were ruling Tamil Nadu from 275 AD TO 575 AD. They being the followers of Jainism who used Pali and Prakiruth as their court language did not patronize Tamil Language and especially Tamil Isai which they considered as music simulates sexual feelings. Hence the whole community who were involved in music had to either shift their profession or shift their residence.

So many would have moved to foreign lands which is quite possible. But even after Tamil Nadu was recaptured by the native Pandya King by name Kadungo and the pallava king (who are from Andhra possibly) Simha Vishnu things have not changed better. But the whole situation changed when Thirunavukkarasar, Samnabdar, etc and the music was re established. But by the time it was reestablished the current music system of 22 shruthi based started. There is a proof for that in ‘Periya Puraanam’ where Gnana Sambandar sings a raga which was not playable in the Yazh and that raga was called ‘Yazh Muri Pann’ mean Yazh breaking Raga or a raga which cannot be played in the Yazh. Probably that was the starting point of the current Carnatic music system which is 22 shruthi based.

But once the Pallava Kings and the Pandya Kings have followed them the music was reestablished. But how could the new music system have not reached Europe?. The reason is by the that time South Indians have lost the contacts with the western world because the Arabs became very powerful and were controlling the Persian Gulf through which the Indian or European ships will have to sail. The Arabs who by now have followed Islam as their religion have also rejected music as being not good for divine activities. Hence when Arabs could transfer all the Indian Products and culture and introduced to Europe have refused to transfer music.

Hence this current Carnatic music was limited to South India. This could also have been popular in North India also as there are many proof for that. But it underwent tremendous change when North Indian culture got mixed up with Persian culture in 14TH Century and that is how we have Hindustani Music.

But what is that MSV’s music offers? If studied properly it solves many of the problems which our current researches have not been able to. There are at least 3 notable researchers who have studied the Tamil Isai who are Abraham Pandidhar, Swami Vibulanda, and Dr. S Ramanathan. All have come out with some proofs and none agrees with each other. But if we see these problems through MSV’s music we can establish unification of their researches but also move beyond where hither to unsolvable aspects of Tamil Isai can be solved.

It is also an astonishing fact MSV’s music has lot of secret codes like Da Vinci code.

Well! You could call me crazy. I also felt like that. But once I started decoding one after another I was amazed. I am a person who normally wakes up very late. But for the past 1 ½ months every day I wake up from my sleep at around 3 am and information start flowing one after another. I will brief my wife in the morning about a particular song which got revealed that night. Very amazing indeed!! Especially about Aboorva Raagangal and Karnan movie.

At this point my family and some of my friends have become jittery. They advised me not concentrate too much on music but to take care of my profession which is business. But I tell that out of the 6 years I have been in my business this is the best year I had in terms of sales and profit. So no worry.

So this raises a pertinent question. Who is MSV? Why should he born in family where music was not known? Why should music chooses him when he chose acting? Who is Kannadasan? Why should they have to work together and create a music called Golden Period?

Has he and Kannadasan come with a purpose of reestablishing a lost music generation earlier?

I have no clue.

But I have decided to do one thing. I have arranged a programme on 13-5-2012 Sunday at 6 pm at Sivagami Pethachi Hall to explain all these details. We are preparing with 31 songs including one song from Thiruvasagam and present each songs with its hidden values hitherto untold by MSV. Apart from that I shall also try to share how MSV music is naturally harmonious by explain with the astrology and finally connect it with Tamil Isai.

Well people could advice that it is better I should present a paper to music college. I also have that idea but not now. If I submit a paper to a music college at best I could get some recognition and the book would go the academic library. They idea to present to the public especially to the hardcore fans of MSV is to make the world know who is MSV? Because I feel bearing a few none have understood MSV.

So Mr. Raghavendar, I started this thread and I shall finish it once and for all as far as the subject of KARNAN rerelease is concerned. Now once you understand my feeling you would know that how much of damage is done for that great music which happened in 3 days time. May be the people would have done it enthusiasm but they have not understood that they have inadvertently compromised the eyes for a picture.

So there are lot of things that is going to happen for msvtimes. You have chosen a wrong decision. I wish you change your decision.

With Best Regards,

N Y Murali

Last edited by N Y MURALI on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:15 am; edited 6 times in total
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Murali,

Kudos for your extensive research.

Needless to add that I look forward to your May 13 program.

I sincerely wish that your efforts will turnout to be a breakthrough and that they will, in addition to turning the spotlight on MSV's music, bring out the glory of Tamil music. I have been hearing quite a bit about Tamil music but this is the first time I am coming across something concrete and refreshing in the background you have provided on this subject. You are a research scholar in every sense of the term. Your efforts to look at music in association with History and Astrology is a pointer to the profundity of your approach.

I cannot appreciate you enough for your dedication and tenacity. I can only bow my head in reverence and awe, though you are younger to me.

May God be with you in your well-meaning endeavors.

My very best wishes, once again.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Rangaswamy Sir,
Your words of appreciation gives me some solace to otherwise deeply wounded heart. The postings by fellow MSVians substantiate that my decision is correct. Either I am too happy about ceremonious exit or too sad about unceremonious exit.

However, I don't feel my presence is necessary here any longer.

Thank you all once again for all the encouragement given to me.

I am also quitting as the co-moderator of the forum.

Raghavendran
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Articles... Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
MSV is a sensitive topic, more so if his tunes /music were to receive reinvention by technocrats to justify certain contentions. If musical notes have faded there are audio CDs still reverberating with orchestral grandeur of all the notes played by the best men on the job. RIGHT AWAY the songs could have reinserted to match the lip movements and it would have been the best service to a noble cause. Whatever happened has happened and of all people to MSV and to his signature tunes/notes in Karnan. Sad indeed. Mr.Raghavendar need not feel for someone else's approach to the movie. Coma of the site is just tentative and I request Mr.Ragasudha's reconsideration politely reminding him of his being our co-moderator. Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

I have seriously thought that my posting even though written without maligning any artist or individuals have some how resulted in some unpleasant exchange of emotive outbursts from some members.

I wish to state that I have not written with such intention except with the feeling the MSV being one of the contributor for the success of many projects has not been adequately recognized.

However I also feel whether we had gone too much on accusations of the people who have brought this re release.

Hence as Mr. Raghavendar mentioned I am presenting the press release of M/s Divya Films. I am unable to understand the technical details which they have written about the sound restoration. I wish and pray that it should turn out to be that the original sound tracks are maintained and I have misunderstood it wrongly. So can any one please explain as to how they could have restored by reading the press release which they have mentioned here

The press release link is
http://pluzmedia.com/movies/kollywood/3694/karnan/movie-photos/pictures/p165628

I am also giving a link of the youtube wherein a member of the team speaking about the technical aspects of restoration of the audios.

The link is
http://youtu.be/hk-LGdih-30

With the details I request the people concerned to enlighten us about the technical aspects of audios. I sincerely hope that the orchestra are also left as original and if be the case would like to seek open apology for having misled the members.

N Y Murali
ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Before making the exit, I just would like to share some info that I heard and doing rounds (I do not know how far it's true), that ONE OF THE popular films for which MSV-TKR has composed music, is going to be made in dts with orchestra completely to be recorded afresh. Though I will not be a member of the forum I am eager to see how our members react at that time.
Thank you and bye
Raghavendran
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
If that be the case then there is only one solution. All the musical works of MSV with TKR and MSV alone should be given a legal protection by according them some status what they did for kannadasan's works by approaching the Govt of TN.

N Y Murali
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Murali,

This may not be practical. Let us ignore these developments and move on. Our primary task is to preserve the original versions in the form of audio/video to the extent possible.

Already degitalized versions of many songs have come out. I have heard some horrible versions of PS's songs, recorded in her present broken voice and digitalized orchestra. You can find such products in the market. We also have been watching the remixes helplessly.

But the HMV people (or other copyright holders) will pounce upon us if we seek to publicly play these songs in their pristine form. This is the way systems function!

I think a core group should work on taking the inventory of the songs we have and we don't, and make efforts to procure the missing pieces. MSV's creations should be preserved at least as a private collection, if there were to be a problem about making them available in our website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: