"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Aalukkoru thethi vachhi" by our Master

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: "Aalukkoru thethi vachhi" by our Master Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I was suddenly reminded of the song "aalukkoru thethi vachhi". But, unfortunately I did not remember the complete tune, but the first lines continued to haunt me. I do not know if the song is available somewhere. However, I distinctly remember the song for his high-pitched singing, soulful shehnai and the usual tabla. While listening a song from the devotional album of Ayyappa saranaanjali, I vaguely recollected traces of this song. I was unable to successfully search in our forum for writing on this song. If available, please mention the link.
Nevertheless, I would still request our elders to comment on this rare gem from our master, please.
Thanks a lot,
Sai Saravanan
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mr.Sivakumar!
Your account of real-life incidents related to his songs such as this have been many. It is no surprise that his troupe members refused to play for this song. But then the song is soulful and realistic. As you recounted, only MM could have sung such a song, packed with all the appropriate emotions, living up to the mood of the lyrics.
The song flashed in my mind all of a sudden one day, and continued to haunt me for many days. Hence the mention in the posting as a rare song of MM - rare in its type, not in popularity, of course!
Sai Saravanan
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: BY THE POWER OF LYRICS!!! Reply with quote

Dear All,

If there was one song that the Legend was afraid to listen to, then this is it. MSV keeps repeating the Prowess of not only the Legend Kannadasan but how powerful his words were.....How true....Imagine the grief MSV had to go through within short moments.

Kannadasan is rarest of a rare find by this world and MSV too falls in the same category. Look at the marvels done by both of them. A combination that ought to have lived for 150 years but for the sudden demise of the Greatest Kavignan of this universe.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC!!!
VAIDYMSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: