"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THIRAI ISAI CHACRAVARTHY AWARD -A REQUEST TO CM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear NYM,

You are right and I fully agree with you that our site is non-profit oriented . For uploads to our site on sessions with MSV , there will be no issues as there are rehearsals.

However, uploading of a programme , say for example, that Grand Piano programme held in Sep 2008 may have some issues as I understand, it was sponsored . I think for that ' Nadhamennum kovilile ' also if it was sponsored by someone, we may have to take their permission. It is very much possible as we have nothing to benefit monetarily out of it.

Uploading the audio / video songs to our site ......this has to be checked with a legal expert .

Uploading anything on youtube .....the concerned uploader will face questions if any copyright matter is involved...
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji,
'Nathemnum kovililee' was not sponsered by any one and it was organised with funds provided by msvtimes friends and by me.

So no issues.

However Piano programme may not be the case. However we can ask the sponsor and get his permission.

N Y Murali
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Vaidy,

I fully appreciate your views and suggestions. It would be great if you can arrange to upload your video collection of MSV moments. We would really love to watch them.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I would like to give my personal opinion on uploading of videos

1. Programmes conducted by msvtimes

These are 100% own property of msvtimes. Sponsors only give financial aid to run the programme for which we have made due acknowledgement by the display of the banners or such way of promoting. This can not be a business deal. This is only promotion of art. So the concept, performance everying is the brainchild of msvtimes. The question of copyright comes only when you collect a money as a ticket / entrance fee / or such that for gaining entry to the programme, which is not in our case.

So we can go forward to uploading the video.

2. uploading

1. This involves space occupied by the video. Ours is a small site I believe and I don't know how lengthy the uploaded videos can be, which can be decided depending on the video.

Embedding.

Our video will be aesthetic only if we embed it in our site. Just uploading them in a server and giving link here would irritate the visitor.

If we are to embed videos, we have to create a player or use third party software like windows media player, flv player or any such other programmes which is compatible with all the browsers so that the visitor or user is not disappointed.

Even our forum is obsolete and our php platform is old. We have to revamp and update it so that the embedded video/ image is visible along side the postings.

These are a few points to ponder before we can think of upgrading our site.

Though I am not a moderator as I have opted out of it, I am at the disposal for any service that I might be able to, for updating our site.

Raghavendran
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Murali,
I appreciate your uploading this.
But if the organizers (Divine Life Foundation) object to this, You Tube may suspend your account.
This is an excellent program. I suggest that we approach DLF through someone like Mr. Mohan Nair and discuss some way of publicizing the videos either in youtube or through some TV channel. If this is not possible, we may try for a copy of the Cd for private circulation among the members of the forum.
I feel about such a good program locked up with no access to anyone.
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

I have already written in this section about the lack of knowledge on MSV's music among those who are in the music field (forget the common man). I would like to quote a couple of more incidents.

In the "MSV Round" episode of Super Singer Junior-3, the contestants' mothers were asked as to which song of MSV they like most. Contestant Pragati's (who ultimately was the first runner-up) mother quoted the LRE number from வெள்ளி விழா, "காதோடுதான் நான் பாடுவேன்" (Music: V.Kumar). In fact she sang the first few lines of the song and everyone applauded it.

The above only goes to show how the judges (M/s Mano, Chitra and Subha) and the so called India's leading voice expert Mr Anant Vaidyanathan were not aware as to who was the composer of "காதோடுதான் நான் பாடுவேன்". Otherwise they would have corrected Pragati's mother and asked her to choose a real MSV number. For your information, MSV was not present in the show that time and he joined later on.

To quote another incident, in one of the episodes of "Raagamalika" on Jaya TV, a contestant sang the wonderful MSV composition "மானாட்டம் தங்க மயிலாட்டம்" from ஆலயமணி. After the contestant completed the song, the compere Mr Balaji said to our shock "that was a beautiful song from the film கைராசி". Mr Balaji cannot be blamed as he hardly knows MSV's music and if any contestant comes out with an IR number he will specifically ask them to mention the composer's name and start showering praises on IR. But the show's director Ms Subashri Thanikachalam should at least have known that "மானாட்டம் தங்க மயிலாட்டம்" was from ஆலயமணி and composed by MSV. Music for கைராசி was composed by MSV's assistant R.Govardhanam.

These are only few more examples of how ignorant the so called experts are as far as MSV is concerned.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: