"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOSS OF A COMRADE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: LOSS OF A COMRADE Reply with quote

Dear All,

MSVTIMES.COM is saddened by the untimely demise of one of it's very senior members, Mr. Kannan of Bangalore, yesterday.

A qualified Chartered Accountant, Mr. Kannan served in various companies in very high positions. If anyone talks about a real time Connoisseur of our Legend, then Mr. Kannan's name ought to be there. Such was his reverence & dedication to our Master's Music. Though only few of us have personally interacted with him, we used to be really awestruck at his in-depth knowledge of Shri. MSV's music. On many occasions, he would seriously advocate us to stand up and listen to certain compositions of Shri. MSV!!!. That's how he respected Shri. MSV's creations.

Our fellow members RVS Mani & Sundarajan have been friends with Late. Mr. Kannan for more than 4 decades and not even a day has passed without discussing / listening to Shri. MSV's music between them. RVS Mani fondly recalled the nostalgic trips down the lanes of Chennai enjoying the music on many days.

Late Mr. Kannan remained a bachelor. MSVTIMES.COM salutes this comrade of a rare knowledgeable cadre who are very hard to find.

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE!!!

VAIDYMSV

Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deeply grieved to learn the sad demise of Mr Kannan. My heartfelt condolences to all his family members.

May the departed soul rest in peace.

Venu Soundar
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to hear this. Our heartfelt support to his relatives. I think you all had a gathering at his residence few years back ?
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sincere condolences to Mr. Kannan's family and especially his close friends Mr. R V S Mani and Mr. Sundararajan who introduced Mr. Kannan to me. I use to speak to him over phone many times and met him only once about a year back at Mr. R V S Mani's house. We were hearing the song 'Pattilum melliya poovidhu' continuously at least about 70 times. He was all along standing and listening. Such was his reverence to MSV.

N Y Murali
msvramki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked to know of the sudden demise of our friend Sri Kannan of Bangalore !

The respect he had on Sri MSV and his creations is unmatchable.

Yes.. I heard our friends mentiong about him many times, especially about his standing while listening to MSV music or when someone talks about our Master. !

What a great soul !!

I pray the Almighty to give enough mental strength to all his family members and Mr. RVS Mani/Sundararajan to bear this irreparable loss.

May His Soul Rest In Peace !!

Ramki
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends

Mr. Kannan is no more. I had an occasion to meet in person in RVS Mani Sir's house alongwith SRS. I vividly remember an incident. The song was "Avan Ninaithana Idhu Nadakumendru". Yes, Naanum ninaikkavillai adhu Nadukkumendru. Suddenly Kannan slapped me on Cheek and asked me to stand up and listen to this song, "Avan Ninaithana Idhu Nadakumendru".

Such was his respect and regard for the great music director MSV

May his soul rest in peace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: