"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

andarangam nan ariven

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: andarangam nan ariven Reply with quote

Another great prelude in the song Andhrangam nan ariven is worth listening 10 times daily. Voilin, veena and flute is put to best use.

What is striking about the prelude, is about the way the song commences. Msv has started with Voilin on utcha stayi (High Note) . Lovely to hear this peice. Sa, pa paditha murali ponravargal, vivaramaga idhruku vilaakm tharalam.

Sustained campaign about Grand orchestration commenced only with IR needs to be demolished. I shall post further in this segment about the great role played by MSV.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: A SONG TO REMEMBER Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sivasankaran

Yet another master piece from our Master Creator. The film Ganga Gowri was produced by BR Bantulu and MSV narrated a story about this movie. The re-recording for this movie was being postponed by the producer many a times and MSV had no clue about the delay. Finally when MSV learnt that there was a shortfall of finance to complete the movie, MSV offered to complete the movie without any money. Shri. MSV also fondly recalled how this legendary producer / director gave him Karnan to prove all his mettle and as a token of gratitude he completed GG.

This movie also some scintillating numbers like Pichandi thannai enni, Aadhi nathan ketkindran, Azhagya Megangal.....all fabulous melodies.

Regarding the technical write-up I think MSV's music has to be conceived by us beyond the raaga restrictions and enjoyed unadulterated.....

Cheers

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vaidy,

Thanks for the info. Shri Msvs timely help extended to the producer is laudable. Shri Msv compsoed innumerable melodies beyond the purview of ragas, earning him the indelible title Mellisai Mannar.

However the prelude for Andharangem nan ariven starting with voilin on a higher note looks very different for me and therefore i expect some who learnt sa, pa to throw more light.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Siva,
As you said MSV having composed many songs not keeping raga in mind and thus earning him the title 'mellsai mannar'. But having said that MSV himself has explored the beauty of many ragas in his composition and Raga Bhageshri is one among them. The reason he explored and exploited this raga is about the nature and structure of this raga itself which is an Hindustani raga and has many different variety of tones in it because of the swaras involved in it. So without deviating he has composed many songs in this raga and I can recollect a thread on this which was discussed extensively by our forum members.

I give below the thread link

http://msvtimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1793

With regards to the subject you have discussed I think MSV keeps the situation in mind for selecting the appropriate note.

A classic example is in the song 'thookkam un kangalai thazhuvattume' song he starts the song in the lower octave panchamam and does not even cross the upper satjamam in the middle octave. So also the preludes and the interludes. The reason is simple. Going in the higher pitch creates more vibrations and that disturbs the sleep.

On the other hand see the song 'Ennai Theriyuma' where he takes in the higher pitch to declare a statement.

In this song 'andharangam naan ariven', when I saw the visual in the you tube I can understand that the song is basically to disturb the meditation. And hence the reason for the higher note. You can see clearly that towards the end of the song MSV kept some postludes to create that scene effect.

You can also notice that MSV has reserved the highest pitch notes for SJ and kept the medium range notes to PBS keeping their capacity in mind. Very amazing indeed.

The youtube link

http://youtu.be/BLPyE3nthJ4

N Y Murali
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Murali,

Iam in complete agreement with you for shri MSV using different scales for different situation. He offers to rasikas all this varieties with impunity is remarkable.

All Bhageswari rolled out by mm were run away hits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: