"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

thoodhu sella oru thOzhi illai ena-II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: thoodhu sella oru thOzhi illai ena-II Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Among the recent postings on our site, this song has received more responses than expected. Probably, fearing that I may begin some kind of analysis, our Pundits have poured their views on the compositional nuances executed by team MSV in this number.

Mr.Vaidy has laid it bare that MSV's creativity does not get fettered by any known parameter that governs Composition per se. He has submitted that it is listening pleasure that deserves being recognized; he feels it is futile to look into MSV's work that simultaneously avails of nuances known and unknown. You are right Mr .Vaidy, But,
Naturally every listener is tempted to try an analysis using tools familiar to him or her; the futility of the exercise would never deter the attempt, since it is human proclivity [if I may use the term] to grasp as much as one can. So, let us enjoy all forms of analysis -just to ceaselessly wonder how MSV has been a spontaneous creator even as he was working well over 18 hours a day!

My effort began looking at the poetic expressions of the song, hence I used the Lyric thread for the same.

Even among its contemporary numbers, this song revels in expressions typical of 'Sangam culture' in Tamil literature. To drive the point home let me just draw attention to Kavignar's flamboyance in simplicity and ease of articulation. How many words he has to suggest 'Royal romance' though a social theme by itself.

The words alone suffice to strengthen the argument.

'thOzhi', 'thalaivi, 'thoodhu' 'thuyar'

'kAvirikkarai' , kAviya nAyagan' 'kOvalan'

'thendral suttadhadi'

'idai' 'aNi' 'mEgalai' 'veezhndhidum vaNNam'

are some expressions with a flavour of stately value of historic nature.

No doubt, MSV has spun a musical bonanza to articulate the mood, especially through an orchestration that flows like a river in spate.

Our friends can launch their versions of understanding, so that we get to know how many perceptions can be drawn from the song.

Thank you for the responses and opportunity.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: