"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV as a Composer on TV Serial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: MSV as a Composer on TV Serial Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
M/S Jaya TV are telecasting a new Tamil serial in the evening [7.00 pm] since yesterday "veettukku veedu Vietnam veedu" where MSV can be seen in the title sequences -being the MD for the serial.He sings the title song in which a line appears 'manaivi amaivadhellam -kannadasan pattu, MSV mettu' and goes to suggest disharmony in life. We can see Ananthu and YGM in the curse of the song recording. Sridhar's son appears to be the producer and YGM- the Director. Certainly the song is enjoyable free from the clutter of sounds in the name of music even in serials.
After a time to see MSV glued to his harmonium is refreshing indeed.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks prof for the information.

Many years back (about 10 years or more), there was a serial Ramayanam tleecast in Sun TV. (This was not the Tamil version of Ramananda Saagar's Hindi epic but a modest original.) Viswanathan Ramamurthy were the music directors for this serial.

I vaguely remember that this info was earlier shared in our forum. I am mentioning it here because of its contextual relevance.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
In my posting related to the TV serial, I have wrongly suggested that CV Sridhar's son has directed the item.Actually, Mr.Sriram -the Director is the son of Chitraalaya Gopu. I regret the error.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: