"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSVTIMES.COM- NEEDS NO ALMS BUT GENUINE HELP PLEASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: MSVTIMES.COM- NEEDS NO ALMS BUT GENUINE HELP PLEASE Reply with quote

Dear All,

The 6th anniversary of msvtimes.com was celebrated with the usual pomp & musical treat by Sridhar's Navrags. The crowd also went ecstatic at every note played by the orchestra members who enjoyed playing as well that evening.

As one of the core crew members, what I felt was that many of the visitors that evening neither came forward to introduce themselves nor offered any financial help even by a small token gesture. For the benefit of all those who are not aware of this fact - msvtimes.com has been functioning only with the contribution of members belonging to our forum and seldom do we get big sponsorship to conduct programmes on a large scale. This is one of the main reasons for us to restrict our events to a mediocre scale. But for the contribution of a few individuals & companies, organising even a small programme poses a big challenge to the entire crew. I wish to convey our deepest gratitude and thank all the pensioners who have been contributing their might to whatever extent they can to keep our operations alive till date.

My appeal hence is targeted towards all those who have just been coming to enjoy the evening and only to re-appear at the next anniversary celebrations. Please be generous to contribute (there is no limit and it can even be a hundred rupees) so that more programmes can be conducted. I am sure all of you must be aware that msvtimes.com is strictly an organisation only with a musical interest & that all our events are on "all are welcome" basis. If we can increase this base of small donors to more numbers, then we can honour more musicians, extend better payments for the orchestra and so on...

I feel this gesture can only be expressed as a request & not as a veiled threat to force someone to donate. Please treat this as a personal appeal & send in your contributions to msvtimes.com. All your contributions will be officially acknowledged.

After all, this is a movement for the fans of msv by the exclusive fans of msv. The adoration for our Master Creator can only be expressed by conducting frequent events. With out your support, nothing will move forward. Please act now..... If you have already acted, ignore this & keep listening to our Master's magical creations....

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: ALL IN THE GAME!!! Reply with quote

Dear All,

That my earnest appeal to prospective donors didn't evoke any response is no surprise to me. After all, for every anniversary celebrations we have appealed & appealed but somehow managed to conduct the show without fail unmindful of the fact that the appeals have been ignored by many (conveniently). As I had written earlier, but for the generosity of a handful of donors, msvtimes.com anniversary celebrations would have become extinct long time back.

I am sending this fresh appeal hoping that it reaches the right ears. First of all as forum members what we have to do on priority is to bring in more members (friends, relatives, children) and get them enrolled with a contribution of Rs.500 per annum. This will give them a membership card that can be used in all future programmes of msvtimes.com as an entry pass. Apart from this, for contributions of Rs.2000 & above, a separate page can be created in our site & the donors of this category be published. For all those who contribute Rs. 5000 & above, we'll arrange a one to one photography with our legend & the same will be autographed by him & handed over (subject to our modus operandi).

What we now need is money & not ideas or suggestions. I request all members to treat this as a personal appeal & get into it right away. Please remember, Shri. MSV is an integral part of our movement and anything contributed with the right intention goes to the welfare of all those musicians who have been enthralling us for so many years.....Isn't high time that we repaid our gratitude ?

Please be informed that out intention is not to point out shortcomings but even for a tube light donated by a devotee to a temple, he goes to the extent of painting his generation's name on the tube (not even on the frame) itself!!! Let's be different at least!!!

Hope we get to hear some good news soon!!! For all contributions, please contact Murali, Ramki, Sabesan or Vaidymsv...

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Vatsan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Resp. Reply with quote

I second Vaithy's idea. Simple, without more money would never be able to stage certain songs of MSV that require a minimum magnitude of grandeur. The general public would never even get introduced to the innards of those wonderous songs which have layers of intrigue built into them. Furthermore, with more funds we have the option of increasing the award amount and directing the awards towards musicians of the needy kind. I would sincerely request those who can contribute, to start doing so immediately.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: TRAINERS FOR FUND RAISING PSE Reply with quote

Dear All,

Here's the inference. There have been 45 views for the posting under the head "Need no alms but active support" but not even one has transpired into a contribution. The least I expected was a courtesy reply to tell us, yes... we'll contribute sooner or later. All those who had come & gone through the back door of Infosys Hall during our anniversary celebrations held on 9th Feb 2013, have to understand one thing - This is a programme that we all join together to do under a single banner called "MSV" -.....not to make money but only to give... musicians. If this simple fact is not received by those who prefer to remain anonymous, then it's their peril.

The next time our programme is conducted (I have started working on it) make no mistake, we will surely deviate from our philanthropic way of working & start having tickets for entry like how any other concert is held. We will also generate a list of all these people from the forum and insist on payment & only then permit them to write. I hate to say all this but look at the poor response...Do we need to elaborate more???

What is more irritating is that many who have been writing in our forum have also not contributed or attempted to contribute in spite of our repeated appeals for years. Do we construe that these are people who only talk & not act??? Depressing indeed.....Nenju porukkuthillayey, intha nilai ketta mantharai ninaithu vittaal....nenju porukkuthillayey....

This is not a spontaneous outburst but born out of 6 long years of frustrating, painful wait....

VAIDYMSV

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Vaithy

i agree with you ,with regard to raising of the money .there is no doubt that we need money for future activities,and its must all of us pool money .
As i suggested to Murali let us publish in forum those who have contributed and update the same on every penny that trickles in .

but the i differ on quantum .All of us are from different backgrounds in every aspects. only love towards MSV unites us all .
differentiating love with money is not fair .
and also let us face facts ,fans who are grouped under MSVTIMES COM. are nothing number wise , when compared to numbers outside .
so the first priority is to bring as many under our fold .once the sizeable qty comes we can bring in other conditions .till that time the contributions can be voluntary ,
Also how do you think MSV will not pose if some one walks into his home
so why do they have to give msvtimes 5000 .let us be practical not emotional
while i understand your frustrations ,it needs a proper strategies to bring in funds ,and i suggest all of you ( core members) meet and form a common minimum programme with regards to tasks to achieve in next 3 months 1 year and 5 years ,instead of pouring the frustrations in the forum.Spell out those agreed programmes in the forum for rest of us to either fall in /out of it .

this is only an appeal and not an advice .

friendly yours vk
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: How to Register Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
All the points raised by Mr.Vaidy are understandable. But, to expect that members would turn in to 'donate liberally' is only our desire. [b]Probably, the culture of paid membership was not rightly infused from the beginning.[/b] Even now it is well within the jurisdiction of the core crew to evolve a workable methodology with all safeguards, so that members recognize the need and urgency for contributing.
It is quite in line though belated to appeal for wider support. Therefore, the central team has to assemble details to precisely identify how many prospective contributors can be located and how best to improve the situation. I feel that, some statistical basis would strengthen the gravity of the appeals and if need be individuals may be approached through mails instead of causing embarrassment to anyone. [color=brown][/color]. However, I do not assume wisdom upon myself in making the suggestion. My line of thought is not to lose anyone, but to effectively swell the numbers so that at any point of time funds would trickle without undue efforts or keeping fingers crossed.
I trust the need of the hour is pragmatic planning.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: APPEAL Reply with quote

Dear Vijay Krishna,

What we wanted was meaningful contribution from those who haven't contributed at all & not an expert opinion & knee jerk reaction from you. As one of the core crew members we know how difficult it is to keep this show going from our early days till date and my lament was only towards those who have been only talking / writing but nothing apart from that. That Shri. MSV warmly receives anyone at his residence is a world known fact & need not be a discovery from your end. After the demise of Mrs. MSV, even we find it rather difficult to be with him for a long time for various reasons. You have reacted as if MSV's space is being sold in an open auction. The photograph I have mentioned about is by a professional and not by a novice. The proceeds of this will also go to musician's families besides taking care of our programme expenses to some extent.

There are many in the world who have been wanting to pose with him and I thought we can utilise this opportunity to not only generate revenue but increase the member strength. I think what is necessary is that you should concentrate more on bringing in more numbers instead of sending in your views. If you had read my post, I had very clearly mentioned that we have enough & enough of ideas in our kitty but no money. This is reality whether anyone likes it or not.

Thought I should make my stance clear to you. Please do the needful...

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC!!!
VAIDYMSV

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear vaithy

I STAY AWAY FROM RESPONDING POINT BY POINT AS I AM MATURED ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT THE IDEAL PLATFORM
AND NO NEED EITHER because our intentions are the same ,
if your efforts bring in more funds i would be too happy .
i wish you great success and definitely do my best and offer my efforts too in achievement of your desire sooner

thanks and wregds

FOR MSV'S DIVINE MUSIC ALWAYS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: