"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Factors that inspires MSV - 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: MSV - THE SHEER INNOVATOR Reply with quote

Hi Murali,

Yet another salvo fired at me for no fault of mine... To put things straight, your observation of my close proximity to MSV has been completely misrepresented by you. Never have I claimed any proprietary over msvtimes.com or MSV as falsely claimed by you. Don't forget the fact that I never even knew who you were in my life and it was HIS music that bound all of us.

The TFW which was greatly dependent on the MD's of yesteryears had to give way to the radical change brought out by MSV since the 50's is what I have come to understand. It would even make sense to say that the so called raaga based music was eclipsed with the advent of the spontaneity wielding creator MSV. A tall GR Iyer even uttered end of an era for their style of music with the release of musical epic Karnan. This is precisely why I have opined that, to listen to this genius one need not get into the web of a raaga for, MSV has always been a sheer innovator & conqueror of hearts. to say the least...

To us, nothing can be of a true solace than listening to HIS music just the way we like!!!

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vaidy,
I did not intend to fire any salvo, but it is you who chose to do that for no fault of mine.

Especially when you posted that

"Let our great work not get reduced to feeding a very few raaga hungry stomachs when the world is hugely made of melody hungry tummies!!!"
is the salvo you fired at me for no fault of mine.

Since you do not want to express regret for offending me I keep this discussion open.

I cannot keep quite when you pass some sarcastic comments and get away.

N Y Murali
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Songs composed by MSV-TKR Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Despite our age and wisdom, on occasions we tend to slip fathoms merely to establish a point or two of our perceptions.It is unfortunate that instead of enjoying perceptions with mutual respect, we deviate into unpleasant territories.
All are entitled to hold opinions.But to determine the ambit over which opinions should be shaped is beyond anyone's limit.
Therefore my appeal to our forum friends is not to extend the debate of who did what in seeking to locate the last word on the subject.
Except my age, nothing qualifies me in spelling judgments.I am aware of that. Still, in the larger interest of keeping the forum alive in terms of analysis of MSV songs from varied planes, I request our colleagues to calm down and to recognize the fact that MSV is closer to Divinity than to any earthly humans, while the treasure of his music is everyone's property whether or not we acknowledge.
Let us continue our mission of documenting what we feel of MSV's music, as given to our perceptions. Perceptions are too dominant to ignore. Besides, always variety is the spice of life. Technical, non-technical and even un-technical emotions can be expressed so long as the intent is honest and carries the delight in happiness of sharing those.
May I once again appeal to our friends to consider my request for eschewing bitterness by a simple bottom line that

ALL OF US HAVE THE COMMON PERCEPTION " MSV IS GREAT" and
let us be GRATEFUL to him and GRACEFUL even in disagreement.
Please pardon my intervention.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
The replies by Parthvi, and Prof Raman is well respected.

The untiring and pioneering efforts taken by few which resulted in a platform that gives access to many MSV rasigas is recognizable. But at the same time, if some them try to take undue advantage of it and try to bully their points then it is severely condemned.

I am forced to arrive at some conclusion that this type of blunt and unfriendly comments by them under the guise of their personal opinion could have resulted in many forum members losing interest of active participation.

This has to be dealt with firmly and corrected with out any prejudice.

N Y Murali
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: GROSS MISUNDERSTANDING Reply with quote

Dear Murali,

That an observation of mine was solely on my "musical experience" with the Greatest Creator I have encountered in my life and wasn't directed at you as an individual. My lament was only towards all those who reduce the musical discussion to an area where only limited players are in the fray. If only this research can be taken to the next level, a level where (others also understand) emotions over mere technicalities are discussed, that may lead to a better perception of HIS music is what I felt. Again, you have simply got provoked & if you care to read my observations properly, the intent was aimed at all those who are in a separate thread. My words have been in absolute reverence to our Master's Creations only and if this simple message is not received by you well then, you & your intentions have to be faulted, not mine... I have not ridiculed your style of writing as my write-up has nothing to do with yours. I am also not sure how you could take this at a personal level when my intentions weren't that...

As Prof. Raman has intervened, your words probably were born out of some frustration and hence I need not succumb to an empty threat. I will damn well hold my views entirely of mine and didn't I quote a phrase from a classical singer?

MSV's creations have not only brought radical changes but also broke the myth that film music had to be solely dependent on classical music and it was like that then. Thank Godess Kalaivaani who gave us this wonder, lest we would have been left with the age old tradition. Many of the present MD's are still following this old tradition as their creativity is absolutely limited. Again, my words are not to demean the classical music as this only forms the basis of any music no doubt. A deviation for a pleasant hearing need not be viewed as a sin as perceived by the "elite". Stalwarts like Maharajapuram Santhanam & M.S. Subbalakshmi have been awe struck with MSV's creative genius. MSV's introduction of "mellisai" into this world is nothing but mellifluous music that can even make a rock melt....

Many of the other seasoned musicians from the classical fraternity couldn't digest this stupendous natural flair for rolling out instant melodies from this little genius & hence forced a virtual black out of this man in the "elite" circle. Why aren't you opening up that side of the story? I am not against classical music, but if you look at the creativity angle, then the entire gambit of performing is very limited as the "dharma" has to be upheld at all costs. MSV's music coupled with simple emotions expressed over an unchained melody is what that took all of us to HIM and we are till this moment with HIM!!!

Right or wrong is not the issue here. HIS music is for creating "shanthi" in all of us & not for creating an unrest.... Aslam Alaikkum.....

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC!!! (look at this phrase I am signing off with for a long time....To me music by MSV is only music!!! Don't know about others, but simply don't care also!!!)

VAIDYMSV

Last edited by vaidymsv on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Vatsan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Sandai Reply with quote

naNbargaLE....sandai vENdAm:). Mr. YD, NYM merely stated the swarams and not any raaga. He has used the tools (called swarams) to indicate where a turn or a dip happens and nothing more. He merely went through the points where he felt an appropriate feeling or a mixture of feelings was induced and through which note or swaram. There is no other means to zero in on and express an occurence within a song. That to me is fair enough Smile

But an important point, to set facts straight, the idea of showing fidelity towards a sentiment or a mixture of sentiments at the expense of a raaga structure was adopted by MSV after watching Adhepalli Rama Rao, SM Subbiah Naidu and CR Subburaman do so. MSV has admitted so in the interview present in our website where he talks about raagas he has used in his music and he is being honest. When Adhepalli Rama Rao, SMS and CRS brought in multiple flavours into a song by using unexpected notes, MSV's true guru Naushad Ali started introducing tonic shifts into a song, increasing the hues a song could encompass. This important lesson imbibed from Naushad is very evident even in a song created in 2004, I am referring to the "Kannamma...." song in Vishwatulasi. I know I have deviated, but this is to do with "The Musical biography" of MSV that I had been talking about with friends here. This should be a biography which does not include stories about his Yercaud glass house and the oft repeated rest.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,
Quote:
MSV IS MUSIC!!! (look at this phrase I am signing off with for a long time....To me music by MSV is only music!!! Don't know about others, but simply don't care also!!!)

What is MSV's music to anyone is left to the individual's perception. I respect to that sentiment and expect the same from you also.

Since you say that there is nothing wrong from your end but which I do not feel so, it shows that there is no meeting point between us.

Let it be. I will continue to write what I feel is genuinely correct.

I also don't care.

N Y Murali
Vatsan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Resp. Reply with quote

NYM.....please use this forum to collect info w.r.t tracing MSV's musical career. Open up a new thread if required.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear msvpriyan,Vatsan, Prof Raman, Parthavi,
Thanks for your views and I respect all your sentiments. You can be assured that there would be no more posting from me with respect to this subject and I regret for what ever the harm that it would have created for all the MSV rasigas.

I once again deeply express my regret in this regard. I treat this subject as closed.

Thanks.

N Y Murali
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: PEACE IS DECLARED Reply with quote

Dear All,

First of all my intention was not to hurt anyone's sentiments about MSV as it is the most sensitive topic for me also on which I literally become volatile...

I only wanted to effectively communicate that there are more of emotional, lyrical aspect to HIS music than anything else. When this core aspect of this creative genius was given a go by, I couldn't digest it. After all, I have also seen many others pouring their emotional outbursts in our forum and I don't find anything wrong with it as more one suppresses his / her emotions, then it ain't gonna do anything better.

I would also make it clear that at no point of time in my life have I ever embarked on taking advantage of my proximity to MSV or claimed ownership of msvtimes.com as wrongly alleged by Murali which I feel was stooping to very low levels of writing. I know the kind of hard work I have put in to get this site up & I needn't prove it to anyone either....

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

As an ardent MSV fan, i have come across several of his rasikas getting engaged in analysing his work. Every rasika has his own way of admiring MSV and all us should know to respect that.

Let all of us contribute for the noble objective of propgating the great works of SHRI MSV. I have met many friends in our forum , having great talent for taking the website to greater heights.

SHRI MSV rolled out several melodies , offering peace and tranqaulity to his rasiaks. Let us desist from vitiating atmosphere and enjoy the works of MSV.

V SIVASANKARAN
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am sure the issue is presently put to rest .however i would like to upload srikumar's feelings (his mail is copied ),as his may be representative of many

Dear Mr.Vijay

Since I am not able to give my reply in the site for the thread that is being rolled over for the past two days, I request you to cover my foll msg in that thread.

1. We all must know one thing. HIS music is exclusively for hearing and having enjoyment over it. Sometimes, to relax our mind and reduce our work pressure.

2. Since we lead our present life with lot of pressure, emotion, and we face many problems in day to day life, we have very often meetings to enchant and share our happy feelings only.

3. Msvtime.com site is a big platform wherein we can express this and expect others feeling throughout the world. Hence, it has to be properly used.

4. We can think, plan and execute for the development of site. More number of songs are to be uploaded in it.

5. We can invite people who are well versed and capable of taking it to the highest level for the benefits of everyone

6. People using the site should have a happy feeling to attend all programme (atleast twice in a year) by making valuable contribution. For this, there should not be unwarranted and unhealthy postings. Instead, people may courteously be asked to co-operate for this and see that our aim is achieved and it is maintained perennially.

best regards

un quote
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear folks

i waited for the emotions to subside , so now the brain can rule over the heart.

1.MSV times.com is Mini india (unity in diversity )so there is a space for every one .
2. all of us have one motto ""PRAISE MSV'',while doing so every one has own way of sharing his experience/encounter with MSV compositions the way he knows better ,and the way he can express the better .
3.As long as the postings do not hurt sentiments ,of others ,every one can choose their own way
4.its pathetic that two ardent devotees of the master indulged clash i n most unfortunate way ,doing in public
5.i endorse MSV priyan view that there should be certain boundaries each one should self impose while dealing in forum.and we should bring into force immediately .
6.we valued everyone's freedom of expressions but now the question may arise whether its worth it
7.now we have learnt a lesson and being all of us matured enough to understand and correct ourselves .
8.dear mr vaithy &Murali -My request to both is to forget who started what ,since both of you hurt other's feelings, it divine to express your sincere apologies and look forward .
9. None of us waiting here for any one to prove a point , but to have MSv experience .
so whatever way you can enhance pls do , but not by testing each one's guile's of writting (or should i say agressive writting )

Both bose and gandhi could survive in this country similarly both vaithy and murali can live for the benefit of the association

(i am sure i will not get a brick bat at the comparison)

bet regards
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: REPEAT POST Reply with quote

Dear All,

Have removed the repeat post...

vaidymsv

Last edited by vaidymsv on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Vaidy Sir,

You are very clever in diverting the attention to funding !!

You are saying that your posts are not to offend anyone. Just thought of bringing to your notice , your earlier post on a thread :

http://msvtimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13583&highlight=#13583

Dear All,

As I had written in my earlier posting, majority of the songs tuned by this Master Creator has no binding on any Raaga as is evident. For decades, Shri. MSV has been spontaneously rolling out melody after melody based on the Bhaava or as the situation in the movie demanded. So, an analysis of HIS song based on Raaga beats the very purpose as none of the songs have been deliberately tuned on the basis of a Raaga. If at all MSV does, then he will ensure complete dharma on the prayogam of a raaga. Having said this, the very discussion of HIS songs more tilted towards a classical base is something that may not be relished by many.

For example, Santoor Legend, Late Pandit Visweshwaran narrated this incident to me. Once after a recording when MSV wanted to know on what Raaga base that particular song was tuned.....Viswesh said......sir neega tune pottu record panniachu...appuram intha aaraichiyellam ethukku, viswa raagam-nu vena vachukongo!!! This is precisely where people like me fit in.....We like the song in its absolute totality. May be we are not literate on the classical side but to analyse everything on a scale of Raaga doesn't comfort people like me...On the contrary, I am inclined to believe that probably the "elite" want to let others know as to how proficient they are.... This is my humble submission and need not be treated as a writing from a "Raaga" basher and no offence meant above all. After all, I also adore classical music. But when it comes to film music where creativity is put to its ultimate tests & levels, then the research of a "raaga" may not be necessary at all. We also know how other MDs have been virtually using many Raagas without any innovation and may be these can be discussed on a different thread.... But, when it comes to MSV, then it's only innovation & nothing but more innovation dotted in every inch of a song!!!

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Just wish to know why you have passed such a comment below :

On the contrary, I am inclined to believe that probably the "elite" want to let others know as to how proficient they are....

Frankly, the way you have been posting, they give an impression that you are dictating terms of writing here !

If you have any other rational explanation to the above comments of yours, I will withdraw my comments .

Alternatively, you may learn how to post from people like Mr.Ramki who is also a co-founder of MSV times. Look how matured he is !

NYM , Pls don’t refrain from writing the way you are. I am one of your many ardened followers and have learnt a lot through you. You need not stop just because of Vaidy Sir.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: