"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Manidhan enbavan DheivamAgalAm'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: 'Manidhan enbavan DheivamAgalAm' Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
A few of our forum friends keep on asking me as to why I do not write these days. While I have no convincing answers, I do not find any demanding situations either. I am sure, all posts are read; Yes, only read and nothing more ! So, why abrogate the other man's time has been a strong incentive for my silence. Why should I break it now is --the abrupt disappearance of TKR and PBS as if for a performance on a celestial podium organized by the ultimate.

Certainly a void has descended even on inconsequential members like me and I shudder to think of MSV's plight , having lost the ones dear to him. But, GOD has bestowed on MSV all the ingredients of stoic 'tide over' for his own sustenance. Of the varied numbers churned out by MSV/ MSV-TKR through PBS, I choose this number for its total relevance to the life-situations ; especially for MSV the central character who seems to have stood by every syllable of this grand lyric from that Great Poet =kaNNadAsan.

In posterity, the lyric looks an exceptional piece for its spelling out the grammar of defining the elements of achieving "Divine dimensions" even in human form.

This song at once presents a picture of grand confluence of the 'Greats' of Tamil moviedom of mid 1960s. Yes- look at the formidable combination of Kavi Arasu, Mellisai Mannargal, PBS in charge of the dept. of music while the movie-maker KOVAI Chezhiyan was himself a symbol of friendship cutting across party lines; what to say of the Cinematographers Vincent- Sundaram who etched this lasting image in B&W for none other than Sridar- a tremendous crowd puller those days.

MSV's oft-repeated" team work" receives its richest relevance in this song. How can one ignore the grandeur of Gemini Ganesan-the kAdhal mannan who winds up his kAdhal in this movie?
So many greats have come together as fitting examples for the lyric itself. Of them, the lyric seems to fit MSV the most. How?
Please wait for further write-ups.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

Not only me, many friends in the forum read your insightful posting with great interst. Passing away of PBS and TKR who played a stellar role in this song is very sad.

MSV had the unique distinction of having all songs hit in a movie. Creative genius was able to do this with alarming consistency for decades.

Looking forward to your valuable postings.

V SIVASANKARAN
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

A very timely and meticulous selection by you Sir . Hats off Very Happy Through this, you have covered all the legends including the 2 greats PBS and TKR ( Kavignar is omnipresent as ever ! ). Sound start. Eager to see many more gems from you covering PBS- TKR-Kavignar.

And you have one more from the same movie !

I also recollect the exchanges we had earlier as regards this song is motivational or philosophical !
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,
Yes, how very carefully you have brought out the essence. The lyrics aptly fits our master. Your description of the confluence of great figures in this film/song fits the theme more beautifully. Team work is clearly evident in such golden songs. It is by constant reminders from the writings of stalwarts like you that keep us all going and draw us to the website more and more. And every time, there is some new aspect that you bring out to enlighten us!
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: