"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV songs in other other languages
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gragavan
The Ardent


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: MSV songs in other other languages Reply with quote

I would like to discuss about our great composer M.S.Viswanathan's contributions in other languages like Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada. There are plenty of wonderful songs which Tamil speaking crowd is not aware of. Hope this thread helps to unearth those rare gems.

thanks,
GiRa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gragavan
The Ardent


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koradal kul kulukulu theese....
Music - MSV
Singer - SPB
Movie - Chilakamma Cheppindi

http://youtu.be/y4-fby1IOkA

Please listen to this fabulous song sung by S.P.Balasubramaniam. This song is from the Telugu movie "Chilakamma Cheppindi". The song sounds familar and the situation too.

Nandi awarded movie "Chilakamma Cheppindi" was remade in Tamil. Our great MSV composed the songs for Tamil movie also. But the tune is very different. But with different tune, he brought out the same mood with similar orchestration.

Can anybody guess the tamil equivalent of this song? Smile

regards,
GiRa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
V Sivasankaran
The Ardent


Joined: 13 Nov 2008
Posts: 150

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Raghavan,

Your efforts to unearth Songs of MSv from other languages is laudable. Iam listening this song for first time and a great performance from Shri Msv and Spb.

I think the tamil song is Kamban emanthan. Looking forward to Know more Msv songs from other languages.

V Sivasankaran
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RENGASAMY
Enthusiant


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 71

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Siva

I think you are right. The tamil version should be Kamban Emanthan.

If we are wrong, some one can correct us.

krs

V Sivasankaran wrote:
Dear Mr. Raghavan,

Your efforts to unearth Songs of MSv from other languages is laudable. Iam listening this song for first time and a great performance from Shri Msv and Spb.

I think the tamil song is Kamban emanthan. Looking forward to Know more Msv songs from other languages.

V Sivasankaran
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RENGASAMY
Enthusiant


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 71

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear MR. Siva

I think you are right. The tamil version should be Kamban Emanthan. If we are worng, some one can correct us.

Regards
krs
V Sivasankaran wrote:
Dear Mr. Raghavan,

Your efforts to unearth Songs of MSv from other languages is laudable. Iam listening this song for first time and a great performance from Shri Msv and Spb.

I think the tamil song is Kamban emanthan. Looking forward to Know more Msv songs from other languages.

V Sivasankaran
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gragavan
The Ardent


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V Sivasankaran wrote:
Dear Mr. Raghavan,

Your efforts to unearth Songs of MSv from other languages is laudable. Iam listening this song for first time and a great performance from Shri Msv and Spb.

I think the tamil song is Kamban emanthan. Looking forward to Know more Msv songs from other languages.

V Sivasankaran


Yes. Mr.Siva. This song is the telugu version of Kamban Yemanthan from Nizhal Nijamagirathu. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gragavan
The Ardent


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more song... but it is from Malayalam this time.

Song - Valluvam Naatile
Lyrics - Mankombu Gopalakrishnan
Singer - P.Suseela
Music - M.S.Viswanathan
Movie - Babumon

http://youtu.be/yqSDYLhNvt8

This wonderful song might remind a devotional song by MSV. That song was also sung by P.Suseela.

But this movie(Babumon) was a remake of a Tamil movie. Again... MSV came up with completly new tunes. All the songs in this movie are good.

Can anybody guess the Tamil equivalent of this song?

regards,
GiRa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
parthavi
Philiac


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 702
Location: Chennai

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This film looks like the remake of Ramu. this song is the equuivalent of 'muththuchchippi mella mellap piranthu varum,' another extraordinary song.
_________________
P Rengaswami (9381409380)
MSV, Un isai kettaal puvi asainthaadum, idhu iraivan arul aagum.
http://msv-music.blogspot.in/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
gragavan
The Ardent


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parthavi wrote:
This film looks like the remake of Ramu. this song is the equuivalent of 'muththuchchippi mella mellap piranthu varum,' another extraordinary song.


Yes sir. Wonderful. You are perfectly right. This song is for the same "Muthuchippi Mella Mella Thirandhu Varum" situation.

regards,
GiRa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gragavan
The Ardent


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next one is a super hit song from Kannada. Please read through the comments of Kannada listeners about song. It is bliss.

http://youtu.be/rkWbXhVtd84
Movie - Iradu Rekhegalu
Singers - P.Suseela and Vani Jayaram
Music - M.S.Viswanathan

It is very easy to identify the tamil version of this song. But MSV wasnt the composer in Tamil. But when the same situation came to him.. our great MSV added a different dimension to the song. It is true.

regards,
GiRa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gragavan
The Ardent


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gragavan wrote:
Next one is a super hit song from Kannada. Please read through the comments of Kannada listeners about song. It is bliss.

http://youtu.be/rkWbXhVtd84
Movie - Iradu Rekhegalu
Singers - P.Suseela and Vani Jayaram
Music - M.S.Viswanathan

It is very easy to identify the tamil version of this song. But MSV wasnt the composer in Tamil. But when the same situation came to him.. our great MSV added a different dimension to the song. It is true.

regards,
GiRa


Iradu rekhegalu was remake of Iru Kodugal by K.Balachandar. KB directed it in Kannada also. V.Kumar scored music for Iru Kodugal. But it was MSV who composed for Iradu Rekhegalu.

The movie and songs are very popular in Kannada world even today.

Neela Megha Shyama.. Nithyananda Dhama...

P.Suseela and Vani Jeyaram sang wonderfully.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gragavan
The Ardent


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are back with a Telugu song sung by L.R.Eswari. It is a super hit song in Telugu. Sannajojulo... kannimojulo... grand cabaret song

http://youtu.be/ZXftXzi7HPI#t=2m15s

the grand orchestration and arrangements are mind blowing. If you listen carefully, you might be able to recognize a famous tamil song. Or you know it already.

In tamil, the song was a male duet. That is the clue to find the song. Hope you will identify the song. Smile

regards,
GiRa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gragavan
The Ardent


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gragavan wrote:
We are back with a Telugu song sung by L.R.Eswari. It is a super hit song in Telugu. Sannajojulo... kannimojulo... grand cabaret song

http://youtu.be/ZXftXzi7HPI#t=2m15s

the grand orchestration and arrangements are mind blowing. If you listen carefully, you might be able to recognize a famous tamil song. Or you know it already.

In tamil, the song was a male duet. That is the clue to find the song. Hope you will identify the song. Smile

regards,
GiRa


Tamil version of this Telugu song is very different. It is a male duet from Imayam. Sakthi Ennada... Un Bhuthi Ennada... sung by TMS and SPB. Such a song has been converted in to a cabaret. Creative work by MSV.

regards,
GiRa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gragavan
The Ardent


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the top favourite Telugu songs by Thirai Isai Chakaravarthy M.S.Viswanathan.

http://youtu.be/NcWIJmD2rNw

P.Suseela simply marvelled in this song also as usual. Especially when singing "Mana Idarini Jada Koorchinadhi".

The song is from famous "Maro Charithra". Lyrics was by Acharya Aathreya.

In 2010, the movie was remade in Telugu. Music was handled by Mickey J Meyer. Please listen to the remixed version and understand how the new song falls flat without any emotions and musical value.
http://www.telugulyricsworld.com/2013/05/ye-teega-puvvuno-lyrics-maro-charitra.html

The same song was reused by M.S.V in a Tamil movie too. Can anybody recall? Clue - Vani Jayaram and SPB sang the song.

regards,
GiRa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gragavan
The Ardent


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Famous "Ye Theega Poovuno" became "Puthu Manjal Meni Chittu" in Rudra Thandavam.

http://youtu.be/TQY1SkFpvp0

In Thamiz Vani Jayaram and SPB made the song mesmerising.

regards,
GiRa

gragavan wrote:
This is one of the top favourite Telugu songs by Thirai Isai Chakaravarthy M.S.Viswanathan.

http://youtu.be/NcWIJmD2rNw

P.Suseela simply marvelled in this song also as usual. Especially when singing "Mana Idarini Jada Koorchinadhi".

The song is from famous "Maro Charithra". Lyrics was by Acharya Aathreya.

In 2010, the movie was remade in Telugu. Music was handled by Mickey J Meyer. Please listen to the remixed version and understand how the new song falls flat without any emotions and musical value.
http://www.telugulyricsworld.com/2013/05/ye-teega-puvvuno-lyrics-maro-charitra.html

The same song was reused by M.S.V in a Tamil movie too. Can anybody recall? Clue - Vani Jayaram and SPB sang the song.

regards,
GiRa
[url][/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group