"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7th Anniversary celebrations - coverage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parthavi wrote:
Dear VK,

I never said that raising funds is easy. I am only emphasizing the need to put a long term arrangement in place. I recalled an arrangement suggested earlier but not tried upon in a serious way. As a small contributor, I should not be saying too much on the subject. But I feel it is possible to enroll a sizable number of contributing members by spreading the message using the power of the net. I honestly feel that we should not again find ourselves in a situation of raising funds just before the program with great difficulty through the hectic efforts of a few people.

dear Parthavi what i was trying to say is there are not many people who are serious when it comes to funding - small or big no matter , its the question of one's participation which is lacking . while saying so , i should admit that this year it has been better and more new faces are coming in , and the future seems to be better with all your support .

dear parthavi - you (and every one)have/ has a right to suggest how well we can execute to reach our task -contribution is not the only criteria .

so pls keep yourself in guiding us and at later point to be part of the trust as originally discussed -thanks
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N Y MURALI wrote:
Dear VK,
You deserve a special appreciation from me for selecting Mr. Sampath as a recipient of our award for this year. I saw the video recorded in my camera and watched his 'from the heart speech'. Completely felled by his rare information.

Plus that also led me to hear the song 'pesuvadhu kilaya'. Was bamboozed to hear the two interludes in which Mangalamurthy's accordion and the violins counter each other and create havoc. I did not count, but would have heard again and again more than 100 times only those 2 interludes leaving others by switching with the help of the timer.

After hearing for many years, today I realized that I was wrong in assuming that both the interludes were same. Though a casual hearing could make that feeling, a careful hearing will reveal that in the first interlude it is the accordion which takes the lead and the violins counter it. Whereas in the second interlude it is the violins which take the lead and the accordion counter them. In the second interlude, there is a subtle finishing touch given by Mangalamurthy in his accordion while finishing those counter melody pieces which is then followed by Flute. Of course the counter melody pieces and the flute are separated by Philips' guitar strumming.

That those two interludes are different from each other is a revelation for me. Thanks once again, but at the same time you must also take my friendly curses because it completely made my day's official work upside down. But still I managed to finish my work.

N Y Murali

dear murali

i should thank the team which readily accepted my proposal . i am really happy it really clicked , because vatsan ,siva , and myself were little reserved about his work on stage and as a back up plan only we brought in Mr shyam ,to be honest . but as happened , both mr shyam and mr sampath , took the programme to dizzy heights . this gives me more courage to go for similar as interaction programme .
pls see separate posting on this .

re friendly blaming -i am happy because ,or my family had same grouse against MSV as my studies were spoiled because my constant hook up to radio . but they realised recently , inspite of all pressures/down falls i had i still donot have BP the main reason is MSV and his creations , together with madurai mani and madurai somu and MS .

friendly warnings we still to hear a great amount from other VIPs sooner ,so plan yr work little better there will be more diversions take care !!!!
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK sir,
First of all, I must thank you for your continued efforts in making the information reach so many. I was reminded by your SMS messages and was so happy to receive such good news about the programme. It was this effort, plus the kind words from many forum friends like Professor, Ramki sir, Murali sir (and a few others) that drew me out from Hyderabad. Such a sustained effort and similar approach from many of us would definitely attract many more MSV lovers every time.

The programme was conducted really nicely. I have attended such functions earlier in my student life. But, no such function could have boasted a hero of the show worthy of grand adoration, love, respect and worship as our MM. I must confess, the mood was devotional of sorts on that evening. This was my first meeting of many of our forum friends, but I felt at home. Starting with the prayers behind the stage, enthusiastic stage arrangements, excellent description of songs by Mr.Vatsan, personal attention to all dignitaries and even to those attending the function, ...this function was purely self-motivated and fueled only by the love for MM.

The most attractive feature was the selection of songs! Who could have thought of such melodies (forgotten by the world) from our Master!! Many of those gems, deeply hidden in our hearts, were heard once again!

The anxious moments of meeting MM and Tabla Prasad, and later seeing him play, made my life worthy. Thanks all for these opportunities!

Due credit to the music troupe playing such lovely numbers, in spite of their shortcomings in some songs.

In spite of the late hours or fear of missing the last bus to my native place, I sat till the last song. You do not get such a chance to hear such songs always (I still missed the last bus...Thanks Murali Sir to help me get dropped by Mr.Srikumar at Koyambedu, and for your kind enquiries about my safety next morning)!

Thanks one and all! It was a nice get together eventhough I could not converse much with many of our forum members. At least I had the chance to see many of the stalwarts!

The efforts of the core crew and all others who contributed directly or indirectly, deserve grand appreciation. A selfless effort from all of you...

Looking forward to such meetings again,
Sai Saravanan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sai
The real success of the programme goes to masters capacity to draw people from hyd and blr just for this programme .ideally we should thank you for coming for this programme .such unadultered love and passion not only motivate enthuse us , but also brings in pressure to do a good job .definitely the trust will try to fulfill expectations aspirations of thousands of msv fans .we really strive hard to match the quality and perfection of masters work . one day we will as you could have seen posting at different place we are planning for meeting with legends and a birthday special on 24/6 for that only re lauch of thrilling thematic tunes is tentatively fixed provided we can get good quality record
Thanks and regds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: