"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking your help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Seeking your help Reply with quote

Dear Friends
You may have noticed that my postings appear in English.Not that I am an English fanatic. I am unable to type out the message in Tamil in my computer. Kindly enlighten me on the following doubts of mine.
1 Should I install a specific SW for scripting in Tamil.

2. Should typing be done in a specific format Say MS office or any other prescribed recipient.

3. Post-typing , how to transfer the matter to that forum page of ours , where it should appear.

4. Kindly, keep in mind that I handle computer by basic familiarity and not by appropriate training. So, simple ,step-wise suggestion would help me in making statements in Tamil. Please do not fear the onslaught of mine in Tamil. My only desire is to appear in greater clarity.

Hope someone comes to my rescue. If you desire sending a mail across please note maduraman@rediffmail.com [ in my mail ID 'h' is not used].

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards K.Raman Madurai
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Prof

not that i am an expert with Tamizh writing in forum , but would like to share how i do

i do it through Yahoo transliteration
if you go to google search you will get this and in the window you select the language as tamil, and start typing in english with phonetic sound

for example ms viswanthan will be typed as Em ES VIswanathan
vijayakrishnan would be typed as vijayakirushnan

but you will e used to it soon

enjoy

you may get better suggestions from parthavi , ram, murali who write more often in tamizh
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof,

The term 'not an expert' applies to me too. I do the Tamil typing thro G-Mail. I open my G-Mail account and start composing, opting for Tamil language. After trying out many sources, I have found G-Mail to be the best and easiest (same method of typing to be used as explained by VK). Once you finish typing, just copy the text and paste it into our Forum.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof,
I use this website
http://code.google.com/p/english-to-tamil-live-typewriter/

You can type in English on the left. The Tamil fonts will appear on the right. You can just select and copy using the right click of your mouse and paste it in the form.

A few hints.

For ராம், you may type raam or rAm
For ஈ, type ii
For ஏ, type ee
For ஓ, type oo
For ஔ type au
For ற, type Ra
For ள, type La
For ங, type nga
For ங்க, type ngga or ngka
For ஞ, type nja
For ஞ்ச, type njcha
For ழ, type za
For ந, type wa
For ஃ, type q
For ஸ, type S (sa will transliterate into ச)
For ஸ்ரீ, type sri or Srii (Sri will give ஸ்ரி)

The instructions are given in the webpage itself.
You will learn some other nuances, once you start using it.

It is better to copy and paste after typing a few lines, so that you will not lose what you have typed, since you can't save anything here.
You can save by pasting the matter to a wordpad file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: