"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What makes MSV pleasantly different? - II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: What makes MSV pleasantly different? - II Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

Despite my limitations in right assessment of music in general and that of Shri.MSV in specific, I deem it fit to share my perceptions of MM as a composer -par excellence.
The role of MDs to movies is as complex as that of the movie Director, as the two have register the idea through music and visual respectively. Only when the two match the requirement, the movie scene proves vital to the success of the movie. A number of Tfs have had the immaculate blend of the two leading to phenomenal success.
On the contrary brilliant numbers have been choked to death by clumsy picturisation.
Realizing the 'need to be a perfect mutual foil' MSV has had the broadest mind to sit with even Directors on debut before composing. It is from this scratch that MSV has built his empire of a music-world rich by variety, range and supremacy of elegance. Without recognizing the all-important domain of co-ordination, later arrivals only managed disjoint and isolated presentation which unfailingly failed to impress as a movie product.

Having said that, it leads us to the next component like a session of discussion with the movie maker, lyricist and MD who would together conceive an idea for expression through each one's medium- say- lyric/ music / visual. I remember having read that even cinematographers would join the session to clearly lay out the 'effort of going about'. Though inconvenient to we the fans of MSV to locate the nuances of imagination in a music composition, MSV's standard expression 'TEAM WORK' is honest in concept and genuine in acknowledgement.

What glooms us is the chosen silence of MSV in not telling us as to how he planned an item. Even on that point, of late , I have come to recognize MSV for his instant and Divine musical response which can never be laid bare by even exceptionally articulate expressions.

Also, it is[ the whole ambit of his composition] a response which cannot be explained. Any response is an impulsive expression of emotion; being an emotion from the soul, words may convey just a pale shadow of 'what it is or was'.
None the less, freedom is ours to look at his styles of approach, though our perceptions need not reflect the reality. Without getting into a realm of acrimony, it should be possible to locate the key elements of his approach all of which may be collectively termed EMBELLISHMENT. To me, MSV has innumerable strategies up his sleeves which descend to his help only to carry his musical presentaion and journey by an effortless ascension.
Let us try categorizing some such with the cautious note that these are mere surmises based personal feel and not any scientific analysis. It is not possible too since MS V is at plane where emotion rules high leaving science and analysis far behind.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: