"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A song composed and dedicated to MSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: A song composed and dedicated to MSV Reply with quote

I am giving below the link for a song that was composed by Mr. Srinivas (singer) and sung by MSV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppw-dj01gEg
msvramki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Murali, for the wonderful link !

Very interesting to see our Master in full form but still humble checking up 'Is it ok ?' with Srini. What a great man he is !!

Long live Sri MSV !!!

Ramki
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: VOICE OF PLANET EARTH Reply with quote

Hi Murali,

Thanks for the link. Voice of planet Earth in action again... Even at this age look at the way how MSV is rendering. Really missing the days of HIS composing & recording. I am not sure how many projects he has on hand (or if at all any!!!) as ever since the passing away of Mrs. Janaki MSV, a vaccum has been created by some people whom I don't even want to name for obvious reasons. Who cares, MSV literally lives in our hearts and in every cell of our body. Not even a second passes by without thinking of him....Greatest musical wonder of this world going stronger and stronger by the day...

Great to see Patrick Rozario (and the accordion!!!) - one of the very few players left in the industry on the Accordion.....

CHEERS TO YOU MSV......KEEP IT GOING FOR THE SAKE OF ALL OF US....WE WILL BREATH YOUR MUSIC TILL OUR LAST BREATH!!!

CHEERS

MSV
IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ramki, Vaidy.
I recall the song 'athan en athan' played by Patrick during the whistle programme.

In this song I am very curious to find out the 2nd interlude, played by Patrick. It has the MSV touch all the way. I showed it to Lakshmi. She is damn sure that it would be MSV for that piece at least. She says nobody other than MSV could have gone so far away from the melody and could have come back seamlessly the way it was played by Patrick.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Murali and VK (for the comments on youtube) sirs,
Thank you very much to have shown the song to all of us. No words to describe the joy of seeing the recording and of course the comments to check if the composer is satisfied! How he sings, what a throw! Evergreen and as youthful as ever!
All the preceding comments by our senior members aptly sum up all our actual emotions so nicely.
Thanks to all those good people who made this happen. Waiting for more...
Sai Saravanan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear sai

this song has become a subrabatham like tome,since last sunday , i am listening tjis every day .. HE IS AMAZING ,

i congratulated him and said the song has come out well he simply smiled and said - APPADIYA . and additional info i got was srinivas was with him as assistant for some months .
i will try and get srinivas and sristi feelings soon
meanwhile a small teaser

here are a few points on this song
Mellisai Mannar MSV and the young lad Srisha, have teamed-up for a song, you would rather say ‘it’s a conversation between a naughty girl and her grandpa’. The team has architected the song as a tribute to The Mellisai Mannar for his contributions to the world of Music over the past six decades.

first teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLdhkhPPHUGk9mnv9FOZhjsZnJjdc3VSSq&v=vUN6mlWorqI&feature=player_embedded
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vk1959 wrote:
dear sai

this song has become a subrabatham like tome,since last sunday , i am listening tjis every day .. HE IS AMAZING ,

i congratulated him and said the song has come out well he simply smiled and said - APPADIYA . and additional info i got was srinivas was with him as assistant for some months .
i will try and get srinivas and sristi feelings soon
meanwhile a small teaser

here are a few points on this song
Mellisai Mannar MSV and the young lad Srisha, have teamed-up for a song, you would rather say ‘it’s a conversation between a naughty girl and her grandpa’. The team has architected the song as a tribute to The Mellisai Mannar for his contributions to the world of Music over the past six decades.

first teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLdhkhPPHUGk9mnv9FOZhjsZnJjdc3VSSq&v=vUN6mlWorqI&feature=player_embedded

Well. VIjay I have become mad for this song and as usual I wanted to to relive the moments myself of the composing and recording. And I just tried the same in my keyboard. One will have to give credit to Srinivas for composing the way keeping the melody aspects of MSV of the 60s and yet the harmonium or Keyboard key moments are different from MSV except for the accordion piece played by Patrick before 2nd charanam.

That has the MSV stamp all the way. I do not know what happened at the time of recording. A similar type of melody flow I found in 'addada enna azhagu' pallavi phrase. A typical MSV way of going away from the main melody to the unexplored territories and coming back seamlessly.

Is that had been implemented by MSV? That is what I am curious about. But if that is not then that clearly had the MSV's inspiration.

That piece was played amazingly by Patrick. Hats off to him. My longing for the accordion which is ignored after MSV was relieved by this piece.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Murali

will get the details of the happenings , i have also asked for full vedeo -let me see whether i can havce , trying to reach srini .hope fully we will have more info fromhim soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: