"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARTICLE GROSSLY ERRED...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: ARTICLE GROSSLY ERRED... Reply with quote

Dear All,

Amidst the flurry of various articles being published in all leading Tamizh & English dailies in glorifying the Legendary Music Creator M.S. Viswanathan ever since his demise last week, the article published in the Hindu (July 17, 2015) written by Geetha Venkataramanan was grossly erred. While I have no clue as of today as to where this author picked up certain information on her favourite from MSV’s incredible range, lacked credibility in itself to say the least.

The various songs she had listed out in her elaborate article has a lot of wrong information. The songs listed out under "For fun & riot" – Sedhi Ketto was set to score by V. Kumar for the film Ethir Neechal. Songs listed out under "Prose-poetry" – Avala Sonnal….Namba Mudiavillai, (though I feel like singing this very line to the author herself, as I don’t believe that a century old news daily synonym with the daily routines of the people of Chennai could have erred so blatantly!) is by K.V. Mahadevan from the film Selvam, Punnagai Mannan Poovizhi Kannan listed under "Situation" is by V. Kumar from Iru Kogugal. Neeyillatha Ulagathile listed under "Haunting" is by G. Ramanathan from the film Deivathin Deivam!

There are millions of rasikas spread across the globe for this greatest composer MSV and apart from listening to his songs, this is a highly knowledgeable crowd that also possesses in depth information of every statistics concerning him besides his musical nuances. The article published today really hurts rasikas like us who have been devotees of this legend for decades, simply for the reason that his music instantly stirs our souls. While our intention is definitely not to demean anyone in the musical fraternity or the print media, articles carrying wrong information shall also be brought to the notice of the Editor of the Hindu as responsible readers. The least I expected in the following days was a suitable errata and it pains us even more that no steps were taken to publish this also.

Shri. MSV has been a colossus in the Indian film music industry spanning more than 6 decades and there are no composers in the South who haven’t been influenced by this Creator par excellence. That being the credibility of this genius who has become an integral part of the people of Tamil Nadu, care ought to have been taken while publishing such articles. Will the error ever be regretted??

May I also ask, would they ever dare to err on someone else like this???

Disgruntled I remain.....

VaidyMSV

madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Articles and writings Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vaidy,
I avoid writing these days for more than one reason.
Yet, I choose to write impelled by the urge emanating form your write-up

on an article 'credited' to a woman. I would like to share some perceptions

of mine from the number of items you have identified in pinpointing the

gross negligence [or shall we call it callous indifference to facts?].

Be that as it may.

Anyone who has lent his[or her] ears to MSV compositions would fall flat

for his wizardry of infusing melody and harmony. This is exactly the

combination of features on which MSV is CLEARLY THE TALLEST IN THE

GAME. In fact any TRUE ADMIRER of MSV can NEVER BE FOXED INTO

JUDGING NON-MSV compositions as those of MSV. Even in the least

popular compositions of MSV there is always a sober element of elevating

a song to its status of respect by its very assemblage and presentation.

PRESENTATION OF A SONG IS A GAME BY ITSELF AND MSV HOLDS THE

PATENT UNMISTAKABLY.

As is known, I do not stake claims of knowledge on music.

But, certainly I can draw inferences from a composition to its worthiness

or otherwise. I proudly record HERE AND NOW that my ability to recognize cxertain movie songs as pieces worthy of preservation for all time to come

has been acquired through my long years of listening to MSV.

Putting together, these 'cultivabilities' in any listener can simply render

one's ability to discern MSV from any crowd with consummate ease.

If so people who care little for quality can seldom deliver justice. If

ascribing MSV's work to someone else is a crime, thrusting some non-MSV

numbers on to him merely because [s]he has a liking for those is insulting

the creator beyond limits. It is my pain that speaks here. Pardon me if I

sound harsh.

Regards
K.Raman Madurai
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Articles and writings Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vaidy,
I avoid writing these days for more than one reason.

Yet, I choose to write impelled by the urge emanating form your write-up

on an article 'credited' to a woman. I would like to share some perceptions

of mine from the number of items you have identified in pinpointing the

gross negligence [or shall we call it callous indifference to facts?]of the

author.

Be that as it may.

Anyone who has lent his[or her] ears to MSV compositions would fall flat

for his wizardry of infusing melody and harmony. This is exactly the

combination of features on which MSV is CLEARLY THE TALLEST IN THE

GAME. In fact any TRUE ADMIRER of MSV can NEVER BE FOXED INTO

JUDGING NON-MSV compositions as those of MSV. Even in the least

popular compositions of MSV there is always a sober element of elevating

a song to its status of respect by its very assemblage and presentation.

PRESENTATION OF A SONG IS A GAME BY ITSELF AND MSV HOLDS THE

PATENT UNMISTAKABLY.

As is known, I do not stake claims of knowledge on music.

But, certainly I can draw inferences from a composition to its worthiness

or otherwise. I proudly record HERE AND NOW that my ability to recognize

cxertain movie songs as pieces worthy of preservation for all time to come

has been acquired through my long years of listening to MSV.

Putting together, these 'cultivabilities' in any listener can simply render

one's ability to discern MSV from any crowd with consummate ease.

If so people who care little for quality/ facts can seldom deliver justice. If

ascribing MSV's work to someone else is a crime, thrusting some non-MSV

numbers on to him merely because [s]he has a liking for those is insulting

the creator beyond limits. It is my pain that speaks here. Pardon me if I

sound harsh.

Regards
K.Raman Madurai
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof Raman,

Though it is not new for us to see these vested interests suddenly launching themselves out of the blue to indulge in paying enchomiums, this article written by this author lacked even the very basics of her profession - factual, proper reporting! It also appeared to me that, may be she didn't want to lag behind the others who were offering their tributes page after page. As you had rightly pointed out, for die-hard fans of this Greatest Musical Phenomenon MSV to which we proudly belong, this poor reporting was simply hard to digest indeed! Utmost care is also taken by the same people while writing about others as otherwise their offices would be floodded with more of legal notices than letters to the editor!!

Even the customary publishing of errata hasn't been carried out as of this moment I am registering my p(r)o(te)st here. I really would like to question these people as to what did MSV do to even deprive himself of a report that carried all the wrong information and yet deny him the official errata that he respectfully deserves in every sense??

On the contrary, I wish to inform all MSVians, that had I mentioned this to him (if he were to be alive), he would have only felt very happy about the creations of V.Kumar, K.V. Mahadevan & G.Ramanathan mentioned along by his side.

The most hurting part is to such a fine human being, this reputed daily not only rendered disservice but the millions of fans spread across this globe were forced to read it in utter disbelief.

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!

PRANAAMS.....

VAIDYMSV

madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Articles and writings Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vaidy,

I fully endorse your sentiments purely derived from the purity of M S V's professional perfection leading us to be his admirers [no matter how old his works are]; but I am afraid these 'half baked' writers would take cover under MSV's generosity in accepting names of KVM /V Kumar or anyone else's for being associated with his own name. Contemporary society is rich in self-seeking personalities too willing to get under any limelight in the garb of displaying affection and respect to the departed legend. It is for us to be cautious about such agencies who jump to the bandwagon with purposes of least known designs. I reiterate -MSV ADMIRERS would BE THE VERY LAST TO PAY HEED TO OR LEND CREDENCE TO ANY GIMMICK HOWEVER ORNAMENTAL THE ATTEMPTS ARE.
Thank you Regards K.Raman Madurai
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What had been written is MSV being credited with the songs composed by others .....This is somewhat justifiable with Composers like V.Kumar who indeed was a very good Musician and had produced splendid melodies.

But V.Kumar's music style is more or less like our Mannar in the sense , the melody, the orchestration and composing style....all are virtually similar and thats why some cannot distinguish his songs ...

For example : Thamarai kannangal - anybody will say instantly its MSV ! unless someone reads the title that its V.Kumar ...

Oru naal yaaro - Major Chandrakanth - Another melody classic of V.Kumar and you will find similarities with MSV style ...

Yes, I do agree that the writer should have been more careful before giving credit to another Composer ..this is basic ethic of a Writer ..

However, I have also witnessed the other extreme.... For many of MSV's songs of the 80s and late 70s, some other Composer being given credit !!! There are plenty ...to name a few - NInaithale inikkum, Kana kaanum kangal mella , Thillu mullu etc etc Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: