"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compiling information on the old classics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Compiling information on the old classics Reply with quote

Our Core team,

I have made several requests to Vaidy, Ramki and VK to frequently converse with MSV and try to extract maximum information on how the songs were composed in the formative years, 60s and 70s. However, I was informed that with MSV , it was virtually impossible due to the fact that his memory faded .
Let us atleast meet one of his erstwhile associates.
Pls explore whether this is workable- meeting an erstwhile associate every month and conduct a sort of an interview wherein we can sequentially gist the points and the Associate also can share with us some vital information so that it can become a major source for future references.

For ex : Mr.G.S.Mani gave subtle hints on 16th Aug during the Jaya tv – Endrum nammudan MSV hosted by Mr.SUdhangan. I realized that this gentleman has really some treasure worthy information on the 1960s decade. I got thrilled and also called him yesterday. He was happy to share with us all the vital information but with a condition that he is preoccupied and we may have to do it either like a programme or we need to approach him in instalments . Even yesterday he said he is going for a programme in Krishna Gana Sabha to speak on MSV and his contribution to Tamil !

GSM is a real Master whose association with MSV was during the most enchanting period – the great 60s . We need to take his appropriate time and keep on compiling notes from him and host on our website.

Similar approach we can have with :

Directors – Mukta, CVR, ACT, Vietnam Veedu SUndaram, SPM, Chitralaya Gopu
Singers – PS, VJ, SJ , LRE, SPB, KJY and others
Musicians - ( Shankar ) Ganesh , Shyam
Others – The team of musicians like Mr.Thomas etc

AVM Saravanan also can offer some inputs
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Balaji

as advised over phone this kind of interaction is long pending..

with the funds situation , only an event at a time can be planned ,
so let us cross the programme on 23/08 and we will plan this series from bovember onwards

Members can start thinking of questions .clarifications that they may need to get response from

a)Muktha srinivasan

b)Mr G S Mani

c)Mrs P suseela

to start with

thanks and bregds

vk
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi VK,

Thanks. I suggest to have a sort of continuous conversation with them so that we can get information in instalments which we can compile a book.

I feel that conducting an exclusive programme for interaction only may not have the desirable audience unless we have some music programme also added to it.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear BALAJI

Your point is well received
will discuss as we have time to formulate

bregds
vk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: