"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE REMINISCENCES EXPERIENCE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: THE REMINISCENCES EXPERIENCE Reply with quote

Dear All,

"Guitar Bala & his entire music troupe cast a mesmorising spell on those assembled at Museum Theatre on the evening of August 23, 2015", could well turn out to be a mediocre statement if one were to go by standards. Here's my take -

IT WAS REFRESHING REMINISCENCES ALL THE WAY AT THE MUSEUM THEATRE!!!

Yes. The emotionally charged people out there deserve to be credited along with Guitar Bala who pulled off a magnificient event with his soul companion - the base guitar! The conduct & the orchestration was so blemishless that many in the audience swayed to the movements of not only those songs but the guitar as well. Such was the powerful playing exhibited by Bala, who won the hearts of everyone present there.

Unmindful of the cramped space on the stage, every orchestra member performed only with one motive - to make an indelible impact on the connoisseurs of MSV out there. I must say it with absolute pride here that they succeeded in every way. My idea of choosing this venue had only one purpose, that of etching this event in platinum in the hearts of all those present. MSVTIMES.COM did it in style! Kudos to all those who were brothers in arms with me in this endeavour!

Guitar Bala - From the time the concert was conceived, Bala went into this with a renewed vigour and that was divinely evident in the rehearsals itself. At no point of time I had any doubts as the selection of the orchestra members was also done with a touch of class!

Best of the lot - Bala, the base guitarist who established a permanent "base" for himself in all our future events! Bala, you forced tears out of my eyes when you completely adorned the role of a Master Conductor in the song "Oruvar Vaazhum Aalayam". Thank you for being there for us always. You deserve a ton of Badam Halwa!!! All the other players on various other instruments played with such dedication, it was a real treat to watch you guys. Congratulations to each one of you!

Manikandan - Rechristened as "Vishwa Mani" by me who played every note of all those very tough, intricate interludes with total dedication making me an instant, ardent fan of him! The gamakas that he played out in near impossible situations were epic in every musical sense!!! Vishwa Mani, MSVTIMES.COM, loves you & me in particular...

Ganapathy Subramanian - His fingers always posed a challenge to all the cameras as four them woudln't suffice to capture his speed! The next time, we'll surely bring a high speed camera so that we can shoot his portion on slow motion! Brilliant playing indeed Ganu.

The Two Men Army - Viji on the Trombone & Jaigopi on the Trumpet! Naam ellorum "Ninaithathai (appadiyey vaasithu) Nadathi Mudithaargal!! While Viji's playing was outstanding, Jaigopi's playing was dotted with a class. Here again, this duo played with such committment, they literally took us all back to the "Brass Age" of MSV's orchestra!

Nagaraj, the beat man of MSVTIMES.COM - Here's one person who holds a season ticket to "down under" (Australia) as he is more frequent a traveller to this country than those pilots working in Quantas! An effervescent character in any musical troupe, his presence ensures absolute "rhythm"! Great playing Naga, it was a pleasure to see you always in action, that never say die attitude. I am glad that you have picked up an Australian accent now (in Tamizh)!!!

The voices of MSVTIMES.COM - THE SINGERS - Kovai Murali, inspite of a major throat ailment haunting him for the past few weeks, came & sang bearing all the pain. Kudos to you Murali...

Professor Gnanasekar - Has no looks of it though and I wonder sometimes how he is able to manage those naughty engineering college students of these days! From the time we roped in this embodiment of SPB, he was in constant touch updating me on the practices at his home town Erode. Inspite of a lot of committment, he still gave us his words and took a train in the wee hours on the morning of Aug 22, just to be present at the final rehearsals. What a great singer this man from Erode who has no ego!! Nitham, Nitham ketka vendum ungalai Gnanasekar!

Krishnaraj - A fine human being, a seasoned singer who is well respected by many in the industry and one who loves to sing in our programmes. Alternating between PBS & Dr. SG, is no joke. Though his job wasn't easy, yet he did it with so much of reverence & passion to our Master's music drawing tearful response from the audience! You are indeed a great performer Krishnaraj!

The Women Trinity - Jayshree, Usha Raj & Vijayalakshmi - You three brought in the real quadrapulets of our music world - PS, LRE, SJ & VJ right in front of our eyes with your impeccable singing! We all know how difficult it is to sing the compositions of our Legend MSV but, because of the eternal presence of our Master at the Museum Theatre (Usha Raj, this is what you had texted me, remember??), HE ensured the smooth conduct of the concert. Great team work girls!!! Keep it up!!

The Added Attraction - Innovation has always been the unique strength of MSVTIMES.COM. We certainly differ from those who conduct a concert for the sake of a few rupees & the publicity that comes with it. Though this is commercially right, yet we MSVians love doing this as the pleasure (not a self crediting exercice, as perceived by many) derived out of organising an event like this has no bounds (personally to me, don't know about others, don't wish to know also!) and one that I consider truly dotted with Divinity. Adithya Gopi (Grandson of our Legend Shri MSV), Karukurichi Arun (Grandson of Doyen of the Nadhaswaram, Vidwan Karukurichi Shri. Arunachalam) & Subhiksha Sridhar (daugher of a new age Composer, Sridhar who attaches a lot of importance to melody in all his works) contributed to the best of their ability. While Karukurichi Arun welcomed the Orchestra with his Naalaam Naalaam Thiru Naalaam on the digital piano, Aditya Gopi made all of us to sway to his Aaadavaralaam on his electric guitar tuned & set up by none other than the Guitar wizkid Sadanandam (son of Great Composer Shri. R. Sudarsanam, elder brother of Shri. R. Govardhanam, MSV's orchestra conductor for many years) followed by our latest find, this 8th grade Trinity wonder Subhiksha who impressed all of us including the conductor, Guitar Bala with the forever green Enna Enna Vaarthaigalo. It would be gross injustice if I failed to mention about Guitar Bala here - knowing pretty well that they were young aspiring musicians, Guitar Bala completely ensured freedom and allayed the fears in them by totally involving himself during the concert. There were anxious moments for these youngsters but Bala made sure that they came out with flying tunes...ooops, colours in the end!! Long live Guru Bala Gaaru!!

Radha Vijayan (son of the stunning looking Padmashree Late Shri. M. K. Radha) - My 2nd Guru next to Shri. MSV, he has been an integral part of not only me but MSVTIMES.COM as well. Mr. Radha Vijayan flew all the way from Singapore (where he has been running his music school, Mirra very successfully for many many years) to be part of the orchestra that played in Vaarthaigal Sollum Vaathiangal in 2008 conducted by the Legend Shri. MSV himself in the same venue where we organised "Reniniscences" this time!. Though he couldn't make it, he ensured the instrumental track Aaadavaralaam (played by him) was sent well in advance to Aditya Gopi to practice & render in our concert. Kudos to you too...

Team MSVTIMES.COM - Without you all, this wouldn't have been possible. Four of the major things that were appreciated by one and all were - 1. Guitar Bala's Orchestra's performance, 2. Introduction of young talents, 3. Sriram Lakshman's (Vatsan) MCeeying skills and 4. the creativity involved in making all those banners around the Museum Theatre and especially the 20 feet X 10 feet backdrop in B & W of the legendary musicians with our Legend Shri. MSV himself seated right in the forefront, in the song Avalukkenna how the original video footage was used to give a cue to Bala's orchestra to begin the song & how MSV's original voice was used from the track to give a cue to Gnanasekar to begin the song Nitham, Nitham.... To all of us it literally projected a scenario where Guitar Bala's orchestra was performing right under their care & vision.

The contributors - to all those who contributed to the best of your abilities, my Pranaams to you all. I thank Musee Musicals, the family of Shri. MSV and every one who took part in the grand success of this concert.

THE BIGGEST THANK YOU IS DEDICATED TO MY GURU SHRI. SHRI. MSV FOR BEING THERE WITH ME IN ALL MY ENDEAVOURS. LOVE YOU MSV!!!

WHAT A DEFINING MOMENT THIS HAS BEEN???

LOOKING FORWARD TO A SIMILAR CONCERT....

This is VaidyMSV signing off for now!

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!

VAIDYMSV

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: REMINISCENCES FEED BACK Reply with quote

Dear All,

Apart from the innumerable phone calls that I received, some chose to text me their feed backs which I am producing here.

Karukuruchi Arun - Grandson of Legend Karukuruchi Arunachalam, Nadhaswara Vidhwan - "Thank you so much for the opportunity. Thanks a ton to Bala Anna".

Mr. Murugappan, resident of Adyar - "It was really different of its kind as you brought out the nuances of BGM and escalated our experience. The rich blend of technical comments and special numbers rendered also made the programme a wonderful one which can happen only to our legend. I salute you & your team for this lofty deed. God bless you all to serve more to the reminiscent of great MSV. Felicitating the harmonium and calling it as a living person, really it moved my heart."

Rani Maindhan - "We enjoyed every minute of the programme. Well conceived and neatly executed. The ideas of using MSV's voice and some portions from the original sound track were commendable. The singers just scored. A real tribute & anjali to the master composer."

Singer Gnanasekar, Erode - "I am so lucky to sing in your programme and I am so happy....unga ella program kum ennai paadavainga."

Madhu Ashok, Daughter of MSV - "The programme was super. We all enjoyed".

Latha Mohan Nair, Daughter of MSV - "We were very happy with the programme and this support gives us happiness and it's not one for any monetary benefit, it was a real tribute to our dear MSV in the true sense. Good song selection, orchestra and you have all done a great job. Our regards & thanks to the entire MSVtimes members."

Raji Gopi, Daughter-in Law of MSV - " All acha's Blessings."

Sridhar, Music Director -" A great show, by your great effort, for a great SOUL!! Subhiksha's first stage performance right under MSV sir was truly HIS Blessings. Thanks."

Singer Usha Raj - "Thank you so much. It was a wonderful show in all aspects. MSV sir's presence was there."

NY Murali, MSV Enthusiast - Kudos to you and your team for a great work, especially the idea about msv conducting and singing is marvellous imagination."

Dr. Chakravarthy, Musicologist - "That back drop of the orchestra group was a splendid idea. How did you conceive it Vaidy?? The orchestra performance was the best I have ever seen organised by msvtimes.com so far ".

Thank you all for this very possitive feed backs. Yes, Reminiscences was possible because of just one reason - The abundant Blessings of our Guru Shri. Shri. MSV.

In any event there are bound to be some short comings and if at all there were any, I take the moral responsibility. I also assure you all of right corrective measures in future. Guitar Bala & Team members, it was great fun working with all of you...

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!

VAIDYMSV

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: UPDATE ON FEED BACK Reply with quote

Dear All,

Here's a beautiful comment I received from one of our oldest members Mr. Sundararajan.

"Dear Vaidy, it took these many days to be out of the trance you along with Vatsan imposed on us on the 23rd. Years of reverence and love for our Master came through the entire evening. Sure, we are all the chosen ones!!"

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!

VAIDYMSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: