"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sri G.S. Mani's tribute in Makkal TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> TRIBUTES TO THE MASTER
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Sri G.S. Mani's tribute in Makkal TV Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Yesterday morning (saturday 19th Sept 15), I had accidentally noticed a programme running on Makkal TV. It was a grand tribute to MM in the form of a musical discourse on MM's contribution to Tamil language and literature, alongwith another speaker. They were mentioning sonnathu neethaana, andha naal nyabagam, among other landmark songs. I am unable to trace any weblink to the programme. It was really worth watching. Hope it becomes available on the net for all of us to watch in future.
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
parthavi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last month (on 15th or 16th Aug), there was a program in Krishna Gana Sabha about MSV under the topic 'Tamil valarththa saandroer' featuring G.S.Mani and Va.Ve.Subramanian (who seemed to be the interviewer). I couldn't attend it. (This is a series. This month I saw the notification of the same program about the contribution of another person. Va.Ve.Su was the interviewer.

A lady who was sitting next to me in our Reminiscences program held on 30th Aug said that she had attended the program and that it was a very good program that ran for 3 hours, with GS mani snging many songs and demonstrating with no orchestral support.

Perhaps the Makkal TV program was a telecast of this.

I would like to know whether any of our members attended the program at KGS.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sir, this was the name of the programme, I recollect now. As I saw the telecast towards the end, I did not get to know much.
Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> TRIBUTES TO THE MASTER All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: