"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Directors and the Legendary Music Director !
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raghavan vasudevan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you jeev for informing the movies of AVM and Gemini for which the legend composed music. Thanks again for immediate reply.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Mellisai Mannar's contribution with K.Balaji's 'Sujatha Cine Arts' productions:

1) Thangai
2) En Thambi
3) Thirudan
4) EngirundhO vandhaaL
5) Raja
6) Needhi
7) En Magan
Cool Unakkaaga Naan
9) Billa
10) Thee
11) Savaal
12) Theerpu

(may be some missing from my memory, if so, please mention)
Jeev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: MSV & K.Balagi Reply with quote

Two more films to be added to Saradha's list.

Sujatha (1980)
Thiravidan (1989)

Mellisai Mannar scored the BGM for Amar Deep (Hindi version of Deepam) produced by Balagi. Rajesh Khanna acted in the main role.
Jeev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: MSV & Modern Theatres Reply with quote

Mellisai Mannargal composed music for 4 films produced by Modern Theatres.

Suham Enge
Pasa Valai
Pettra Maganai Vitra Annai
Thalai koduthan Thambi
Jeev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: MSV & Saravana Films (G.N.Velumani) Reply with quote

MSV & G.N.Velumani combination was on of the best in TFM.

Baga Pirivenai
Palum Palamum
Patha Kanikkai
Ithu Sathiyam
Panathottam
Padahotti
Panchavarnakili
Kalangarai Villakam
Chandrodayam
Gowri Kalyanam
Selva Magal
Kudiyiruntha Koyil
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jeev,

As you rightly said the combination of "MSV-GN.Velumani" was always successful. G.N.Velumani is the father-in-law of Music Director Ganesh(ShankarGanesh). A producer who went from Shivaji camp to MGR camp. There was such division amongst the producers and directors those days between Shivaji and MGR. A point noted down by even the successful producer and director of those days... Muktha Srinivasan in his autobioigraphy. He says it was only producer Balaji and his banner Muktha films never shifted to producing MGR films at any time, though they had good personal relationship with MGR. It is true many personalities like Gn.Velumani, B.R.Bandhulu, K.Shankar and even Director Sridhar moved to MGR camp. MGR loyals like Devar films, P.Neelakandan did not try with Shivaji at any time.

I dont think "Amardeep" is a film produced by Baalaji. Amardeep is a Hindi remake of the Tamil film Amaradheepam and I believe it was a film produced under the banner "Shivaji films". Please correct me if I am wrong.

P. Sankar - Tirunelveli.
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Directors making films with MSV in his peak period of 60's and 70's is not a wonder.They have to do it for the success of their movie.

But it is not the case with the Directors who had done movies with MSV in the late 80's. We need to acknowledge these people who have associated with MSV in that period and brought out some good classics.

R.C.Shakthi: Gave some good movies with music of MSV, like Sirai (Who can forget the song "Naan paadi konde iruppen"), Kooto puzhukkal ("Nitham nitham").

A special mention about the commercial Director of that era, Dir.S.A.Chandrashekar. He has done movies with MSV in the period 1986 - 89 and had given some musical hits in that period. Films like "Vasantha Raagam", "Sivappu malargal", "Sattam oru vilaiyattu", "Nilavey Malarey", "Needhikku Dhandanai", "Raaja nadai". A number of good songs are there in these films. They are the classic examples of our MSV's songs which he had composed in that period.

P. Sankar - TIRUNELVELI.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P. Sankar wrote:

As you rightly said the combination of "MSV-GN.Velumani" was always successful. G.N.Velumani is the father-in-law of Music Director Ganesh(ShankarGanesh). A producer who went from Shivaji camp to MGR camp.

Dear Sankar...

You are correct. Once MSV mentioned (after the recording of the song "Vanakkam pala murai sonnEn" for Avan Oru Sarithiram): "Producer K.S.Kutralingam is a 'tune-lucky' producer, same like G.N.Velumani. For him all tunes are set at best".

P. Sankar wrote:
It is true many personalities like Gn.Velumani, B.R.Bandhulu, K.Shankar and even Director Sridhar moved to MGR camp. MGR loyals like Devar films, P.Neelakandan did not try with Shivaji at any time.

Except Devar Films and MGR Pictures, all other producers done films with Shivaji, including Sathya Movies (Puthiya Vaanam). Pa.Neelakandan directed "Ambikapathi" for Shivaji.

P. Sankar wrote:
I dont think "Amardeep" is a film produced by Baalaji. Amardeep is a Hindi remake of the Tamil film Amaradheepam and I believe it was a film produced under the banner "Shivaji films". Please correct me if I am wrong.

A Malayalam movie "Theekkanal" was remade in Tamil as "Dheepam" (Shivaji & Sujatha) by Balaji and again the same movie was remade to Hindi as "Amardeep" (Rajeshkanna) by same producer.

(Tamil 'Amaradeepam' is an old movie released in 1956 with Shivaji, Savithri & Padmini. Story & Dialogue by Sreedhar, having wonderful songs like 'thEnunnnum vandu', 'pachai kiLi paaduthu' etc. It is noway connected with Hindi Amardeep)
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Articles &Writings by Fans -MSV with Directors / Produce Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
To attempt a comprehensive compilation of personalities with whom MSV has worked as MD is nearly a big task since his track record has been very long indeed . For instance, he has been associated with many of P.Madavan's movies with some stunning numbers right from Mani osai. The much later entrant Mr Bhagyaraj [though from BR's school]got the best songs from MSV in BAMA RUKMINI and ANDHA 7 NAATKAL. Among very notable Producers was, KOVAI CHEZHIYAN whose latest piece was SEER VARISAI that took the music lovers by storm. We can ill afford to forget KANNADASAN as a movie producer who patronized MSV and TRMahalingam in the late 1950s. Subsequently except on a few occasions, KD's aasthana MD was MSV.There was one GV Iyer who was adept in art type of films; he has used MSV as MD. Most movie banners took delight to use MSV for his sheer brisk delivery of numbers to suit any purse. He has been one MD who works for his heart's content irrrespective of the returns . I recall what Bhagyaraj said in 1982, even when MSV had a pressing problem at home, he stayed on and on to satisfy Bhagyaraj's need. Later when Br came to know of it he felt too hurt and he has delightfully compiled an article"ISAI IVARADHU ULAGAM". The famous ashtavadhaani P.Banumathy has said, MSV is a smart Honey bee, always brimming with enthusiasm.No doubt his songs stand apart. MSV is a treasure mine that cannot be explored in a single visit. So I stop.
With warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: