"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Engey Unnaik kandaal kooda"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: "Engey Unnaik kandaal kooda" Reply with quote

Dear friends,
MSV's songs analyses are going great and there are numerous young visitors for whom we should pass on his legacy. The most popular numbers are analysed in various forums and platforms for umpteen times. There are so many other masterpieces. Let's please bring them out. One such is the song "Engey Unnaikkandaal kooda nenjil kondaattam" - this song is an all time favourite for MSV's ardent fans. In fact, this was the first time (if I am correct), that the duo SPB & SJanaki began their entour of success. I don't know how many of youngsters would have heard that song since it was played only during its release period - of course AIR did not lag behind to Radio Ceylon as far as this song was concerned. Beautiful rendition, varying tala styles mark this song as one of the greatest compositions of MSV.
Stalwarts and experts may analyse more on this song.
V. Raghavendran
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: A GREAT DUET Reply with quote

DEAR RAGASUDHA,

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. MANY OF THE SONGS THAT WE HAVE HEARD REPEATEDLY ARE BEING ANALYSED. BUT WHAT IMPRESSED ME IS THE DIFFERENT OUTLOOK EACH PERSON HAS WHEN THEY WRITE ABOUT THESE SONGS. THAT IS THE UNIQUE QUALITY & VARIETY WE ALL LIKE IN THE WRITINGS OF GIANTS LIKE NVS, SAMPATH, SRS, RAMKI, RAM, SHARADHA AND MANY MORE WHO HAVE BEEN A GREAT SOURCE OF INSPIRATION TO ALL OF US. PERSONALLY TO ME I VALUE THESE WRITINGS NOT JUST AS WRITINGS OF OTHERS BUT A GREAT LESSON IN ITSELF FOR US TO UNDERSTAND MSV'S AWESOME UNPARALLELED, UNMATCHED, UNCHALLENGED CREATIVITY THAT LEAVES ME WONDERSTRUCK ON MANY OCCASSIONS, BETTER. TO ME THESE ARE LEARNING STEPS FOR A PERSON LIKE ME WHO LACKS RAGA BASED KNOWLEDGE. I WOULD SAY CHEERS TO ALL THOSE TO CONTINUE THEIR WORK FOR, THERE IS SO MUCH TO WRITE ABOUT OUR MASTER........ TRUELY A LEGEND, A MUSICAL PHENOMENON INDEED.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: OOPS I MISSED IT Reply with quote

DEAR RAGASUDHA,

SEE TO WHAT LEVEL MSV'S MAGIC TOOK ME. I TOTALLY FORGOT TO WRITE WHAT I WANTED TO (SEE MY HEADING FOR MY PREVIOS POST). MESMORISING MSV. THE SONG YOU HAVE WRITTEN ABOUT IS ONE OF MY MOST FAVOURITE DUETS WITH A LOT OF SANGATHIS SPLENDIDLY SUNG BY SPB & JANAKI. AN ABSOLUTE GEM THAT DESERVES A WRITING.
THANKS FOR UNEARTHING THIS GEM. PSE CONTINUE

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: "Engey Unnaik kandaal kooda" Reply with quote

ragasuda wrote:
The most popular numbers are analysed in various forums and platforms for umpteen times.

Dear Ragasudha,

It is true that many of the songs are (or) may be analysed in other forums. But as our Vaidy said, see the perspective each member has on the same song. The impact of Music on each person is different.

Please see the analysis of the popular numbers, yet been analysed in an outstanding way with a completely different perpective which serves as research materials to be preserved for future. "Sumai Thaangi Saainthaal" by NVS, "Rajaavin Paarvai" by Sampath, "Kaadhal Kaadhal Endru Pesa" by Saradha, "Chithirai Maadham" by MSVRamki... all worth reading umpteen number of times !!!

And your thought, to bring-out rare gems of MSV to light, is exactly in Parallel with the mission of this website. So please continue to dig-out marvels by MSV!

And, Welcome to this Elite MSVClub !!!
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Pick a song Reply with quote

Dear Ram (ji),
Thank you for the encouraging words. I fully agree that each and every composition of MSV needs analysis for at least a million times - it's such a treasure hunt. I do not have any second opinion about that. In fact, more and more gems should be shown to the present generation. That's why I have started introducing the songs I like, which I think would attract every body since we all sail in the same boat. In the meanwhile, please let me introduce myself as Sabesan's close friend. I personally am an ardent fan of Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan, and as I had said elsewhere, I have launched a website devoted to the filmography of Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - www.nadigarthilagam.com. I constantly is looking upon updating it and simultaneously am addicted to MSV's website. When Sabesan told me that he is launching MSVtimes, I found no words to express my happiness and I had assured him whatever help I could. That's always there.
Please also visit my site on Sivaji and let me know your feedback on it.
Thanking you, sincerely,
V. Raghavendran.
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Raghavendran,

I am a fan of Shivaji; visited the site of "Nadigar Thilagam". Good work and you have given lots of historical facts of each and every film of the great Legend Shivaji.

GREAT!!

P. Sankar
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: download this song Reply with quote

This song is available for download from www.cooltoad.com. The link is provided below:
http://music.cooltoad.com/music/download.php?id=298316
V. Raghavendran
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: