"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songs of MSV (General Postings and Discussions)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baroque wrote:
the later portion of the second charanam, my ears pick up Ragam Mohanam ambience. I rely on my ears..

I realise Mohanam only after you had mentioned. Great observation, Vinatha! Very Happy
baroque

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ram! I like the lyrics too. Good composition from Rahman, indeed.
good night, exhausting day...
vinatha.
baroque

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was peachy & running around Happy Happy joy joy with enna solla enna solla... BABU this evening!
As I finish this day..
I realize it is very hard for me to get away from listening to idho endhan.... tonight.
Deep intensely philosophical lyrics, soul penetrating tune, poignant execution of the lyrics with a neat skillful flute bgm, majestic yet personal, profoundly moving vocal
IDHO ENDHAN DEIVAM.....BABU!
good night, Vinatha.
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vinatha,
Its me again...
Innum thoonga pogalai...
After sending that, I just browsed thru and I saw this topic... Vittutu poga manasu varalai...

IDHO ENDHAN DEIVAM.....BABU...
what a song...
Intha song ketta I will go to my Kindergarten days...
I think this movie was released during my Kindergarten days...
Recently in one of the channels, this song was shown...
Appadiye oru 30-35 years-ku munnadi poiten...

Moon rise aagumbothu, veenayudan flute serndhu appadiye nammala kootindu pogum... like the angels do in fairy tales... Smile

Deep intensely philosophical lyrics, soul penetrating tune, poignant execution of the lyrics with a neat skillful flute bgm, majestic yet personal, profoundly moving vocal

Wow... are you neighbour of William Wordsworth or William Shakespeare... intha podu podarele... Smile
baroque

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than decade + I watched this movie, Venkat.

Kutti Sridevi was lovable.
She called him Rickshawkaar.
Moving scenes.
I remember Babu was cleaning his cart, She brought a deepam, neenga dhaan saami, saaami engey yerupparu, yeppadi yerupparu..etc.. then the song!

Varadhappa.... composition, Babu & his friends teasing & singing the saapadu ponnu!
CATCHY & FUN!
May be it is a inspiration for Vellarikkai....Kadhal kottai...Deva's composition - railway station location.
thanks,
Vinatha.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Songs of MSV Reply with quote

[

I also like the song very much. I did not know that there were two versions. If the picture in which the song was featured we can get the other version also. Chakravarthy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Songs of MSV Reply with quote

[

I also like the song very much.[ Sondham epodum thodar kadai mentioned by Rajasabai] I did not know that there were two versions. If the picture in which the song was featured we can get the other version also. Chakravarthy
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Chakravarthy,
Sontham eppothum is a great number by our MM.
The movie is "Praptham".
I have both the versions.
Music and lyrics will be diffrent.

One version starts beautifully with PS humming...
The other version PS humming will be in the middle of the song...
Both the hummings will be diffrent.
One version will be quite slow and the other quite fast...
There are so many aspects of these two versions of the song.

Intha 2 versions of the song analysis panratha, I leave it to the Functional and Technical Analysts of our team... Smile

Infact in one of my audio cassette, I have only this song in both versions repeatedly coming 8 times in one side of the cassette.

I love this song that much...

Song kettu anubavichadhan paadaloda arumai theriyum...
Such a wonderful song...
tvsankar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venkat,
"Sondham eppodhum " padal
ennudaiya most favourite no from my 5th std.Appodhu dhan
indha padam parthen.BGM also so great and pain.Soga padam.

Indha padalain 2 version aium upload panna muidyuma??

or enaku send panna mudiyuma?
En id ai tharatuma??

Thanks in advance.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Sondham Eppodhum Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Sondham eppodhum song has come in three versions. There are 2 versions in 78 rpm records and the film has one stanza different. The records contained two different bgms and in the film it would get repeated and the repeated version will be short. However all of them are masterpieces. And the song Sandhanathil oru vasam eduthu song will not have the female solo at the end in the records whereas in the film it will be continued with Savithri performing on stage sung by Suseela's solo. It is really a greatest wonder to compose and you can not think of any body else except MSV for these type of creations.
Raghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

if any one , had listened to MGR ' s thenkinnam , which was broadcasted many years back , and get repeated , in any radio stations , of AIR , during his anniversaries .

this was only the modern song ( rest of them were FRom bhagavathar , mm dhandapani desikar ,chinnappa etc )he selected ,
a strange thing , since his every songs were super duper hits , barring ofcourse neerum neruppum
he didnot broadcast any of songs from his movies . .

probably he selected this to declare his sontham with fans eppothum todarum
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Then Kinnam by MGR Reply with quote

Dear friend,
I too listened the programme Then Kinnam by MGRamachandran. It was a craze at that time and people thronged tea shops to hear it. Same was the story for the same Then Kinnam by Sivaji Ganesan. Though MGR presented songs from others' films, one or two from his films too was played. It is Achan enbadhu from Mannaadhi Mannan. And he did not fail to mention about Nadigar Thilagam. "Enakku thambi Sivajiyin padangal migavum pidikkum..." he said in the programme and played one Sivaji Song. And similarly Sivaji's Then Kinnam was broadcast on the eve of Tamil New Year's Day in 1970. He too mentioned about MGR and played Nadodi Mannan song Thoongaadhe Thambi Thoongadhe. And both of them did not fail to mention the music directors, from TG Lingappa, SMS to Mellisai Mannargal. It was really a god's gift to have listened to them at that time.
Raghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Songs composed by MSV - TKR Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
I have been critically following the postings on this thread.
Both 'Sondham eppodhum' and 'Sandhanathil nalla vaasam eduththu' are brilliant numbers. Both are right away acknowledged as MD's songs. Why I say so is , any song carries with it some distinction of prowess directly portraying the qualities of the actor[s] on screen; as for examples
'Naan aaNai ittal' / 'Poo mudippaL indhapponguzhali' respectively referring to MGR and Sivaji Ganesan by the sheer rendition .Likewise the song
'Sandhanaththil nalla vaasam eduththu' declares loud and clear that "I AM AN MSV Product". I recall, the arrangement where TMS is coaching PS to bring out some effect in the line'Ennai ththazhuvikkondodhu thennan kaaththu'. PS repeats 'Ennai ththazhuvikkondodhu THENNAN KAATRU' and again PS repeats her style. Now TMS corrects as " Kaatru" illai "KAATHTHU". FINALLY PS ends the line with sample singing as 'KAATHTHU' and TMS asknowledges with a musical ' aaan' THAT sails with the tune in a perfect glide beautifully hinging on to the track "inviting" the pallavi to join.
Throughout these 'corrective efforts' the listener stays glued to the beauty of the tune still keeping a firm grip on. To me these few moments of interaction between the singers have been done to perfection reflecting the 'on the spot' happenings in a session of trial before 'take'. The whole idea of correcting a version as a part of a final form has certainly enhanced the value of the song. Besides, it worked as a wonder in keeping the listener focussed to the song , though the song could right away have been recorded without those corrective interjects. Correctives could have been used for pictorial presentation. This is where MSV takes his unobtrusive viswaroopam, to show that even conversational embellishments can work in the hands of those - honestly knowledgeable.
Thank you for the opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
tvsankar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof ji,
Thanks for ur nice post about "Santhanathil nalla"

Neengal sonna correction portion of the song - Nanum migavum
rasithu ketpen.

Anal adhai solla varthai varavilai.
Vazhakam pola, naan solla ninaitha vishayathai -
Neengal
ungalin
azhagana varthaigalil solli vitteergal.....

Thank u so much to ur writings Sir.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,
That was a very nice information abt MGR and Sivaji Thenkinnam.
Very interesting...
May be I was not born during that time or naan oru thavazhara kuzhandaya irunthiruppen... Smile

Praptham songs patri kekkumbothu, antha padatha paarkanumpola irukku… Smile

Dear Usha Madam,
Please provide your mail id.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25

Jump to: