"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songs of MSV (General Postings and Discussions)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ramesh Very Happy and all MSV fans

I suggest we all pick the best of his songs ( ofcourse impossible to shorlist ) and meet him one day and take notes of each song as to how he composed them. In particular, how he got inspired to apply some ragas to movies like Karnan , kalai kovil etc

Also, some innovative numbers like Andha naal nyabagam / Devane ennai parungal / Pattathu rani parkum / Naan endraal adhu avalum naanum etc.

Look, he is getting aged and I believe already his memory is not that good Embarassed Lets use the opportunity to meet him on a monthly basis and lets invite his erstwhile assistants also like Vishveswaran , Joesph Krishna , Henry Daniel to help us accumulate the info.

Mr. Ramamurthy also needs to be made available especially for songs like Paa series movies & many of Sridhar's movies.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Welcome Balaji! Reply with quote

Dear Balaji,

Thank you for posting. As you rightly said it is impossible to list of what's good as everything from Master will be unique in it's own ways. You had mentionaed the names of Joseph Krishna, Hendry Daniel - pse be informed they are no more. Many of MSV's cream of his orchestra are unfortunately no more. Crying or Very sad
vaidy
core crew-msvtimes.com
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to hear the demise of the right and left hand of MSV ( I am at present in overseas & hence very little contacts with info. on TN ).

Joseph Krishna & Henry Daniel were well known names those days & Mellisai mannar truely had a wonderful team which stood with him like pillars for long.

MSV always regarded his team mates and had always insisted that their names be mentioned in movie titles !

One thing is certain. IRAKKUM MANIDHARGAL , IRAVAA PADALGAL . An apt slogan put in by you guys !

Really happy to see you all showing high level of enthusiasm about the little master Very Happy

Soon, I will start contributing my best to the forum. I shall take up the preludes & interludes part & the melody aspect of MSV music
raghavankannan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Analysis of BGM scored by Great MSV Reply with quote

Dear

If you happen to hear 'ADADA ENNA AZHAGU' sung by LR Eswri in "Nee" directed by TR Ramanna and music by our Guru. The intermittent Gittar and drums will have vital role. There is another song by LR Eswari where she sings like a drunked with smiles and echos whereaslo the BGM take much effect. On the contrary there is a song by P. SUSEELA "VELLIKIZHAMAI VIDIYUM VELAI VASALAL KOLAM ITTEN" entirely differnt tuen and BGM.
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: gold Reply with quote

DEAR FRIENDS,

MOST OF THE SONGS MENTIONED IN THIS FORUM ARE BROADCAST REGULARLY.I BRING TO YOUR MEMORY A GOOD NUMBER OF SONGS.

CHITTADAI PINNA PINNA VA VAVA (KODI MALAR)

ENAKKORU KADHALI IRUKKINTRAL (NILAVE NEE SATCHI)

NAALAI MUDHAL KUDIKKAMATTEN (NEETHI)

SUGAM SUGAM ATHU THUNBANA INBAMANATHU (THANKAI)

YENGE NAAN VAZHANTHALUM ENNIYIRO PADALILE (KALLUM KANIYAGUM) AN APT SONG FOR TMS

OLI PIRANTHA POTHU MANNIL UYIRGAL PIRANTHAMMA (ANBUKKOR
ANNAN) WHAT A THAVIL

ADI YENDI ASATTU PENNE (KANNI PENN)

THENTAL VARUM SETHI VARUM (PAALUM PAZHAMUM) NOT PICTURISED

MANTHAARA MALARE (NAAN AVANILLAI)

MARANATHAI ENNI KALANGIDUM VIJAYA (KARNAN) WHOLE GITA
TOLD IN A SONG. ONLY KANNADASAN CAN DO

NOW IT IS UPTO MR.ANDY &SHARADA PRAKASH TO ASSESS

I KEEP GIVING GOOD NUMBERS.

SANKARANARAYANAN.

sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viswapriyan wrote:
Hi msvians, no body can deny that msv created different genre of film songs exclusively for lullaby, unmatched even till today!!!

Let us explore the lullabies of and share what we know.

Some of the lullabies right from the top of my head:

1. "cinnanchiru kaN malar, sempvaLa vAi malar..." by PS from padhi bhakthi, which I rate the best

2. "aththai madi meththaiadi..." PS, karpagam. I think this was the most popular

3. "kAdhalile patru vaiththaL annaiyada annai.." PS, idu saththiyam. What a shenai in that number !

4. Of course, "kAlmidhu kAlamidhu...", PS, chiththi

5. "kaNNE pApA..." PS, kaNNE pApA

Can others continue pls?
Quote:

HERE ARE FEW LULLABIIES.
NAAN KETTEN AVAN THANTHAAN THAALATTUM (KANNA NALAMA)

PACHCHAI MARAM ONDRU (RAAMU)

MAANIKKA THOTTIL INGIRUKKA (PANAM PADAITHAVAN)

THE LAST ONE OPENS WITH GOOD PIANO NOTE FOLLOWED BY LRE

HUMMING

SANKARANARAYANAN.
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: MSV's Lullabies. Reply with quote

Dear Sankaran / Visvapriyan / Saradha,

When we are on the subject of "MSV's Lullabies", how can we forget the following songs:

1. "Kaalamidhu Kaalamidhu Kannurangu Magale" from "Chithi"
2. "Thai Maadha Megam Adhu Tharaiyil Aadudhu" from "Kuzhandaikkaga"
3. "Chinna Chinna Kannanukku", from "Vazhkkai Padagu"
4. "Pillaikku Thandhai Oruvan" from "Paarthal Pasi Theerum"
5. "Muthu Nagaye Unnai Naanariven" from "En Thambi"
6. "Kannan Varuvan Kadhai Solluvan" from "Panchavarnak Kili"
7. "En Raajavin Roja Mugam" from "Sivakamiyin Selvan"

All the above are simply wonderful numbers.

Bye,
Venu Soundar
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: msv Reply with quote

HELLO MSV RASIKAS,

I NOW TAKE A WONDERFUL MOVIE.

FILM: SUMATHI ENN SUNDARI

CASTING:SIVAJI,JAYALALITHA,NAGESH,THANKAVELU

DIRECTER:C.V.RAJENDRAN

THE FILM WAS A RUNAWAY SUCCESS .A COMEDY STORY WITH

CINEMATIC LOGIC.THE COMEDY TRACK BY THANGAVELU &NAGESH WAS

WONDERFUL .BESIDES STORY THE HAS GOT SUPERB SONGS. ALL ARE

GOOD.BUT STILL ONE SONG STANDS APART

THE SONG IS NONE OTHER THAN OORAYIRAM .....

THE SCENE STARTS LIKE THIS...

SIVAJI'S UNCLE ASKS HIM TO TAKE HER TO TEA ESTATE AND SPEND

SOME TIME THERE.WHEN THEY ARE COMING IN A JEEP JAYALALITHA

ENJOYS BEAUTY OF NATURE AND STARTS HUMMING.SIVAJI

GETS IRRITATED AND STOPS THE JEEP.SHE GETS DOWN. WITH

LITTLE PRELUDE THE SONG BEGINS WITH A BEAUTIFUL HUMMING

I TELL SOMTHING ABOUT THIS HUMMING .THE IMAGINATION FOR

THIS HUMMING IS POSSIBLE FOR MSV ONLY.HIS EXPECTATION

WAS WELL RETURNED BY PS.STARTS WITH A HARSH AT LOW AND

RAISES GRADUALLY TO UPPISH CONNECTED TO PALLAVI. WHAT

A MUSICAL NOTE.NO GAP BETWEEN HUMMING AND PALLAVI.

OTHER SONGS OF THIS FILM..

ORU THARAM ORE THARAM ( THIS SONG WAS RECORDED FOR

KALATTA KALYANAM.BUT DUE TO REASONS SHIFTED TO S E S)

A PULLA SACHCHAYEE (ONLY SONG BY TMS IN THE WHOLE MOVIE

LRE THE OTHER ONE)

POTTU VAITHA MUGAMO(SIVAJI WELL MANAGED SPB TO HIM.NO

VOICE SUITS SIVAJI EXCEPT TMS)

KALYANA SANTHAIYILE (PS)

AALAYAMAHUM MANGAI MANATHU (ANOTHER TOTAL VOICE BY PS)

ELLORUKKUM KAALAM VARUM (SAIBABA LRE)

SUPERB BG SCORING .ESPECIALLY WHEN HE FALLS IN LOVE WITH J

WHEN THEY RETURN AFTER A PULLA SACHCHAYE SONG AT THE

GROVE SIDE LULLA OH OH AT PARK SEEING KILI

JOSIAM AND AT LAST AT THE RAILWAY TRACK UNITING THE LULLA

OH OH

MSV 'S CONTRIBUTION WAS VERY MUCH FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE

MOVIE.NO ONE CAN DENY.

SANKARANARAYANAN.
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kaala Magal Kan Thirappal" can be a good lullaby. (Has that been mentioned before?) Additional Info: It is based on Suba-Pantuvarali. Very soothing lyrics.
srandy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Clarification pls Reply with quote

Hi folks

Could someone confirm the instruments used in "nenjaththai aLLi konjam thaa thaa thaa" from "kaathalikka naeramillai" - particularly in the charanam - where there is probably a rhythm / bass guitar - and a "beat instrument" (what is this one) .. apart from lovely whistling : )

A lovely example of "less" is "more"... a lovely song...

Cheers
&y
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: MELODY KING'S IMPECCABLE MELODY! Reply with quote

Dear Andy,

Nenjathai Alli kondu pona pallayirakkanakkana padalgalil ithuvum onru! The instrument you wrote about is called "wood block" an instrument made of wood and played like how bongoes is played. Player- None other than the Great Meesai Murugesh.
Love
vaidy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Wood Block Reply with quote

Saradha,

There is no usage of Wood Block in the song "Paavai Paavaidhan". What you hear in the back-ground during the lines "konjalam, konjalam" is the tapping of the Metal Plate (which is a part of the Drums set). Again wonderfully done by MSV.

Otherwise, it is Bangoes all the way in the song. The highlight of the song is the superb usage of Accordian, Guitar & Bangoes, supported by Flute and Bugle Trumpet.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
srandy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: MELODY KING'S IMPECCABLE MELODY! Reply with quote

vaidymsv wrote:
Dear Andy,

Nenjathai Alli kondu pona pallayirakkanakkana padalgalil ithuvum onru! The instrument you wrote about is called "wood block" an instrument made of wood and played like how bongoes is played. Player- None other than the Great Meesai Murugesh.
Love
vaidy

Thanks so much for the info Vaidy... the MM is unmatched in his way of making Music out of Noise!!! : )

Cheers
&y

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Pen Enral Pen Reply with quote

Today when I went home for lunch, I switched to Jaya TV at 2 PM to find out what is the matinee movie like and it happened to be "Pen Enral Pen", a 1967 film for which the music is by MSV.

This is one of the few MSV music score movies which was not popular and the songs were also hardly heard. As I had not seen this movie before, I was surprised to see that the Title of this movie has a song sung by the Master himself. I was never knowing this before.

I am specifically mentioning this, as like the above case, there may be so many others which are not known to us.

Any way, I was happy to listen to a MSV number today, which I had never heard before.
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venugopalan Soundarrajan wrote:

"Today when I went home for lunch, I switched to Jaya TV at 2 PM to find out what is the matinee movie like and it happened to be "Pen Enral Pen", a 1967 film for which the music is by MSV"

As you mentioned rightly the songs from this movie were not very popular. There is one excellent melody by P.Susila:"thEdi thEdi parthirundhen deivam ennai pArkavillai..." > The handling of shehanai in this song is simply superb. This is the first movie in which the great accordian player, Mangalamoorthy, was replaced by K.J. Joy.[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 4 of 25

Jump to: