"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songs of MSV (General Postings and Discussions)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venugopalan Soundarrajan wrote:

"Today when I went home for lunch, I switched to Jaya TV at 2 PM to find out what is the matinee movie like and it happened to be "Pen Enral Pen", a 1967 film for which the music is by MSV"

As you mentioned rightly the songs from this movie were not very popular. There is one excellent melody by P.Susila:"thEdi thEdi parthirundhen deivam ennai pArkavillai..." > The handling of shehanai in this song is simply superb. This is the first movie in which the great accordian player, Mangalamoorthy, was replaced by K.J. Joy.
dmohan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sateesh,
As you have rightly said he is the only music ddirector who often uses shenai for any situation such as happy or sorrow great piece of example from film KARNAN where I think It was MLV who sung that song the song was poiva magale poiva this is a situation where a pregnent lady is sent to parental home for elivery if we hear starting music it was purely shenai music no body has done such a master piece in such a great way for a pathos we can take example of from the film RAMU sung by great PB srinivas nilave ennidam neringathe we all know (MSV Rasigargal of veriargal ) how he handled the shenai in that song.

In fact the Great Visweswaran who played santoor for MSV he often tells that MSV was praised by Shenai master for his handling shenai in his music at one time he even said every body is thiniking that shenai is for pathos but to my knolwedge MSV is the only music director who uses the shenai for lot of songs. Very Happy
srandy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: shenoy + fm Reply with quote

As most of you would know, the Shenoy is an instrument used widely in Hindustani Music and it is used for all kinds of functions - not just for a sad occasion... It has a role like the "naadaswaram" : ) .. as a matter of fact, I watched Ustaad Bismilla Khan playing the shenoy (recorded) yesterday for the Republic Day celebrations... : ) And, one would also know that the MM has extensively used Hindustani music in many of his songs... and not just Hidustani, I don't think there is any music that he has not used : ))

Info for those of you who live in Madras (Chennai) - There is a lovely program that was aired today (Sat 7 AM - 8 AM) on AHA 91.9 FM... They played some lovely songs penned by the KK.. and without doubt many of them were by the MM... And what was even better was they were playing "full" versions of songs, including the extensive preludes, interludes and all charanams... I am not sure if this is a daily programme or a weekly program.. However, a program that is worth waiting for nevertheless... : )

Cheers
&y
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Shenoy Reply with quote

Dear Mohan, Saradha & Others,

Forget Tamil, but even in Hindi films nobody has used Shenoy so extensively and effectively like MSV. The beauty is he has used it more for the happier songs than the sad songs. Amazing.

We have discussed this already in this site, but I would once again like to repeat that one of his best usage of Shenoy was for the song "Ponnonru Kanden Pennangu Illai" from "Padithal Mattum Podhuma", as it is again for a happy situation song and the way he has composed the Shenoy piece in this song touches your heart (Manadhai Varudum). When this song used to be played in Radio in those days, the Shenoy portion will never be heard (again the shorter Gramaphone Record version).

Regarding "Manidhan Ninaippadhundu", another great aspect of the song is that the Master has used Trumpets along with Shenoy. Woh, only the Legend called MSV can do it. Let us solute him.

Bye,
Venu Soundar
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Malai Pozhuthin Mayakkathilae Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Satheesh and Mr.Viswapriyan,

You are perfectly right in saying the song is a mixture of Hindolam (Malkauns) and [b]Chandrakauns[/b]. Further another interesting point is if use the Madhyam of Hindolam and chandrakauns as Shadjam u will get Suddha Dhanyasi and Sumanesa ranjani respectively !! Hence u can also say this song is a mixure of Suddha Dhanyasi and Sumanesa ranjani. Again if we use Panchamam of suddha dhanyasi and sumanesa ranjani u will get Hindolam and Chandrakauns respectively. Hence the song is mixure of Hindolam and Chandrakauns!!!!! Brova, Greha Bhedam ellam appayae Panniyatchu sir!!! Sumanesa ranjani is a pratimadhyama counter part of Suddha dhanyasi.
tvsankar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Saradha,
Thanks for the nice post.Beautiful narration....
NANBANIDAM THOTRU VITTEN PASATHALAE.... What a PERFECT WORD FOR THIS CHARACTER.........
With Love,
Usha Sankar.
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: SHENOY Reply with quote

DEAR FRIENDS,

ANOTHER SHENOY MASTERPIECE FROM OUR MASTER.

MATHURA NAGARIL TAMIL SANGAM (PAAR MAGALE PAAR)

THE PRELUDE IS SO FINE WITH SHENOY AND INTERLUDE ALSO SHENOY WITH A MATCHING HUMMING. FOR A HAPPY SONG SHENOY IS USED.

SANKARANARAYANAN
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: madhuran nakaril tamil changam Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Sankaran,

Thank you for the information. Is the great MSV first man to use Shenoi?
Please clarify. Can u please list out the songs where shenoi is used. I think Karnan was the first film in which shenoi is first used by MSV. Am i right? kindly clarifty. I think Dhilrupa is also an another instrument which was used for the first time in the entire tamil film History by MSV. Kindly clarify.

regards
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Venky....

Where have you been... long time no see ???

Superb writing... Btw you can come up with writing on our "College-Time" (All-Time) Favourite.... "Gauravam" music/movie/both. Smile
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: MSV the Greaaaaaaat!!! Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy & Venkat,

Yes, you people have correctly said it. New words will have to be created in the Dictionary to pay tributes to our Master for his masterpiece compositions. Wow! I can only say "அற்புதம், அமர்க்களம், அமோகம், அதிமதுரம், ஆச்சரியம், ஆனந்தம்" (just a few words starting with அ&ஆ). It will be a big list if we have to use words with all the alphabets.

For the yeoman service and the greaaaaaaat work rendered to the world of music by the Master, his name should appear in the Guinness Book of Records for various achievements, like music scored for maximum number of films, maximum number of songs composed, maximum number of instruments used, maximum songs composed using a particular instrument like Shenoy, Mouth Organ, Trumpets, Whistling, etc (we cannot include Violins, Flute, etc as they are common instruments), maximum Violins used for one particular song........ we can keep adding more & more & more.

MSVக்கு நான் சூட்டும் புகழாறம் இதோ:

MSV ஒரு இமயம். அவன் ஒரு சரித்திரம், தவப்புதல்வன், மன்னாதி மன்னன், ஆயிரத்தில் ஒருவன், எங்கள் தங்கம், இதயக்கனி, மனிதரில் மாணிக்கம், தெய்வ மகன்.
MSV-யின் இசை ஒரு புதையல், சொர்கம்.
அவன் பாடல்களை 'நினைத்தாலே இனிக்கும்'. அவற்றை 'நெஞ்சம் மறப்பதில்லை'.
அவன் இசை 'நெஞ்சிறுக்கும்வரை' நினைவிருக்கும்.
அவன் இசையைக் கேட்டால் 'கல்லும் கானியாகும்'.
அவன் இசையமைக்கும்போது எடுப்பதோ 'விஸ்வரூபம்'.
அவன் இசையில் விளைவதோ 'அபூர்வ ராகங்கள்', அவை 'தெய்வீக ராகங்கள்'.
MSV நமக்கு 'இறைவன் கொடுத்த வரம்'.
MSV-யை மதிக்காதவர்களுக்கு 'பாவ மன்னிப்பு' என்றுமே கிடையாது. இது சத்தியம்.

With Luv,
Venu Soundar
srandy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: MSV the Greaaaaaaat!!! Reply with quote

Venugopalan Soundararajan wrote:
Dear Vaidy & Venkat,

MSVக்கு நான் சூட்டும் புகழாறம் இதோ:

MSV ஒரு இமயம். அவன் ஒரு சரித்திரம், தவப்புதல்வன், மன்னாதி மன்னன், ஆயிரத்தில் ஒருவன், எங்கள் தங்கம், இதயக்கனி, மனிதரில் மாணிக்கம், தெய்வ மகன்.
MSV-யின் இசை ஒரு புதையல், சொர்கம்.
அவன் பாடல்களை 'நினைத்தாலே இனிக்கும்'. அவற்றை 'நெஞ்சம் மறப்பதில்லை'.
அவன் இசை 'நெஞ்சிறுக்கும்வரை' நினைவிருக்கும்.
அவன் இசையைக் கேட்டால் 'கல்லும் கானியாகும்'.
அவன் இசையமைக்கும்போது எடுப்பதோ 'விஸ்வரூபம்'.
அவன் இசையில் விளைவதோ 'அபூர்வ ராகங்கள்', அவை 'தெய்வீக ராகங்கள்'.
MSV நமக்கு 'இறைவன் கொடுத்த வரம்'.
MSV-யை மதிக்காதவர்களுக்கு 'பாவ மன்னிப்பு' என்றுமே கிடையாது. இது சத்தியம்.

With Luv,
Venu Soundar

pugazh maalaikku pugazh saerkkum ithayam nam MM : ))

indru pOl endrum vaazhga...

Cheers
&y
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR MEMBERS,

I am looking for one non film msv composition sung by kjj on arogyamatha.the song as i remember is set in raag hamsanandhi and goes
KUZHALUM YAAZHUM IDAIYINIL JOLIKKA
KUMBIDUM VELAIYILE
MAZHALAI YESUVAI MADIYIL SUMANDHU
MAADA VARUVAALE
AROGYAMADA VARUVALE.

AIR USE TO AIR THIS SONG IN THE EARLY MORNING "BAKTHI PAADALGAL BROADCAST SOMEWHERE IN LATE SEVENTEES.(Guessed my age!).
does anybody possess the recording of this song.
can somebody throw some light onthis

s,r,sankaranarayanan
dmohan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sampat,and all

You have mentione that you are 43 when you hear those songs when you were as a boy no ddount that is power of MM all of would have noticed even who ever born of after 1989 still admire great composition of MM MSV what i think we shoul propagate his achivements because there was not much facilities at that time in spite of the hurdles he gave the immortal songs But every body agrees that MSV is a humbleman who know nothing other than music that is the quote of great kaviyarasu kannadasan.I think becuase of his clean and mind and heart only he could gave so many songs all in different form.

Thanks

Mohan
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mohan,

Yes. we are duty bound to propagate his name. My father who is no more, was not greatly interested in music. But his favaourite song was "sumaithangi saithal sumai enna aakum" in Thangapadhakam. He used to admire that song a great deal. What a melody filled with emotion to touch ur heart!!!!

We will definitely propagate.

regards
sampat
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venu soundar,

Pramaaaaadaam. Enna pattangal. Kalakkiteer pongo!!!!

Idhukkunnu oru gyanam venum Oye!!! balae. sabhash

tons of Luv
sampat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 5 of 25

Jump to: