"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Puthaiyal Title Music Added!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Puthaiyal Title Music Added! Reply with quote

Hi All,

Puthaiyal Title Music is added to the BGM section of MSVTimes.Com.

The music has three carefully blended music types. A single-string melody supported by heavy orchestrated strings. The catchy melody will have "Morattu" ("Rough") violins at the back-ground. Then a Romantic piece will take over. Finally there will be a "Folk Melody".

I've not seen the movie. But I could say that the film is about some kind of "Haunted Hunt" also with "Romance" in it, based on a "Village" theme. Let me know if that is right.

Yet another "Slick" from MSV!!!!
tfmlover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

----

Last edited by tfmlover on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Title Music Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

I am delighted to know about the new addition. I am having some problem with the audio. Will set it right and enjoy listening.

As you know I have been listing out some movies, requesting you to load the Title Music of these movies. One of them is "Paarthal Pasi Theerum". When talking of "Paarthal Pasi Theerum", I suddenly remembered about a dance number in the movie (by Saroja Devi) which is for almost 3 to 4 minutes. The music for this dance piece is simply outstanding. Normally, a Director would have come out with a song for this situation. But Bhimsingh had so much faith in MSV-TKR that he left it entirely to them.

(The only mess Bhimsingh made was, in that song Sarojadevi will appear as a male too towards the end of the song - a double role in a College Dance programme. How come?)

I would request you to upload this music piece also in the BGM section.

With Luv,
Venu Soundar
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A request!

Can some one come up with Analysis of "Pudhayal" Songs? MSV's earlier style. A period when the change started. Film Music started to become "Mellisai".
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Preludes and Interludes- Mellisai Reply with quote

Dear Mr Ram ,
I saw your request on the clarification of the onset of Mellisai in TFM. Actually, MSV has started off this trend even before in the movie "PADHI BHAKTHI", where he has some excellent fusion [!] with carnatic tune and orchestra blending with 'Rock and Roll' in a royal race of supremacy. The song is Aadinar angay- rendered by Sundaram and Chandrababu. It is an effort to displayof skillful exposition of Bharatha natyam and the rock of the west. Mridhangam and Drum try to outclass each other while performing an articulate intertwining, blending with and breaking from the stream in a manner beyond my verbal skills. MSV clearly revealed himself in all such situations. Needless to say that MM became the darling of his contemporary [even Competing] composers. But, MSV's trick was to slowly introduce changes. So to say, he deemed it ideal to gently infuse a transition without any one being aware of the insertion of changes. If he is capable of such fine transitions in 3-minute songs , one can visualize in 5 decades how much of transitions he would have carried in the styles of composition and orchestration as well. Undoubtedly he is the father of Bhangos inTamil Film music and the status he has accorded to Flute in songs are subjects worthy of research. He patiently waited for his time to bloom out and to date has the credit of being an innovator. The scale of his modesty is yet another innovation in this world of Ego-inflated individuals. It is very difficult to pinpoint as to when Mellisai came about. Mellisaiyai mella nuzhaiththaar enbadhay unmai; aanal adhayae Aala Vrikshamaga Vaeroondracheydhaar enil migaiyanru.
SOLLI VAITHTHU MELLISAIYAI ALLI VIDHAITHTHA VITHTHAGAR- MSV. Regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: