"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANY SONGS BY MSV IN 5/4 AND 7/4 TIMINGS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: ANY SONGS BY MSV IN 5/4 AND 7/4 TIMINGS Reply with quote

Dear Ram and NVS and others,

Is there any composition by MSV in Kandam (5/4) and Misram (7/4). As far as I heard, I was unable to find out any melody in Kandam and Misram. I am not asking for any Nadai change in a song. My interest is if the entire song is composed on either in 5/4 or 7/4.

Kindly enlighten me.

With Love
Sampat
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sampath,

"Manjal Poosi" from Karnan is one song in Misram. Am sure there should be couple of more songs in Misram.

I definitely have not heard of any song of MSV composed in "Kandam". Others please confirm. It will be a real surprise if our Master has not touched "Kandam". I have not even heard of "Kanda Nadai" from him.

Would be extremely happy if I'm proved wrong !
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

Thanks for the information. But misram comes only as a part. My interest is if the entire song is composed in Misram or Kandam. If the answer is no,
I am really surprised.

Let us wait for the suspense.

With Love
Sampat
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sampat and Ram,
I am unable to quote any complete film composition in Kandam or Misram from the Genius. The Devotional பாடிடுக பாடிடுக பரந்தாமன் மெய்ப்புகழை (a remake of Bhaja Govindam by Kaviyarasar) is in Kandam and has been sung by the Genius himself. Glorious rendering!...

I take this opportunity to present Kaviyarasar's Lyrics :

பாடிடுக பாடிடுக பரந்தாமன் மெய்ப்புகழை
பாடிடுக மூட மதியே!...
பாடுவதில் தீர்ந்துவிடும் பழிபாவம் அத்தனையும்
பரந்தாமன் சொன்ன விதியே!...

பாடுவதை விட்டுவிட்டு பாணினி இலக்கணத்தைப்
பற்றுவதில் நன்மை வருமோ?
பாய்விரித்த வேளைதனில் காலனவன் சன்னதியில்
பாணினியம் காவல் தருமோ!...

மாடுமனை தேடுவதும் வல்லநிலை கூடுவதும்
வாலிபம் இருக்கும் வரைதான்!...
வாசமொடு பாசமொடு வந்துறவு நாடுவதும்
வரவுகள் நிலைக்கும் வரைதான்!...

கோடுவிழும் மேனிதனில் கோடிநரை தோன்றியபின்
கூடுவது என்ன சுகமோ?
கூடும்விறகோடு வெறும் கூடுயென வீழ்ந்தபின்பு
கோவணமும் கூட வருமோ?

நாடிவிடு கண்ணனடி தேடிவிடு கண்ணன்முகம்
நம்புவது அந்த முகமே!...
நாயகனை மாயவனை மாலவனை தூயவனை
நல்லவனைப் பாடு மனமே!...

I am not sure this song belongs to which album. But supreme Lyrics...one need not feel bad for being unfamiliar with Sanskrit. So beautifully done in தமிழ் and a glorious Tune and soulful rendering by MSV!...

With Love
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: COULD YOU PLEASE UPLOAD? Reply with quote

Dear NVS,

When I read throught the lyrics itself, I could imagine how our Legend would have rendered this song. Is there a way to upload this song on our site???

Cheers
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,
Unfortunately I donot have this song with me. This was the devotional we used to sing for our orchestra years back.

If anyone could trace this, would love to get a copy.

With Love
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Kannanukku Dasan Kannadasan !!! Reply with quote

Dear NVS uncle and all,
This song "Paadiduga Paadiduga.." is a part of the album "KANNANUKKU DASAN KANNADASAN.." released in 1985 by AVM Audio.

There are 11 songs in total and Ilayaraja sang his first song titled "Naadi Vandha Selvam.." for Our Master in this album.

AVM Audio has re-released this album under the name "Krishna..Krishna.."

These songs may soon adorn our site.....

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: "Therottam" Reply with quote

It struck me suddenly yesterday!

How can we forget "Therottam" from "Nool Veli" for Misra Chapu Thaalam ???!!! Very Happy

What an amazing number and see how Melody "Precisely" fits into the Thaalam. Beautiful Sandham, Scitillating Melody. Most beautiful part would be the second interlude - a great Santoor piece by Viswesh uncle embedded with a classic orchestration - which gels with Thaalam with absolute ease... Just enjoy the "Misra Nadai - Mel Kaalam" (rhythm played at doubled speed) towards the end of the song...

I would say Misram at its highest class !!!
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR RAM,

I PRESUME YOU HAVE MISSED THE POSTS BY SAMPATH WHEREIN THE CONCEALED ,DECIEVING MISHRAM OF THIS SONG IS DISCUSSED.AN ABSOLUTE KILL AS FOR THE RHYTHM OF THIS SONG GOES. MSV TAKES AVATAR OF NANDIKESHWARA.AS I HAVE ALREADY POINTED OUT IN THE EARLIER POST, MISHRAM AT ITS ATROCIOUS BEST.

I IMAGINE HOW DIFFICULT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR SPB TO KEEP "TEMPO" DURING ITS RECORDING.

STUNNER STUFF.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Bala Sir,

Today I recalled the posts made on this number few months before... And again I wanted to update in this thread which was discussing exclusively Kandam and Misram...

"Deceiving Misram" is the best word !!!

MSV is one man who could dissolve any musically natural constraints that a Raga, Tala can impose in his absolue solvent - The Melody !!!
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any songs of our Master in "Kanda Nadai" or "Misra Nadai" ??? (Not Kanda Chaapu or Misra Chaapu Thaalam)
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: TOO TECHNICAL FOR ME Reply with quote

Hey Ram,

Too technical for me. Yet I want to contribute a little to this thread. When you had mentioned "Kanda Nadai" it is the typical form of music scored by the present MD's (please note that ippothulla trend vandhu "kanda nadaiyila" music podarathuthan). Aanal, naam "Kanda Nadiyiley" MSV music thavira inithavathu verengum kaanom!!! Enna Ram pothuma!!!!! Very Happy

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

Ram

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,

I really thought this may be too technical for some... So let me quote some examples:

"கண்ட நடை": அழகு மலர் ஆட, அபினயங்கள் கூட
"மிஸ்ர நடை": "மின்னலே" படத்தில் "இருவிழி உனதே" எங்கிற பாடல். (இசை: ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜ்)

I know you will definitely not even consider non-MSV songs (Our proud "MSV Patriot" Vaidy Very Happy !!!!!) but just quoted these examples for better understanding... Thats all..
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Comments, Questions , Suggestions -Kanda nadai Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vaidy
Despite your disclaimer of technical stress about "KANDA NADAI"
YOU HAVE APTLY EXPLOITED THE SITUATION to pun with the word 'Kanda' to imply illogical, convenience-based compositions that "pass" for film music only to fail in the esteem of the knowledgeable listener. KANDAPADI SEYVADHAE KANDA NADAI ENBADHU MUTRILUM PUDHIYA AANAL aaNiththaramaana UNMAI. Indha "Kanda nadaigaLai', unmaiyaana kanda nadaiyai kandavargal rasikkamaattargaL mattum alla, kandu koLLakkooda mattaargaL.
Yours was a beautiful conversion of a nasty ball into a Six!

Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
Vatsan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: 5/4 Reply with quote

What a surprise......I had started thinking about this thread all of a sudden and all of a sudden I recieve an invite for Revathi Krishna's Veena concert where she plays film songs and voila what happens !!!! She plays MSV's Anandha Bhairavi from Veettukku Veedu sung by PS "nal vAzhvu nAm vAzha" set to 5/4. This is quite simply the greatest Anandha Bhairavi I have ever heard. Thanks to Revathi, brought a "forgotten for 30 years" song back to the forefront of my art appreciation faculties...I have been humming this song ever since......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: