"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduce Yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: N Y MURALI Reply with quote

HAI Smile
MY NAME IS N Y MURALI

DOB 10.06.61

OCCUPATION: HAVING MODULAR KITCHEN SHOWROOM AT 100FT ROAD, VADAPALANI

STAYING AT WEST MAMBALAM. MY WIFE IS CONSULTANT FOR MARKET RESEARCH CO. MY ELDER SON IS DOING FIRST YEAR B TECH IN AERONAUTICAL ENGG IN MIT CHROMEPET AND MY YOUNGER DAUGHTER IS STUDYING IN 6TH STD IN NARAYANA MISSION IN W MAM.

MY HOBBIES ARE PLAYING HARMONIUM AND KEYBOARD. IAM NOT A PROFESSIONAL KEYBOARD PLAYER BUT I LEARNT HARMONIUM AND KEYBOARD BECAUSE I COMPOSED AROUND 3 DEVOTIONAL ALBUMS ON LORD KRISHNA AND LORD IYYAPPA SO KNOWING TO PLAY HARMONIUM OR KEYBOARD HAS BECOME A NECCESSITY. I AM ALSO NOT A PROFESSIONAL MD AND ALL OF THESE ARE FOR ATHMA TRUPTI. MY FIRST CASSETTE WAS ON LORD KRISHNA BY NAME KRISHNARPANAM IN THE YEAR 1985 AND IT WAS RELASED DURING A FUNCTION PRESIDED BY NONE OTEHR THAN THE GREAT COMPOSER MSV. I STILL HAVE A PHOTO TAKEN WITH HIM AS MY TREASURE. THE ALBUM WAS DISTRIBUTED THRO AVM AUDIO. MY LAST CASSETE WAS ON LORD IYYAPPA BY NAME AYYANE AYYAPPA AND ALL THE SONGS WERE SONGS BY LATE SRI K VEERAMANI AND IT WAS DISTRIBUTED BY SARGAM CASSETTES. THIS WAS IN THE YEAR IN 1987. AFTER THAT SINCE I WAS AWAY FROM CHENNAI I COULD NOT KEEP MYSELF ENGAGED IN THIS. HOWEVER I USED TO SPEND MY TIME BY PLAYING ALL MSV SONGS IN HARMONIUM. THAT IS HOW I LEARNED T0 PLAY HARMONIUM.

IN FACT 2 YEARS BACK MY DAUGHTER LAKSHMI WANTED TO LEARN KEYBOARD AND SO I GOT HER A CASIO KEYBOARD AND DURING FREE TIME I USED TO PLAY ALL MSV SONGS.

AS I HAVE BEEN PLAYING HIS SONGS FOR OVER 25 YEARS I HAVE COME ACROSS CERTAIN SPECIAL FEATURES IN HIS COMPOSING STYLE.

LIKE ALL OF YOU I ALSO BECAME HIS FAN AFTER HEARING HIS SONGS EXTENSIVELY IN RADIO/TAPE RECORDER/MOVIES. BUT BY PLAYING HIS SONGS IN THE HARMONIUM OR KEYBOARD I HAD FOUND THAT THERE ARE CERTAIN UNIQUENESS IN HIS COMPOSING. I SHALL SHARE WITH YOU ALL THAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED AND ENJOYED WHILE PLAYING HIS SONGS.

BY THE BY YESTERDAY I ATTENDED HIS FELICITATION FUNCTION AT YMCA. HE SEEMS TO BE GETTING YOUNGER AND YOUNGER. THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF HIS INVLOVEMENT IN MUSIC.

BYE FOR NOW. I SHALL GET BACK TO YOU SOON.

MURALI
Venkat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Murali,

Heartiest Welcome to msvtimes club.
That was indeed a great introduction.
Very glad to know about you, your family and your compositions.

Its great to know about your playing of Harmonium and Keyboard and the interest you have in our MM.

Eagerly looking forward to your postings.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: MERRRY X mas Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OUR FRIENDS
ACROSS THE GLOBE

LET THE COMING YEAR TAKE US TO HIGHER PLANES OF THOUGHT

WARM REGARDS PROF.K.RAMAN MADURAI
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearty welcome Mr. Murali . Pls share with us your experience on the music of the Master . Cheers Very Happy
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear N Y Murali and B Murthy
It gives great pleasure to see more and more MSVians joining the elite club of MSVtimes.com. Many many heart welcomes to you. I am sure Mellisai Mannar's awesome achievement would make us tied up for more and more decades to discuss. And as Mr Murali is a Keyboard expert, we expect the analysis of nuances of MM's music from him, which he proved in his analysis elsewhere in this forum. And as a friend of Sabesan, I take more joy in welcoming you here, Mr. Murthy.
Raghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear MSV fans,
I am a new entrant into this great family. Though I had joined last year, my busy schedules hardly permitted me to start interacting with you all. Very sorry! I feel honoured to say that I am a die hard fan of MM MSV. My thoughts are always filled with MM's music. Throughout the day, my thoughts are cherished by flashes of MM's songs, and this verily keeps my spirits alive and happy.

I work as a scientist in the field of semiconductors in a central govt. laboratory. I live in Hyderabad. Was born in Oct 1967. My early schooling was in Thanjavur where my father worked as a professor. After my M.Sc. & M.Tech., I initially was working in Delhi and since the year 2000 in Hyderabad. I obtained my Ph.D. in Physics from the University of Hyderabad (MSV's songs gave me ample company during this tough phase of my life, mostly in the late nights during thesis work, and importantly, while writing the thesis). The love affair with MSV started when I was in my nursery class and my mother reminds me of the thrill when I saw "Pon magal vandaal" on screen. The captivating music of this song made me a permanent fan of MSV from that day (of the film's release, I guess?). Because of my madness of MSV, my parents, my brother and sister too have love for his songs! When any interesting anecdote is narrated by MSV in the Mega TV on Sundays, my sister transmits it through her cell phone live to Hyderabad.

My wife, a housewife (an M.Sc in Maths), has been convinced by my discourses (!) on MSV and his songs, and now is a fan too. I named my daughter as Madhuvanti after being mesmerized by MM's songs in this raaga. She loves MSV's songs and she is in her 6th std. She is learning some keyboard and Hindustani music. My son is in LKG and manages to hum a few songs of MSV. I try to play Tabla and other pecussion such as the Dholak and its like. Though did not learn traditionally, I got drawn towards MSV's beats and rhythm, and somehow play and have played for some songs on small stages.

My work keeps me away from my main hobby of listening to MSV's songs owing to the busy schedules. I do not get the relaxed time to see this site very often and that has kept me away from regular contributions. Some of the writings of the members, especially Prof. Raman, Ram, Mahesh, and many others (am yet to familiarize with the names) have attracted me here.

My one wish is to meet MSV at least once! I am searching for this ONE opportunity. I have a dream of writing to him personally. I pray the Almighty to grant me this wish of seeing him.

Thanks for the opportunity to introduce, friends!
In delight,
G. Sai Saravanan
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a bit late for me to introduce myself, two years after "joining" and a couple of months after becoming active. But then, there is not much to say about myself!
I am P Rengaswami, shortly P R Swami, though in the forum, some people address me as 'Parthavi,' which is my login id!

I am 57, having been born in 1951. So it was fortuitous that I was exposed to MSV songs in the 60's, when I was between 10 and 15. Psychologists say that a person's tastes, attitudes etc. are largely shaped during the adolescent ages. Well, my tastes and attitudes relating to several areas of my life have changed. One of the few things that have not changed is my tste for music! I am 'Endrum MSV' addict.

It so happened that in the circles I had moved, there were not many people who had passion for music and among those who had, not many shared my passion for MSV. (It is another matter that being a reserved person, I didn't have circles around me, but only a few points, which I have exaggeratedly described as circles!)

It was a painful experience for me in my college days when some of my close friends eulogized Hindi film songs (I had no objection to their doing this) and took pleasure in belittling the "quality" of Tamil film songs, which caused the pain. I was unable to counter them because my knowledge of music (like theirs) was (is) next to nothing and I had not listened to many Hindi songs to enable me to make comparisons. Since I had a passion for Tamil, they found it easy to attribute my passion for MSV to my "craze" for Tamil.

So, I was somewhat lonely in my admiration for great compsers like GR, KVM and V-R , MSV in particular. Solace would come now and then, when I hear or read occassional tributes to MSV by some celebrities and others (like Aadhavan of Mega TV referring to old Tamil film songs as 'Porkkaalath Thirai Isai') I was feeling that such a wonderful composer has not even received the appreciation due to him, let alone accolades and rewards. Sometimes, I would wonder whether I am alone (along with a few more whose numbers can be counted with the fingers of one hand) in pining for MSV's recognition.

The discovery of MSV times and coming into contact with so many people whose passion for this 'Genius Unsung' is hundres times more than mine naturally made me feel vindicated, enthused, elated and exilerated. (As I am writing this, 'kaniya kaniya mazhalai pesi' is flowing out from Thenum Paalum' of Kalaignar TV, making me relish my feelings!)

Having talked elaborately about my passion, I will limit my mention about my profession and family. I am a Chemical Engineer from REC, Trichy (now renamed NIT). I had a chequered career, initially working in some industries, then switching over to Andhra Bank as a Technical Officer and tfinally being on my own as a Management Consultant for the past 13 years. I also take classes for GRE, GMAt,TOEFL, SAT and IELTS in an institute in the evenings and in the weekends. I have conducted workshops and seminars on Personality Development, Communication Creativity, Finance for non-Finance People etc.

I have also wriiten some short stories and poems and about 25 of my stories and a few of my Pudhuk Kavidhais have been published in Tamil magazines. My stories have appeared in my pseudonym (pen name) 'Vijayasarathy.'

My wife is a housewife. She has no great passion for music but she will promptly tune in the TV for 'Amudha Gaanam, (Mega TV)' 'Thenum Paalum' (Kalaignar TV) and 'Then Kinam' (Jaya TV) in the mornings.
I have a son and a daughter studying in Engineering,i n the final and third years respectively. Unlike several other members, I can't say my children share my passion for MSV. As a child, my son would sing Tamil songs watching me sing and my daughter had a passion for 'Kaalangalil Aval Vasantham' (perhaps because of my singing this song in a bank function!), their tastes have changed. Since I don't impose my tastes on others, I don't mind. Perhaps they will discover MSV for themselves sometime in the future, perhaps they won't. My son was a part of his schhol team in the quiz program conducted by actress Kasturi in Raj TV. She asked a question, 'Who partnered MSV as a Music Director?' My son prmptly answered 'Ramamurthy.' This answer tilted the scales in favor of his team and took them to the finals. So, I am happy that certain things have percolated into their minds!

I am considered a man of few words. This is only about my speaking!

Thanks for your patient reading!
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sai Saravanan and Mr. Parthavi,

I welcome you both in our MSV iars forum.

N Y MURALI
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[size=18]dear all

when we wanted to communicate FORUM MEMBERS , individually , we found out most of them , havenot given their email Id

PLS PLS SEND US THE EMAIL ID , THAT WOULD HELP THE CORE MEMEBRS TO COMMUNICATE , SO EVEN THE MEMBERS WHO ARE NOT REGULAR TO FORUM CAN GET UPDATES

THANK YOU

RAMKI - think you need to delete scores of email ids as they are irrelevent

[/size]
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: MEMBERS' IDs Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
The above posting from Mr.Vk strongly vindicates my stand that every member must be accessible by the site- managers though not by all and sundry. No doubt, everyone contributing in the forum is a 'recognized' member. Yet, there does not seem to be a mechanism of tracking us for even very specific requirements. Mere communication through the forum is no proof of every one having seen it.

A few things need being urgently done
1. A detailed application for membership on a hard format with the signature of the individual
It should provide postal and e-mail ID of the person
Should carry data like phone number, mobile number etc
Any change in any of the above from time to time must be appropriately communicated to the site managers.

2.Site managers are requested to allot a specific 4 digit number for each member.

3. All members must make it a habit to make postings on their names only with this 4 digit number to eliminate possibililities of mistaking one for another.

In the absence of these protocols, one has to just bank on chance for knowing specific information.

I trust, at least now we wake up to realities and avoid tendering excuses.

Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Welcome Mr.Soundararajan Reply with quote

Dear Mr.SOUNDARARAJAN,
My computer faded into exile for 2 weeks now and held me clueless as to events in the forum as well as my e-mail contacts. Glad to note your presence at the forum, making entries. AT 63, UMAKENNA KURAICHAL, NEER ORU RAJA.
Most warm welcome, looking forward to your nostalgic recalls of the grandeur of MSV.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sri Soundararajan,
Welcome to the elite club of the fans of MSV. I am sure our forum will see a new dimension in your write-ups.

Regards,

Raghavendran
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Soundararajan Sir,
Entry with tonnes of experience and richness! Computers are only tools and they will surely listen to your age! We are all happy to have such knowledgeable and experienced geniuses amidst in our forum. This shows the maturity levels and quality of our forum.
Sai Saravanan
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Soundararajan,
Warm Welcome to msvtimes.com.
Looking forward to your postings on our legend's compositions and your experiences.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome on board my dear sweet angel

i know , so far only age was your constraint . to become , member of this portal , of msv who has created innumerable ageless tunes

whenever you can keep writting . more so introduce msvs everlasting tunes amongst your peers

all the best .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: