"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRISHNA GAANAM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: KRISHNA GAANAM Reply with quote

Is there any other quality Devotional Album equivalent to KRISHNA GAANAM given by the duo MSV-Kannadhasan? I would certainly say a BIG NO. It is no wonder even in films this duo has given a lot of KANNAN songs..That is a separate topic. But this album - AMAZING!!

Yethanai murai kettalaum thevitatha padalgal! Nijamagavey Inbaththen vanthu paayum kathineley! MSV would have composed tunes according to the content of the lyrics and its situation. I dont need to tell this as he has never deviated from this grammer.

1. GURUVAYOORUKKU VAARUNGAL --- Narayana Narayana Hari Hari Narayana Narayana.....Narayana Narayana Hari Hari Narayana Narayana....Great! My head automatically slides bothways listening to this.

2. PULLANGUZHAL KODUTHA MOONGILGALEY -- What to speak about this over-popular song? Could we demand anything more than what this song offers with the combination of our veteran TMS also?

3. GOPIYAREY! GOPIYAREY! ---- Arumaiyana Kummipattu. And LR.Eswari takes this song in its stride and glorifies it.

4. AYARPAADI MAALIGAIYIL ---- Would SPB get another lullaby like this to sing in his life time? May be SPB would have felt the same thing while singing and has given his life and soul while singing this song! Yenna oru Melody!!

5. GOKULATHIL ORU NAAL RADHAI --- Oodal, Kadhal, Yellam migavum azhagaga kaiyandiruppar kavignar. Bharathikku aduthu Kannadhasan than; Kannadhasannukku piragu antha spot yarukku yenru innamum mudivagavillai yenral viyapethu!!

6. GOKULLATHU PASUKELLALLAM --- S.Janakiyin konjum kuralil intha paadal inimaiyo inimai.

7. KOTHAIYIN THIRUPAVAI --- My favaourite song in the album.. This song will bring tears in my eyes. Veeramani will steal our hearts right from the beginning...KANNAAAAAA KANNNNNNNAA, KANNNNAAAAAA KANNNNNNAAAAA....a small piece of flute..KOTHAIYIN THIRUPAVAI..My Goodness.

8. AMARAJEEVITHAM... What a way to close the album by our own Master in his own magical voice.

I am a person in late 30's. I dont know anything about the details of the release of this album. But I am sure our creators would have released the album without any publicity and dramas.

Has any other devotional album presented with such a variety of songs..Bhakthi, Iraivanakkam,Thallattu, Kollattam, Oodal, Kaadhal etc..etc...? All the songs are superhit!! Still selling in good numbers!!

I am not a technical analyst. I dont have any musical knowledge too. But I would like to listen a lot about this album...Members, Please share your thoughts...Even each song deserves discussion..No doubt..

P. Sankar --- Tirunelveli.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Krishna gaanam Reply with quote

Dear Mr Sankar,
By now Krishna gaanam is elder to you by age but certainly vibrant ever. As you have rightly opined there were no indications of the making or release of this album. In fact now-a-days a new ritual called SONG RELEASE function is held with all pomp and grandeur perhaps with the intention of silently acknowledging that the songs are not grand at least let the function be grand. There was no intention to hype anything then. All mega movies and their songs came without undue galore [like infants are born].They duly ascended their glory on their prowess of captivating the audience. In fact, the popularity of the Songs in Paava Mannippu was so huge that the movie producers wanted a song rating poll in 1961. Now-a-days it is the other way round of trying to ascribe popularity by forcibly pushing things down the throat like veterinary doctors. The whole of Krishna gaanam reveals the genuine Krishna bhakthi of Kavi Arasu and the right support lent to it by MSV. Already Kannadasan has made it public that his final routine of the day was to listen to Krishna gaanam before sleep. Also he has requested MSV to render this song on every occasion that live performance is given to audience. To date MSV abides by this request of his foil Kavi arasu. Though I am no analyst of musical nuances, I can comfortably state that this album was born from the grand desire of fabulously noble thought of creators and will sustain itself like Lord Krishna. Pardon my inability to contribute much. But certainly delight is mine while sharing what little I know. God bless you.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected Professor,

Ungal vazhthukku yen manamarntha nanri! Thank You, Sir!

P. Sankar - tirunelveli.
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the "BEST EVER" devotionals.... Absolutely matchless album and matchless Melody! Fans of all generations have become addict to this Album!

I will be posting this Album in the "Music" section soon...!

Many thanks our Sankar for reminding this wonderful album to our Club!

tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Divinity !!! Reply with quote

Dear Sankar
There are two more albums from this MSV - Kannadasan combo which did not become as popular as the first one. Nevertheless, as expected they also had many Gems in them. Hope you know the name of the albums :

1. Kannanukku Dasan Kannadasan
2. Venu Gaanam

I would like to talk about one particular song in the album Venu Gaanam sung by Rajkumar Bharathi. It goes as "Guruvayoor Narayana Narayana Hari Om..." which is the most Divine of all (IMHO) where Our Master would have used Chendai Vathiyam extensively so beautifully which would cast a magic spell on the listeners very first time when they listen to this classic.

Please listen to this. I would request Ram to get this uploaded in our website.

Kavignar would have derived concepts from "Bhagavatham" (Raasa Leela)in the song "Gokulathil Oru Naal Raadhai.." and also would have expressed his Prema Bakthi Rasaa in "Gokulathil Pasukallelam Gopalan Kuzhalai Kettu..". Totally out-of-the box compositions....

Thanks for reminding this album !!!

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sankar,

This album is a superhit album like any other movie albums.

SPB's will rate "Aayarpadi maaligayil" as one of his most favorite song with MM just like a movie song along with "Raagangal 16", "Unakenna mele nindral", "Paadumpothu naan thendral" etc.,

MSV, TMS, PS, LRE, SJ, SPB, Veeramani are the singers.
Every song is a gem...

There is no wonder that this album become so popular...

enaku therinja varai, intha devotional album will be available in every tamil home...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: