"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preludes & Interludes of Songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good find, Ramesh!
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saradhaa

Sorry. I got excited after reading this article and copied it immediately for our friends.

pasikkural kodukaiyil puthu puthu isai amaiththAn’

I think this one line enough for us to find the song . Laughing

regards
ramesh
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Minminiyai Kanmaniyay Reply with quote

Dear Ramesh,

Please convey my compliments to Mr Vishvesh for his good analysis. May I know who is this gentleman? Is he not a member? If so, why can't he join and contribute more.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. At the mention of just "pasikkural kodukaiyil puthu puthu isai amaiththAn", one can immediately say it is "minminiyai kanmaniyay".

Cheers,
Venu Soundar
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: MOTOR SUNDARAM PILLAI. Reply with quote

DEAR RAM ,

WHENEVER I VISIT THE SITE I GO BGM SECTION AND PLAY MSP.

WOWWWW

WHAT AN IMAGINATION.

STARTING WITH VIOLIN FLUTE FOLLOWS ACCORDIAN AGAIN VIOLIN

ENDING WITH A DIFFERENT NOTE PIECE .I THINK SIVAJI WAS DRIVING

HIS CAR .HENCE FAST BEAT.I SAW THE MOVIE.

MSV IS 100%AGMARK.

SANKARANARAYANAN.
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends

Hope you all aware that SUN TV is broadcasting old movies. Last saturday ANBE VAA(3RD MARCH). Next saturday KAATHILIKA NERAM ILLAI and we have few more ENGA VEETU PILLAI&KASETHAN KADAVUL DA.

Enjoy our MSV songs and BGM.

I enjoyed Theme music in Anbe Vaa When MGR meets Saroja devi first time (scene where she presented 100 rupee note). What a BGM.
It start with guitar and followed by Accordion and violin. Pleasant one .
Again same tune will be played with Xylaphone when TR/Saroja devi go for outing. MSV maintained this tune throughout the movie but used different instruments.

Have any one noticed terrific FLUTE before NAAN PARTHATHILAYE song.
Song starts with mild humming from PS followed by flute and bangoos which suits very well with natural surroundings of SIMLA.
TMS starts slowly with different tune NAAN PAARTHATHILE . You can listen this part only in movie.

I am eagerly waiting for KADHALIKA NERAM ILLAI & KASEDAN KADUVALADA. please write your experience about BGM AND SONS.

thanks

regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is another one with contradict style.one more duet from MSV/TMS/PS combination . This duet is from the film EN THAMBI.Shivaji movie.

Song : AIYAYIYA MELLA THATTU

MSV mixed folk&western for this duet. MSV brillaintely mixed flute/tabla/guitar and piano/violin .

PS starts AIYAYIYA MELLA THATTU with western style with medium range and goes for high pitch like AASAI PERUGI VEDUM ANUG SIVANDHU VIDUM.

You should hear how TMS sings SINGARI CHINNA CHITTU again MSV style SINGARRREEEEEE CHINNA CHITTU. CHELLA KILLIE ALLAVOOU
SEVANDHI POOU ALLAVOOU. MANCHAL NIRAM ALLAVOOU VAIRA NAGAI ALLAVOOU.

in the second stanza TMS starts with folk base(tappan guthu style). Quiet contrast one.
Amazing thing is from high pitch PS suddenly finish with AAHA MELLA THATTU/AAHA MELLA THAATU/MELL THAATU. We cannot imagine such contradict style in one song. MSV VARNA JALLANGAL .

regards
ramesh
irenehastings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr. ramesh

i also watched 'anbe vaa' on that saturday. i dont remember it is 40th time or 50th time. because whenever it showed i will watch.

but the magic is whenever i see this movie it is fresh always, especially its song and music. wonderful background music.

the theme music will start at the end of the title itself when the name of director a.c.thilulogachander is shown, in a guitar touch. as you said it will repeat throughout the movie but in different instruments.

as you said, the starting of the song 'naan parthathile aval oruthiyaithaan' is a poetic touch. what a starting with mild flute and beautiful humming of suseela and soundherrajan, which is not available in records and cassettes.

awaiting 'kaathalikka veramillai' another wonderful album by the genious.
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear irenehastings

Nice to hear that you also enjoyed ANBE VAA BGM and Song. Thanks for your response. Dont miss KASETHAN KADUVALADA also .

regards
ramesh
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR RAMESH,

WHEN IS "KAASEDAN KADAVULADA" SCHEDULED?

" THENGAI" IN ABSOLUTE FORM IN THIS MOVIE.

AND WHO CAN FORGET "INDRU VANDHA INBA MAYAKKAM"

( I HOPE I GOT IT RIGHT THIS TIME) KYA KARUN BHAI,BUDDA BAN GAYA NA, PURANI YAADEN FISAL JAATHI HAI.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: SAHI BATHA DHIYA AAPNEY !! Reply with quote

Fikr math Karriye Bala Bhai....Iseeliye tho hum log hain naa..Sabh teek taak ho jayega !!!

Is Bhaar sahi batha dhiya aapaney.....!!!!
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAASEDAN KADAVULADA scheduled on march 31st(last saturday of this month).

INDRU VANDHA INBA MAYAKKAM"

Yes waiting for that. Even though we use to listen quiet often but will be more enjoyable along with movie.

regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAAN PETHA MAGANE MAHARAJA EPPA ENDA PORANTHE NATARAJA

Famous song from jaishankar movie. People tend to view this as comical song(in terms of lyric) and song situation.

Mind blowing interlues from MASTER especially usage of accordion and flute etc . Amazing thing is all of a sudden he switched over to BHANGRA!! STYLE MUSIC (before PETORL VILLAYE EERI POCHU )and how smoothly he mingled again with pallavi Shocked . I dont think anyone would have imagined this kind of twist and turn for normal situation song.

THALIVA UNGALAI ENTHA KAALATHILUM YAARALUM NERUNGA MUDIYATHU.

regards
ramesh
Ram

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Ramesh! You have a great observation. Hats-off!

It may be a comical song. But MSV, specially in those songs, would have done real wonders.

Other example I could quote is "Muthu Kulikka Vaareegala". What a fusion towards the end!

What about "Poova Thalaya Ketta Theriyum" in Sivaranjani Ragam. I'm heartened to quote the lines of Sriram Lakshman, a great fan of MSV:

"Sivaranjani would not be able to identify itself in the dexterous hands of MSV!"

What a powerful statement !!!!!
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram

MY STOMACH IS BOILING Twisted Evil How many of them would have noticed this.

JILLENDRU KATRU VANTHATHOU-TMS/PS
Hope you heard this song(sorry to say this). just notice second interlude and you cannot imagine that you are listening same song. ENGEYO POIDUVAR.

regards
ramesh
Ram

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramesh,

I'm unfortunate that I've not heard that song. Can you tell me which movie that is from? I'll search and listen to that immediately.

Yes, as you said, it is not digestible that many wonders of MSV are still unheard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: