"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preludes & Interludes of Songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Preludes and Interludes Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
I do not dispute the concept of rebirth or any of the processes of nemesis getting drawn over incarnations and so on. All I meant was our familiarity to Kanadasan -MSV relates to their present life in this world and time; limited by this observation my mind does not digest their being punished , though we are not the powers to judge what do they stand to receive. Mr. Vatsan takes a straight course to touch a point and this time his approach was slightly different. If in the process of trying to understand him if I have spread any incongruous message I stand corrected apart from tendering unconditional apology to everyone for my inaccuracy. Thank you all for the efforts to help me.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
parthavi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Profesor,
I was only trying to convey the message that we can take it lightly and rebirth due to "punishment" need not be a stigma. I think Mr. Vatsan wanted to ortray thgis duo as Gandharvas and instead of using the traditional description like Bhuloga Gandharva etc, he has thought of an imaginative idea. We can appreciate the connection of the duo with the Gandharvas and laugh about the punishment part asan interesting though not plausible story. I don't think that anybody could mistake your well-meanig comments.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR ALL

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR ALL OF US TO WORRY ABOUT THIS FACT ABOUT MSV. WHEN WE READ THE STORY OF KANNAPPA NAYANAR FOR THE OTEHRS IT MAY SEEM TO BE A CRUDE WAY OF EXPRESSION OF HIS BAKTHI. AT THE END OF THE DAY IT IS OUR LOVE AND AFFECTION TO HIM MATTERS. AND IN THAT SENSE ALL OF US ARE LIKE MASV'S MUSIC FAMILY AND WE NEED TO HIGHLIGHT TO THE WORLD THAT THIS IS ALSO UNIQUE IN THE WORLD LIKE MSV'S MUSIC. WE MUST MAKE OTHER COMPOSERS TO HAVE ENVY (ONLY POSITIVE WAY) ON MSV ABOUT THE GEMS OF RASIKAS HE HAS GOT.

N Y MURALI
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagesh and master have a good rapport
members can share their bit of info on them
parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me MSV's interludes resemble 'sanchhrams' by carnatic musicians. It is a virtual travel in space. Carnatic vocalists (and instrumentalists) will go astray (of course within the defined boundaries and routes) in the middle of a Keerthana and come back to the lines. MSV's several interludes follow this pattern.

Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of musical patterns, raagaas, rhythms etc. Nor can I name or identify different musical instruments. I often don't even identify the flute, when it is accompanied by other instruments. So I won't be able to describe them. I am only a Rasikaa and am just sharing the sheer listening pleasure I experience(d)

I would like to mention Two songs which I heard recently. One is 'Kadhalikkak katruk kollungal' from Deiva Magan. The prelude starts with a unique kind of humming. There is a small piece of instrumental music after each line in the pallavi. The interludes that are constructed for the three charanams are what I described as 'sancharams'. They take you on a ride to some unknown place and then drop you back. The richness of orchestration is just amazing.

The second song which I like to mention is 'Siripil undaagum raagaththile' (Engirundho vandhaal), a masterpiece by any yardstick. Right from the humming in the beginning, through the laughter, the smooth (not a bit contrived) transition to the swaraas, then launching the pallavi very unobtrusively, as if nothing happened before the launch of the pallavi....Well, I am unable to complete the sentence because I had started on something which was too big for me!

The first interlude is soft and on a low-key (not in the musical sense) but the second interlude suddenly lifts us up, as it often happens with MSV.

Yesterday, after listening to 'oli mayamaana ethir kaalam' in 'Endrum MSV,' Aadhavan said, 'Enna solradhunne theriyale!"

I will conclude by borrowing the above lines from Aathavan, after miserably failing to describe an ineffable experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: