"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exclusive thread on Sri.T.K.Ramamoorthy and his songs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: RAGASUDHA - THE AK 47 OF MSVTIMES.COM Reply with quote

Dear Ragasudha,

That was an instant firing by you. Though it's been a long overdue to have a thread dedicated exclusively for TKR, I am glad that we have done it. As Ram felt, MSV would be absolutely pleased and I shall let him know that we have started this thread. I think the song from Marakka Mudiyuma is Kagitha Odam by PS and I hope I'hv guessed it right.

Keep firing Ragasudha.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to Vaidy Reply with quote

Dear Sri Vaidy
Thank you for your kind posting. The song from Marakka Mudiyuma I mentioned is sung by P. Suseela with humming by K.J. Yesudas. As I mentioned earlier, in some of the prints, the song was removed in B & C centres, during the film's initial run. This song was very popular in the All India Radio, (even Ceylon Radio didn't give much importance to this song). Without AIR, this song would have definitely faded away. One of the best melodies Tamil cinema has ever heard. You'd have definitely heard it and if I you hear it again now, you'd identify it immediately.
With regards,
Sincerely,
V. Raghavendran.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Tiruttani Muruga Reply with quote

Song: Tiruttani Muruga
Film: Neelagiri Express
Singers: Sulamangalam Rajalakshmi & P. Suseela
Lyrics: Kannadaasan
Sulamangalam Sisters famous for Kanda Sashti Kavacham were requested to render the same for recording based on the roaring success of this song. Was played at every nook and corner of Tamil Nadu in all the functions like marriages, public meetings, etc. One of the best devotional songs from cinema.
V. Raghavendran.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Kaadhal jothi anaiyaadadhu Reply with quote

Song: Kaadhal jothi anaiyaadadhu
Film: Kaadhal jothi
Singers: S.P. Balasubramaniam and P. Suseela
Lyrics: Vaalee
Film based on Arignar Anna's story. Popularly known songs were Chaattai kaiyil kondu and Un maelae konda aasai, both rendered by Sirgazhi Govindarajan. But this duet by S.P.B. & P. Suseela was never played either in AIR or Ceylon Radio. But it's now sometimes telecast by private tv channels. A melodious number from Ramamurthi, this is one of those rare songs from S.P. Balasubramaniam.
V. Raghavendran.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Oru Paattukkup pala raagam Reply with quote

Song: Oru Paattukku Pala Raagam
Film: Sangamam
Singer: T.M.Soundararajan (Humming by L.R.Easwari/ B. Vasantha I don't exactly remember)

It's indeed guilty of the radio stations for literally forgetting this great song of T.M.Soundararajan. The teens and youth during the late sixties and early seventies almost were made at this song and we would run from pillar to post to hear this song if there was no other source. In fact this film was partially successful mainly because of this song. That female humming voice will breath life to this song. One of the best songs rendered by T.M.S.
V. Raghavendran.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Thannanthaniyaaga Reply with quote

Song: Thannanthaniyaaga
Singers: T.M.S. P.Suseela

This is an evergreen number and very popular and was an instant hit. The orchestration in this song will remind you in each and every bit of MSV, particularly the group violin, flute solo, etc. You have to be there to enjoy this number.
V. Raghavendran.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Kannanidam Kaettirundhaen Reply with quote

Song: Kannanidam Kaettirundhaen
Singer: P. Suseela
Lyrics: Kannadaasan.

This song is a popular number played repeatedly by the AIR then. Mostly lyrics oriented song. 'Kannanidam kaettirundhaen, pillai ondru vaendum, kannanae ingae vandhaan, pillai pola meendum, kannanidam kaettirundhaen....." Thus goes the song. One of those rare hits from P.Suseela.
V. Raghavendran.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Kaalaippozudhae varuga varuga Reply with quote

Song: Kaalaippozudhae varuga varuga
Film: Sakthi Leelai
Singer: S. Janaki

It is really the pet child of Ceylon Radio that this song was played almost daily from its initial release to early eighties. One of those melodies from S. Janaki this song became instant hit at Sri Lanka.
V. Raghavendran.

Dear friends, I think I have brought out almost all popular but not heard of recently list of songs composed by Mellisai Mannar T.K. Ramamurthi. Fans and friends may bring in their own posting of songs composed by T.K.R.
With regards,
Sincerely,
V. Raghavendran.
rajeshkumar_v

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragasudha,

kaalai pozhudhe varuga varuga is by P.Suseela and not by Janaki

you can listen the song here
http://psusheela.org/audio/ra/tamil/rare/raresong211.ram
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"நான்"

மீண்டும் டி.கே.ராமமூர்த்தியின் இசையில் ராமண்ணாவின் படம். பாடல்கள் அத்தனையும் அருமையோ அருமை. அந்தக் கால கட்டத்தில் கலக்கியவை.

ஜெயலலிதாவை கிணடல் செய்து ரவிச்சந்திரன் பாடும்...

"ராஜா கண்ணு போகதடி.. நீ போனா நெஞ்சுக்கு ஆகாதடி" (டி.எம்.எஸ்)

ரவி - ஜெயா டூயட்...

"ஒரே முகம் ஒரே நிறம்" (டி.எம்.எஸ், சுசீலா)

ஜெயலலிதா (பொய்யாக) சாமியாட்டம் ஆடும்..

"அம்மனோ சாமியோ... அத்தையோ மாமியோ..." (ஈஸ்வரியின் மாஸ்டர் பீஸ்களில் ஒன்று)

ஜெயா- ரவி காருக்குள் பாடும் டூயட்...

"போதுமோ இந்த இடம்.. கூடுமோ அந்த சுகம்..." (டி.எம்.எஸ், சுசீலா)

ஜெயலலிதா மனோகரை மயக்கப்பாடும்.. (பாப்புலரான 'கம்செப்டம்பர்' ட்யூனில் அமைந்த)

"வந்தால் என்னோடு இங்கே வா தென்றலே" (ஈஸ்வரி)

அத்தனையும் டி.கே.ஆர். உருவாக்கிய, செவிக்கு தெவிட்டாத விருந்துகள்.
vishwas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: MAdras to Pondicherry Reply with quote

There is a Pep song "payanam Enge" x 2, sung by TMS in MAdras to Pondicherry. the song would keep rhythm with the Bus speed ! AND HORN sound. This one is by TKR. There is a similar one composed by MSV around the same time "Mundhungal, Idathuku Mundhungal " (I dont recollect the movie name-) conveying a simillar mood /tempo. I dont know what was the inspiration for both the songs. But it showed how both the MMs used to think on the same wavelength for similar situations

regards
-Vishwas
Jeev

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Aalyam Reply with quote

Song: Koyil Enbathum Alayame
Film: Aalayam
Singer: T.M.Soundararajan

This is an evergreen song. Aalaym received the 2nd best picture award for 1967 from the Tamil Nadu government.
Jeev

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Engalukkum Kalam Varum Reply with quote

Another popular song in this film...

Theradi Vasalil Nanadi
Singer: T.M.Soundararajan
Lyrics: Valee

Radio Ceylon gave much importance to this song.

Jeev
vishwas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: போதும& Reply with quote

ஜெயா- ரவி காருக்குள் பாடும் டூயட்...

"போதுமோ இந்த இடம்.. கூடுமோ அந்த சுகம்..." (டி.எம்.எஸ், சுசீலா)

In this song , The prelude is just unbeatable; capturing the night mood with heavy raining outside. this song amply proves the versatality of TKR -the seamless integration of voice and BGM (of course the Hallmark of any MSV/TKR compositions) is simply fantastic

Regards
-Vishwas
Jeev

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Kathal Jothi Reply with quote

Another popular song in "Kathal Jothi"

Un Mele Konda Aasai

Singer: Seerkazhi Govindarajan
Lyrics: Suppu Arumugam

One of the best songs from TKR.

Jeev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: